Value of: Flyers Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Dang Blues don't really have a forward that fits that mold available

In a deal like this would Philly take back a cap dump (say Scandella)

One of Kostin/Perunovich/Bolduc/Neighbors+ STL 1st rounder+ Scandella?

I wouldn’t do that personally. I don’t think the value is there, but I’m not that familiar with the blue prospects, but I also don’t want a cap dump.

Reactions: Dooble08

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Personally I would hold on to Provorov unless it's a 1st + a good prospect. He was very good with Niskanen (who really wasn't all that good), and would make a solid 1st pairing guy if Ellis ever gets healthy.
How high of a first are you talking? Top 10 protected?

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Unlikely. For some reason teams really like players like him. Apparently there were quite a few teams interested in trading for him in the offseason. It's why the Flyers had to pay such a ridiculously high price for him. I have no idea what his return will be. Maybe/hopefully some team will pay a 2nd plus solid prospect or a 1st for him. But I would think that he would garner more than a 3rd in return.
Well just gotta wait till he gets dealt then oilers can trade barrie for that equivalent bc barrie is better and cheaper than risto

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I’d like to see them hold out for both but I don’t expect Fletcher to handle this properly. I don’t see much in the second half of that package.

That's fair, could potentially get it from a different team, but Sakic doesn't get into bidding wars unless his back is against the wall.

Also depends on whether the Flyers give Giroux his preferred destination or if they try and get the best package for him.

Reactions: SnS

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I actually wouldn't mind Yandle as a depth guy because right now 1 injury gets Bigea in the lineup, you MIGHT get away with that short term but 2 injury puts Bigea AND Dalstrom in the lineup, and makes Sandin and Lilly the 2nd pair and I like them both and they will get there but they aren't ready for that right now.

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I actually wouldn't mind Yandle as a depth guy because right now 1 injury gets Bigea in the lineup, you MIGHT get away with that short term but 2 injury puts Bigea AND Dalstrom in the lineup, and makes Sandin and Lilly the 2nd pair and I like them both and they will get there but they aren't ready for that right now.

You can have him for free. But they will never go against the promise they made to him.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
And what are you willing to part ways with for the NHL's iron man?

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
That's fair, could potentially get it from a different team, but Sakic doesn't get into bidding wars unless his back is against the wall.

Also depends on whether the Flyers give Giroux his preferred destination or if they try and get the best package for him.

I personally want to see G raise the cup, but I also want to get the right pieces for us moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad