Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
02 - Nolan Patrick (C)
44 - Filip Chytil (LW/C)
75 - Fabian Zetterlund (RW/C)
81 - Jack Studnicka (C)
106 - Maxime Fortier (C/RW)
107 - Luke Martin (RHD)
108 - Tim Söderlund (C/LW)

Chytil and Zetterlund would've both been among my top guys at picks 2 and 3 as well. Would certainly be content with that.

Chytil's YouTube videos are pretty darn impressive. They made me wonder why he isn't ranked higher.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
First page is up to date and I have added rounds 5, 6 and 7. I used the current draft positions as I wasn't going to try to juggle them to reflect the first half order of picking.

Boston has been on autopick since round 1 and I messaged the GM to see if they still want to participate. If I don't hear back by the time they pick next (It's pick 111 right now and Boston's next pick is 112) the Bruins will be up for grabs. If no one claims them, we'll immediately autopick for them whenever they come up. Any objections?

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
According to CapFriendly, I (Panthers) should have pick 185 from the Ducks based on a condition that wasn't met in 2014.

We're using prosportstransactions.com as the basis for the order and who belongs to a pick, so I won't change it even though I don't disagree that it probably belongs to the Panthers. You can petition the owner of the pick to give it to you though.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
:bruins are up for grabs. They are also up for autopick and if nobody claims them, they will be autopicked for the rest of the draft. Autopick will be Georgi Ivanov. Any objections? Anyone want to claim the team?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
With the 112th pick in the 2017 NHL Draft the :bruins are proud to select from Tappara U20 of Liiga.

"I'm sorry Bruins that player has been taken already."

Sweeney: "What?"

Bruins table quickly scrambles.

Sweeney: The :bruins are proud to select from the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL.

Reagan O'Grady

sw_7_ogrady,_reagan.jpg

19 - Juuso Välimäki, D, Tri-City (WHL)
55 - Scott Reedy, C, US NTDP (USHL)
112 - Reagan O'Grady, D, Sudbury (OHL)

Next GM PM'd

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Immediately after the Bruins management make their selection, the Senators front office rises as a single entity, moving to the stage in a 1-3-1 formation. They reach the stairs before the Boston braintrust get there, and slow to block General Manager Don Sweeney’s passage back to the Bruins table. The Bruins officials, flummoxed, stop in their tracks, unsure how to get through the Senators’ impediment of their forward progress.

Sweeney moves left and right, but cannot get find a clear space, as the Senators management converge on him every time. A frustrated hubbub rises from the other tables, prospects, and other attendees. “Come on!!†one yells. “This is dragging on forever,†another laments.

The minutes pass excruciatingly slowly until the Bruins front office, fed up with the sheer boredom, leap off the stage. The triumphant Senators strut up the stairs in exaggerated slowness.

To a chorus of boos, Senators GM Pierre Dorion pats his blazer and pants pockets, finally producing a sheet of note paper after another long pause. He leans into the microphone.

“Thank you. The Ottawa Senators …†Dorion begins, then stops to look for his reading glasses. A collective groan permeates the arena.

“You’re ruining the draft,†yells the Pittsburgh table.

“Okay, fine, here goes,†Dorion continues. “From the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Jacob Paquette."

Dorion then slowly leaves the stage after having taken the microphone from the stand. A further 35-minute delay ensues as the Senators officials play keep-away with the mic.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Immediately after the Bruins management make their selection, the Senators front office rises as a single entity, moving to the stage in a 1-3-1 formation. They reach the stairs before the Boston braintrust get there, and slow to block General Manager Don Sweeney’s passage back to the Bruins table. The Bruins officials, flummoxed, stop in their tracks, unsure how to get through the Senators’ impediment of their forward progress.

Sweeney moves left and right, but cannot get find a clear space, as the Senators management converge on him every time. A frustrated hubbub rises from the other tables, prospects, and other attendees. “Come on!!†one yells. “This is dragging on forever,†another laments.

The minutes pass excruciatingly slowly until the Bruins front office, fed up with the sheer boredom, leap off the stage. The triumphant Senators strut up the stairs in exaggerated slowness.

To a chorus of boos, Senators GM Pierre Dorion pats his blazer and pants pockets, finally producing a sheet of note paper after another long pause. He leans into the microphone.

“Thank you. The Ottawa Senators …†Dorion begins, then stops to look for his reading glasses. A collective groan permeates the arena.

“Okay, fine, here goes,†Dorion continues. “From the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Jacob Paquette."

Dorion then slowly leaves the stage after having taken the microphone from the stand. A further 35-minute delay ensues as the Senators officials play keep-away with the mic.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Well done!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Chytil's YouTube videos are pretty darn impressive. They made me wonder why he isn't ranked higher.

He's one of the youngest players in the draft class, had very good international showings, had a very good entirely 17 year old season in the top tier Czech league. I think it may be as easy as: homegrown Czech players get underrated and not enough attention paid to them, unless they do well internationally, and even then they often don't get the attention they deserve on draft day. Not a lot of Czech players get drafted to begin with that stay at home. Many of the ones that have in recent years are quality players/prospects that only look better when they come to NA and would go higher in a re-draft. There seems to be something of a theme there.

But you can watch any of his Extraliga games, if you fancy a longer look. High quality video, every game available for free on their site......Czechs make it easy. I've watched a couple myself -- and he didn't look at all out of place -- because he's someone I'm not sure I have properly pegged relative to others. He's got good tools (especially skating), high compete, has zero issue playing a puck protection game down low and even thrives off it (you can see in those YT videos at the u18s, but even against men he does it), and at least to me seems pretty intelligent, though I'm not sure if I see him as more of a winger long-term.....I think he's a better center than Necas fwiw. I look at many guys above him on scouting lists, and I'm unsure why they're better other than what I wrote above. Frankly, I look at a few guys I have above him on my list right now, and I'm unsure why they're actually better. Could stand to change that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad