Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Arizona Coyotes select Latvian goalie Mareks Egils Mitens, playing out of the the Aston Rebels of the NAHL from nearby Delaware County.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
St. Louis Blues select Nick Henry from Regina.

St. Louis management had their eyes on another player but changed their decision when Henry was still available at 130.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201705

nick_henry_action.jpg

:blues draft so far:

1-22 Klim Kostin
1-31 Kailer Yamamoto
2-53 Dmitri Samorukov
4-115 Igor Shvyrov
5-130 Nick Henry

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
With the 131st pick in the 2017 NHL Draft. The :wings are proud to select from the United States National Team Development Program:

Skyler Brind'Amour

ep_ch_17_skyler_brindamour_%286%29.jpg

Selections so far:

9) Elias Pettersson, C/LW, Timra (Allsvenskan)
38) Morgan Geekie, C/RW, Tri-City (WHL)
71) Joni Ikonen, C/LW, Frolunda J20 (Superelit)
80) Alexander Chmelevski, C, Ottawa (OHL)
85) Cale Fleury, D, Kootenay (WHL)
91) Tommy Miller, D, US NTDP (USHL)
100) Joël Teasdale, C, Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
131) Skyler Brind'Amour, C, US NTDP (USHL)
PMing next GM

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
The Dallas stars are proud to select marek skyvrne. If he's drafted already go bpa, I had other names but they're on my pc lol. Pming next gm.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
With the 133th pick of the 2017 fantasy entry draft the Florida Panthers are proud to select, from HC Ceske Budejovice, goal tender Jiri Patera!

160924_25.jpg

The Florida draft so far:
Martin Necas - C
Henri Jokiharu - D
Josh Norris - C
Jiri Patera - G

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Arizona Coyotes select Latvian goalie Mareks Egils Mitens, playing out of the the Aston Rebels of the NAHL from nearby Delaware County.

If we somehow ended up drafting this guy, and he made the NHL, and we were icing a team that included a guy called Bunny Man and a guy called Mittens, I would die of happiness.

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
St. Louis Blues select Nick Henry from Regina.

St. Louis management had their eyes on another player but changed their decision when Henry was still available at 130.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201705

nick_henry_action.jpg

:blues draft so far:

1-22 Klim Kostin
1-31 Kailer Yamamoto
2-53 Dmitri Samorukov
4-115 Igor Shvyrov
5-130 Nick Henry

Damn, good pickup at 130 OA. I almost took him in the fourth round, but figured the Rangers needed another goalie prospect first.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If we somehow ended up drafting this guy, and he made the NHL, and we were icing a team that included a guy called Bunny Man and a guy called Mittens, I would die of happiness.

Would have to be the first player drafted out of a local junior team as well, no? This was only the second year there was a team in Aston.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If the Isles had a 4th I would've taken Henry. He was one of a few I considered in the 3rd, but his skating worries me.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Damn, good pickup at 130 OA. I almost took him in the fourth round, but figured the Rangers needed another goalie prospect first.

I thought he slipped a bit here too. I`d take him if he`s still around for the Flyers string of 4th rounders.

If the Isles had a 4th I would've taken Henry. He was one of a few I considered in the 3rd, but his skating worries me.

I think the third is more likely when he is picked or some team really likes him and takes him sooner. His skating and how much he fed off of Sam Steel worries me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I thought he slipped a bit here too. I`d take him if he`s still around for the Flyers string of 4th rounders.

I think the third is more likely when he is picked or some team really likes him and takes him sooner. His skating and how much he fed off of Sam Steel worries me.

Yeah, I doubt he slips to the fourth, but if he does I'd love for the Flyers to scoop him. His skating really bothers me, but he has skill.

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John

I'll admit his skating is an issue, and that's why he's a third/fourth round pick instead of first or second.

However, I've always hated the "player X isn't as good as his stats show because he plays with player Y" argument. Sure, Nick Henry is not the one driving the offense on his line, but he is certainly playing right alongside the guy that is. Players like Sam Steel are special, but it takes an extra something to be the guy that plays alongside special players too. Look at Sidney Crosby, or Ryan Getzlaf, or Steven Stamkos, or Connor McDavid - some guys work on their wing and others really fail. It's not a plug-and-play system, not every winger has the ability to play with elite talent and keep up and produce. We saw this with Matthew Tkachuk in the rankings last year - there were a lot of "questions" floated about whether he was as elite as he looked because of the strength of his linemates, and it turns out he is just fine.

So, in summation, I think Nick Henry has the potential to play at an elite level as a wingman, if he can figure out his skating.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
I'll admit his skating is an issue, and that's why he's a third/fourth round pick instead of first or second.

However, I've always hated the "player X isn't as good as his stats show because he plays with player Y" argument. Sure, Nick Henry is not the one driving the offense on his line, but he is certainly playing right alongside the guy that is. Players like Sam Steel are special, but it takes an extra something to be the guy that plays alongside special players too. Look at Sidney Crosby, or Ryan Getzlaf, or Steven Stamkos, or Connor McDavid - some guys work on their wing and others really fail. It's not a plug-and-play system, not every winger has the ability to play with elite talent and keep up and produce. We saw this with Matthew Tkachuk in the rankings last year - there were a lot of "questions" floated about whether he was as elite as he looked because of the strength of his linemates, and it turns out he is just fine.

So, in summation, I think Nick Henry has the potential to play at an elite level as a wingman, if he can figure out his skating.

I`ll take your word on that. Admittedly, I saw him only once in the regular season and a handful of playoff games. Scouting nowadays usually sees through stuff like that but it still happens where a player gets drafted relatively high based on inflated stats.

That being said, having over a PPG as a rookie is excellent and is a good reason to spend a mid-round pick on him.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
sorry for mentioning to autopick my pick. I mentioned the misc. thread I would be gone all day yestrday and night and would not be back until today but didnt think to mention it here about BPAing my pick.
the pick is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad