Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
:bolts

Steve Yzerman is still unconscious, and I'm beginning to worry........but with the 49th pick in the 2017 NHL draft, Tampa selects from Sault Ste. Marie of the Ontario Hockey League, Morgan Frost. But seriously, should we call an ambulance?

The Capitals coaching staff rush forward to assist Yzerman. "He's choking," they yell. "Give us room, we're experts at choking!!" Two vicious hits from behind by Tom Wilson, and Jonathan Drouin's contract demands are expelled from Yzerman's esophagus.

Yzerman coughs twice and gets back to his feet. Oilers Vice-President of Hockey Operations, Craig MacTavish, taps Yzerman on the back and whispers, "If you had played dead a bit longer, you might have gotten the first overall pick."

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
This mock draft is making me more excited about the draft with who we can possibly get and such. I'm like some of these guys in the second round so far.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I think there are still a lot of fairly talented forwards left to draft. I have a list of 8 right now that I'm trying to decide between for my next pick (66).

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Pm'ed by the Dallas GM -

Dallas Stars select from Brandon, Stelio Mattheos

1297833317142_ORIGINAL.jpg

Will PM next GM.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
As a first-time participant in a mock draft, it will definitely give me incentive to track these picks. Fun exercise, this. Thanks again for organizing it, Chuck!

No problem. Glad you are enjoying it.

I think there are still a lot of fairly talented forwards left to draft. I have a list of 8 right now that I'm trying to decide between for my next pick (66).

I think so too. That being said, the second tier defencemen will likely get snatched up quickly in the actual draft since they are fewer.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Not sure I completely agree that there's a lot of forward talent there. At least not the type of 2nd round talent you see in other drafts.

There seem to be a lot of interchangeable players once you get to the mid-second round. Both at forward and the blueline. A lot of very small players, a lot of checking liners.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Not sure I completely agree that there's a lot of forward talent there. At least not the type of 2nd round talent you see in other drafts.

Well there are definitely more Forwards I would take in this area than Defensemen, so I guess that's something. You have more than a handful of D in the 2nd round range? I readily admit I put more time in on the early Forwards for obvious reasons.

Pretty sure Lodnia and Frost ends the run of my second round targets. Now I'd be taking upside fliers.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
With the 54th pick in the 2017 Fake Draft, the Hurricanes guess we will select, from the Hamilton Bulldogs, hulking, Howdy-Doody looking galumph Mackenzie Entwistle, who is probably not related to legendary Who bassist John Entwistle.

7140.jpg

john-entwistle-being-badass-o.gif

tumblr_n8y4qb6qod1syqjbbo1_400.gif

tumblr_mr3jo9kn651raqb19o1_500.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well there are definitely more Forwards I would take in this area than Defensemen, so I guess that's something. You have more than a handful of D in the 2nd round range? I readily admit I put more time in on the early Forwards for obvious reasons.

Pretty sure Lodnia and Frost ends the run of my second round targets. Now I'd be taking upside fliers.

I don't have more than a handful of any position in the 2nd round range ;) Certainly I agree more forwards than blueliners will go in the 2nd, though.

As for Entwistle, I really hope his nickname is "Ox."

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
With the 54th pick in the 2017 Fake Draft, the Hurricanes guess we will select, from the Hamilton Bulldogs, hulking, Howdy-Doody looking galumph Mackenzie Entwistle, who is probably not related to legendary Who bassist John Entwistle.

7140.jpg

john-entwistle-being-badass-o.gif

tumblr_n8y4qb6qod1syqjbbo1_400.gif

tumblr_mr3jo9kn651raqb19o1_500.gif

You are getting quite the haul!!! I really hope Carolina doesn't follow what you are doing.

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
We have here live via satellite the GM of the Anaheim Ducks Bob Murray.
"The Anaheim Ducks like to apologize for not attending the draft and mailing our pick in, but this is what happens to teams when they are currently in the playoffs. We are trying to win the Stanley Cup here and not sitting on our azz like some other GM's here."

Bob is that language necessary here....Fans booing and throwing pretzels at the big screen.

"Yes it is. We feel Robert Thomas is a developing prospect who can be a top center in the NHL. We really like the way he processes the game in every zone and his defensive tenacity with the stick. He is a high IQ player. It is up to him now to put in the work in to make the NHL. All I can say to Robert is to work hard and if you don't you could get yourself into a bad situation and be a drug dealer on the street."

Bob a little harsh here don't you think?

"Listen, we here with the Ducks are smarter than other organizations. Which is why we are still playing and made the best possible pick. Thanks to all Ducks fans all over. You will like this player and everyone else can kiss my azz!"

Thanks Bob for that interview. Bob sounds like a big jerk. Well all I can say is good luck to Robert Thomas and stay off the streets. Geez
We have here live via satellite the GM of the Anaheim Ducks Bob Murray to discuss the selection of the Ducks 2nd round pick Windsor Spitfires goalie Michael DiPietro.

We understand Bob Murray could not attend and pick live due to the Ducks come from behind win in game 7 over the Edmonton Oilers. So Bob congrats and what do you have to say buddy?

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Bob excited about the pick or the win or both?

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Bob channeling the inner Ric Flair on this?

"Ric Flair or anybody else can't touch what my team the Anaheim Ducks did in game 7. Again I said Ric Flair or Connor McDavid or Michael DiPietro or anybody else or any other team can't touch what my team the Anaheim Ducks did in game 7!!!!"

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Then Bob drops the microphone.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Buffalo, while disappointed that Ostap Safin is off the board, is still excited to select Jarret Tyszka, Defenseman from the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL.

TyszkaSign.jpg

Next GM PM'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad