Proposal: Flyers and Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Nope.

Lemieux is not available. He is the rat the Jets lineup sorely needs. Management, and especially coach Maurice speak of him in glowing terms. He was at least somewhat close to making the Jets roster last fall as a 19 Y/O, and played very well in a late call-up to the A after his junior season finished.

Not for sale, period. Why sell this prospect prior to discovering his asset value? That would reek of poor management.

The kid is a future Jet, deal with it.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hagg looks like a bust where Lemiuex looks like a top prospect though? Why do the Jets do it

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I believe the Jets have Lemieux in their plans. He very nearly made the team last year before going back to junior.

Very doubtful he is available.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
"I’ve got lots of time for the way he’s played. Brendan is a really good example of a player who has a defined game. I can tell you what he does and I’ve seen in now for four days pretty consistently. I saw it going back to the summer camp... he’s not far off a pro work level. "Now, as he gets bigger and stronger he’s going to be able to work harder and do more. But his attitude is right on all the drills. He’s doing it like a veteran guy. He’s shooting, he’s scoring, he’s coming across the circles hard... we’ll see."

What Lemieux offers the Jets, whether it is right now or down the road, is a power forward with touch. The Jets make no secret of their love for Lemieux’s ability to finish checks and drive in straight lines to the net. But Maurice said what separates power forwards from grinding forwards is their finish.

"He’s big and strong enough, he’s built heavy enough to compete for those pucks, but you have to have some hands to be a power forward," said the Jets coach "(Lemieux) scored 41 in junior and he’s knocked things down out there. He’s gotten it through, he’s beaten some goaltenders. There’s some hands there."

"He’s doing everything he can. How that sorts itself out in two-three weeks... we’ll see. But I like him as a player. I like the guys that I can understand what they do. They don’t all have to play like Blake Wheeler or Dustin Byfuglien, I just need to understand what it is they can do nightly. Those guys, you can fit them in."
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Brendan-Lemieux-328586641.html

Doubt they'd even consider moving this kid right now.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Nope.

Lemieux is not available. He is the rat the Jets lineup sorely needs. Management, and especially coach Maurice speak of him in glowing terms. He was at least somewhat close to making the Jets roster last fall as a 19 Y/O, and played very well in a late call-up to the A after his junior season finished.

Not for sale, period. Why sell this prospect prior to discovering his asset value? That would reek of poor management.

While I have no doubt the organization feels strongly about him, he’ll be a bottom 6 player in the NHL. It’s not like we can’t afford to part with him, but if we did I don't think it would be for someone like Hagg.

copernicanrevolution

Apr 30, 2009
Atlanta
While I have no doubt the organization feels strongly about him, he’ll be a bottom 6 player in the NHL. It’s not like we can’t afford to part with him, but if we did I don't think it would be for someone like Hagg.

This. For the right player he's moved, but it's unlikely that any team would offer more value than how the Jets perceive him.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
For me, Lemieux holds more value and has progressed much better since being drafted, while Hagg seems to have stalled in his progression and is starting to be leapfrogged by new prospects? As some Jets fans have already stated above, it appears that Lemieux seems to be a part of the plan moving forward and I don't think he would be available at this time. I do however think there could be a deal had between these teams as we have an abundance of FWD prospects, perhaps maybe something along the lines of Kosmachuck?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
From day-one Chevy said he wants to build a physical team that is difficult to compete against by extension; Lemieux fits into that to a T. Thanks, Buffalo.

He was the first pick in the second round IIRC, and his play and physical development since his draft selection has warranted it as somewhat of a bargain.

No one is offering Provorov for him, so why sell low when there is plenty of time for the Jets to develop this player further, including some NHL duty, and increase his asset value? As a draft and development adherent franchise, that is likely the exact plan that they have for him. The Jets specifically asked he be included into the Kane trade. They like this player, a lot.

Last edited:

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
For me, Lemieux holds more value and has progressed much better since being drafted, while Hagg seems to have stalled in his progression and is starting to be leapfrogged by new prospects? As some Jets fans have already stated above, it appears that Lemieux seems to be a part of the plan moving forward and I don't think he would be available at this time. I do however think there could be a deal had between these teams as we have an abundance of FWD prospects, perhaps maybe something along the lines of Kosmachuck?

Wouldn't say it's his fault Provorov Sanheim and Morin leapfrogged him..

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nope.

Hagg is not the D prospect I want from the Flyers but Jets have more F prospects than we can use. You want to wait on all of them to see how they turn out and then only trade those who bust? You won't get anything back by trading those. You have to give up something good to get something good AND sometimes you have to take some risk.

I would rather talk about Sanheim than Hagg. Provorov would be even better but the price would be too high. Sanheim for Lemieux + 3rd

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Hagg is not the D prospect I want from the Flyers but Jets have more F prospects than we can use. You want to wait on all of them to see how they turn out and then only trade those who bust? You won't get anything back by trading those. You have to give up something good to get something good AND sometimes you have to take some risk.

I would rather talk about Sanheim than Hagg. Provorov would be even better but the price would be too high. Sanheim for Lemieux + 3rd

Sanheim is a no go

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
There's no deal here that would result in both teams being happy because of the skill gaps

Provorov > Sanhiem > Morin > Lemieux > Hagg

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Wouldn't say it's his fault Provorov Sanheim and Morin leapfrogged him..

I'm not saying it's his fault either, just more so pointing out the fact. I'd trade a prospect such as Kosmachuck for Hagg, just not Lemieux.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
There's no deal here that would result in both teams being happy because of the skill gaps

Provorov > Sanhiem > Morin > Lemieux > Hagg

I wouldn't do Morin for Lemieux myself as a Jets fan.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sanheim is a no go

Too bad. We don't need 3rd pair D or prospects that project there. We need top 4 only. We have lots of assets that could be available but you are showing the same attitude to Sanheim as some Jets fans show for Lemieux. I say the same to you I said to them. You want something good you have to pay. How many LHD do you think you need?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Hagg is a defensive prospect who has not progressed as fast as was hoped for in Philly. He has to be their #5 or lower on their defensive prospect depth.

Lemieux on the other hand is a coveted prospect that has really shone for the Jets. All indications is that he is ready to step up & make a significant contribution as an agitator/scorer in the NHL. Although the Jets can afford to season him in the AHL for a spell, management is really high on this kid.

There is a deal to be made between Philly & Wpg as Philly has tons of defensive depth & Wpg has tons of forward depth. But Hagg for Lemieux is not in the ballpark.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Too bad. We don't need 3rd pair D or prospects that project there. We need top 4 only. We have lots of assets that could be available but you are showing the same attitude to Sanheim as some Jets fans show for Lemieux. I say the same to you I said to them. You want something good you have to pay. How many LHD do you think you need?

It's fine if you aren't happy with Hagg as the basis for a trade for him (you shouldn't be), but please don't begin to think that there is any package with Lemieux as the main piece that gets you Sanheim. There is a wide chasm between their values that isn't made up by anything reasonable.

Also - Most of our LHD prospects have been playing on the right side with minimal issue, so the NEED to trade one for a RHD is a bit overblown. It would be great, yes. But not to the point where we are selling our prospects for pennies on the dollar to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad