Flyers 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Took Sanheim and Lindblom in fantasy last night as late picks, hope its not the kiss of death lol

Also was criminal how late I got G,,, man I hope he roars back.

Had 6th pick and loaded on D, got E Karlson, Burns, Ghost as top 3 !!!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You know what else bud, and even more important IMO than if they are better than scrubs of yore - at some point, we have to let them acclimate to the NHL level. There's a limit to how much they can grow away from the NHL, and this is the perfect time to let them get their feet wet, while our realistic season targets are still at a lower level. I feel like I have typed that about a billion times in the past year, and I'm sure I have, but it remains true.
Agreed. Especially with Myers and Friedman right on their tails.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm sure everyone is eagerly awaiting the line combos at today's practice. If AMac and Manning are paired with rookies, I imagine the guessing games will begin. Who goes and who stays?

My high school homecoming is today(class of '83), so I'm going to the football game at 1:00 and a party tonight with all of my old buddies. I hope I won't be drinking away my misery.

Let's go Mandog!! You will do fine wherever you end up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only lineup that really matters is the one they field in April, and hopefully May!

That is, even if some players are sent to the AHL, the odds are that by April, not only will those players be back, but guys like Vorobyev, AK, MV, Myers and Friedman may be promoted.

My expectation is that this will be a transition season, as well next year, as the young kids gradually supplant the veterans - Gudas could be the only "veteran" defenseman left, a couple veteran forwards could be moved at the TD, others might be waived. The AHL players who aren't promoted this year will get a shot at a job in next year's TC, along with Rubtsov, Frost and others.

So from that perspective, it's a process that hopefully culminates in a young, explosive playoff team in May 2019. And the lineup we field in October 2017 is merely the starting point.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I'm more excited to see today's line rush combos then the first day of training camp.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm sure everyone is eagerly awaiting the line combos at today's practice. If AMac and Manning are paired with rookies, I imagine the guessing games will begin. Who goes and who stays?

My high school homecoming is today(class of '83), so I'm going to the football game at 1:00 and a party tonight with all of my old buddies. I hope I won't be drinking away my misery.

Let's go Mandog!! You will do fine wherever you end up.

OMG Boxy, you are three years older than me :laugh::laugh::laugh: I haven't gone to any of my reunions and haven't seen most of the people from my class since high school, nor have I ever seen my senior yearbook. Which is just as well, since I was drunk half of the time lol.

Reactions: boxcar65

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nah. I've never been to agame live before. I'll be at the first 3 home games this year tho. I've lived in the city my whole life and these will be first games so im real stoked.

My rebuttal would be "Have you been to a WWE/F event?" Can't be that bad. I'll probably join into be honest.

First of all, how the hell have you not been to a game yet? :laugh:

Second, it's extremely obnoxious. It's not done after a play or during a stoppage.. it's done randomly throughout play and it distracts from the viewing experience. The players themselves have publicly voiced their displeasure in it as well.

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad trend.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
OMG Boxy, you are three years older than me :laugh::laugh::laugh: I haven't gone to any of my reunions and haven't seen most of the people from my class since high school, nor have I ever seen my senior yearbook. Which is just as well, since I was drunk half of the time lol.

Well, Captain, my graduating class was 75. There were only 420 in the entire school, so everyone pretty much knew everyone else. Kind of cool. Probably 50 of the 75 in my class still live in the general area. Eight of my close buddies and I from high school have been playing fantasy football since the mid-90's. One of the benefits of going to a small school.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So every pairing has guys on it that should be in the starting lineup. Sigh...

Going with the vets to start the season on the road it looks like.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
MacDonald paired with Provorov again. Someone shoot me in the f***ing face.

Weise is going to play over Lindblom.

More vet loving bullshit from this garbage coaching staff.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Jesus, Appleyard tells Dave that Lindblom led the team in Corsi this preseason and his response:

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Smh @ Manning and A Mac in the starting lineup. I'm close to going nuclear on Hakstol. If he rides with them I hope they get him fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad