Value of: FLYERS #12

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild literally have no need for Laughton! He sucks and is old! Wild don’t need anymore bottom line C

• Laughton is the throw in to "replace" Rossi in the short term
  • The 12th pick (if there's still someone there Minnesota likes) is the value you're getting for Rossi
  • Guerin loves physical and defensive forwards
  • The Wild do need a bottom six center to push Khusnutdinov and/or Gaudreau down to the fourth line where they belong
  • They especially need another center if they're trading Rossi

Reactions: SnS

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Since Michkov comming in PHI next year my guess is Briere would most likely try to have a better team next year.

Center and LHD seems to be a weak position for them.

What would be the ask from PHI to trade that #12 pick ?
Curious, LD is a position of strength for the Habs. What would Philly realistically ask for the 12th

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
The stupidest possible thing they could do is trade the 12th pick without moving up. Even they know that. Word has been that they are trying to move up, particularly with the rumored Ottawa trade (where they'd likely be targeting #7). And they've almost certainly known Michkov has been good to go for some time now.
I 100% agree with you here although I think the chance of that trade not happening due to how the draftees fall has a high probability

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
7 + 39 + Korpisalo

FWIW - According to Puckpedia's draft pick value tool:
39 + moving up from 12 to 7 is worth the equivalent to pick 19. What this means is this is similar in value to offering 19 straight up for taking Korpisalo.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
7 + 39 + Korpisalo

FWIW - According to Puckpedia's draft pick value tool:
39 + moving up from 12 to 7 is worth the equivalent to pick 19. What this means is this is similar in value to offering 19 straight up for taking Korpisalo.

I think that would hamper the Flyers too much to make an actual good move with some money opened up. Since the Flyers never rebuild.

I’d imagine they’d want to have a move ready to move some money out if that boat anchor contract is coming in.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Let's say Iginla/Sennecke or Catton are there at #12 i could see the Habs putting Guhle on the table.

MTL : Guhle + #78
for
PHI : #12 + #32

Guhle-Sanheim
York-Drysdale

Solid top 4 on D
I'm not a habs fan and I dont think Ghule will ever be a top pairing guy on a good team but he's the only dman on the habs that fits their timeline and has shown he's a top four guy. Why would a team looking to start competing trade a guy for picks when every D prospect they have has a lower ceiling or has serious issues that may hold them back?
There's a chance that none of them ever hit anywhere near the expectations habs fans are hoping for. At least Guhle has shown he's gonna be a dependable top four guy.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Marner+#23 for #12+Konecny

The thought of a deal around Marner and Konecny crossed my mind (The Flyers getting a bigtime offensive option to play with Michkov, Toronto getting someone who can still score, but plays with more of an edge and more defensive responsibility), but I would rather see this executed without the Flyers giving up #12 if possible, something where the key assets are Marner for Konecny and Laughton (and maybe a Jarnkrok or Reaves to Philly, if Toronto wants to move some salary out the door beyond Marner.) Laughton's been connected to Toronto for years now, and I think building out the Leafs' forward depth and freeing up a bit of extra cap to reinvest in their defense could pay dividends down the line.

That said, I can imagine the user population of this board in particular feeling like the pick would be essential, seeing as this place was a prospect website first and foremost.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I'm not a habs fan and I dont think Ghule will ever be a top pairing guy on a good team but he's the only dman on the habs that fits their timeline and has shown he's a top four guy. Why would a team looking to start competing trade a guy for picks when every D prospect they have has a lower ceiling or has serious issues that may hold them back?
There's a chance that none of them ever hit anywhere near the expectations habs fans are hoping for. At least Guhle has shown he's gonna be a dependable top four guy.
Come on now let's be serious here. Guhle may not be a #1 that QB a PP but he's easilly a #2 in more than 75% of the teams in the NHL

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Why are the flyers throwing in the better assets
Marner is better than Konecny
The thought of a deal around Marner and Konecny crossed my mind (The Flyers getting a bigtime offensive option to play with Michkov, Toronto getting someone who can still score, but plays with more of an edge and more defensive responsibility), but I would rather see this executed without the Flyers giving up #12 if possible, something where the key assets are Marner for Konecny and Laughton (and maybe a Jarnkrok or Reaves to Philly, if Toronto wants to move some salary out the door beyond Marner.) Laughton's been connected to Toronto for years now, and I think building out the Leafs' forward depth and freeing up a bit of extra cap to reinvest in their defense could pay dividends down the line.

That said, I can imagine the user population of this board in particular feeling like the pick would be essential, seeing as this place was a prospect website first and foremost.
Konecny+Laughton+#31/32 for Marner+Jarnkrok

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Marner is better than Konecny
Konecny+Laughton+#31/32 for Marner+Jarnkrok
Then why is Toronto trading him?

No, I value Konecny, his future cap hit, and the pick more than Marner and what will be his second ridiculous contract. Would Bruins trade prime Marchand for prime Marner? Doubtful.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Insanity.
Does Konecny put up less points if he were in Marner's position with his linemates? I'm not sure I can be convinced he wouldn't. Konecny is PP1 and PK1 just like Marner. Just on a team bereft of skill and thus a good powerplay. But Konecny brings sandpaper and drags his teammates into the fight.

Marner gets spankings on the bench by his teammates.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Does Konecny put up less points if he were in Marner's position with his linemates? I'm not sure I can be convinced he wouldn't. Konecny is PP1 and PK1 just like Marner. Just on a team bereft of skill and thus a good powerplay. But Konecny brings sandpaper and drags his teammates into the fight.

Marner gets spankings on the bench by his teammates.

I mean, you should be convinced. Konecny's career year in points was 68, and his career PPG is 0.71. Setting aside Marner's rookie year, his career low is 67, and those were in 59 and 55 game seasons; his career PPG is 1.11, and he's never had a season with lower PPG than TK's career average. TK probably has another 10-15 points a year in him with Marner's linemates, but I don't see him having a 3 year run of 97, 99, and 85 points no matter who he's working with.

TK's a great player, and he brings more than points, but Marner's offensive production is genuinely on a level higher than TK's.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Then why is Toronto trading him?

No, I value Konecny, his future cap hit, and the pick more than Marner and what will be his second ridiculous contract. Would Bruins trade prime Marchand for prime Marner? Doubtful.
Except Konecny gas never reached prime Marchand status... And never will.

Marchand was already PPG at the age Konecny is now

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I mean, you should be convinced. Konecny's career year in points was 68, and his career PPG is 0.71. Setting aside Marner's rookie year, his career low is 67, and those were in 59 and 55 game seasons; his career PPG is 1.11, and he's never had a season with lower PPG than TK's career average. TK probably has another 10-15 points a year in him with Marner's linemates, but I don't see him having a 3 year run of 97, 99, and 85 points no matter who he's working with.

TK's a great player, and he brings more than points, but Marner's offensive production is genuinely on a level higher than TK's.
Not debating his production has been higher than TK's. I'm debating the team effects on that. Does Marner score more than TK on last years Flyer team? I'm not sure of that.

Except Konecny gas never reached prime Marchand status... And never will.

Marchand was already PPG at the age Konecny is now
Must be nice to have a HOF center and a star winger to play with.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad