GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I hope they’ve told Zeev and his family to de activate socials. This is going to get ugly.

I also tried to warn you all about this earlier and everyone was in denial. No way Basu wrote that specific article, pinned it without some insight/knowledge.

This place will get ugly so I am staying off it. Best of luck to everyone and dealing with your emotions. Remember, you don’t have to be cruel to a kid. It’s not his fault
Please provide actual segment of the article that says Habs would take Buium over Demidov. There is none, it only says there was risk to taking Demidov but him and Lindstrom were likely Habs first tier aim. Then mentionned Buium and Parekh we’re interesting pick. No where does he said he heard Buium could go over Demidov.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Sennecke might be that Getzlaf type who people regret not drafting much earlier, he's very intriguing. I think if his point production was higher it would make the decision a lot easier.
Getz was a bulldozer on top of the skill, though. And he played C. Sennecke’s got wicked hands, but not the same type of player. I see the upside, but would be f***ing pissed with him at 5.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I hope they’ve told Zeev and his family to de activate socials. This is going to get ugly.

I also tried to warn you all about this earlier and everyone was in denial. No way Basu wrote that specific article, pinned it without some insight/knowledge.

This place will get ugly so I am staying off it. Best of luck to everyone and dealing with your emotions. Remember, you don’t have to be cruel to a kid. It’s not his fault.

Many are stuck on position "we don't need a LD".

We don't have any other LD like this aside from Hutson. Having Hutson AND Buium on the same team would make us deadly af.

It will make our forwards that much deadlier...

Top D's play more minutes than forwards.

There's a reason D men are generally more valuable than forwards.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Many are stuck on position "we don't need a LD".

We don't have any other LD like this aside from Hutson. Having Hutson AND Buium on the same team would make us deadly af.

It will make our forwards that much deadlier...

Top D's play more minutes than forwards.

There's a reason D men are generally more valuable than forwards.
the thing is Buium's overall profile doesn't have him a tier above other prospects, therefore picking a LD is not optimal. If he was a can't miss player, then of course you take him as BPA.

Seeing what Sennecke can do and the plays he can make at his size is pretty damn impressive, and this has literally just begun due to his growth spurt.

It's not the sexy pick because it will require patience and a lot of trust that the player will reach his potential.

Could be a huge homerun though.

Not sure if I'd be too mad if we picked him either.

It would also help make us HYOOGE.
I'm much more comfortable with picking a forward with a homerun swing than a similarly ranked LD.

This place will get ugly so I am staying off it. Best of luck to everyone and dealing with your emotions. Remember, you don’t have to be cruel to a kid. It’s not his fault.
"Hey Zeev, hi it's Kent Hughes from the Montreal Canadiens. Go ahead and lock your instagram account because we're going to pick you. Welcome to Montreal btw"

lmao

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Demidov will look fantastic in a Habs jersey.

A40AE250-D5D6-4B7E-B5E6-F37AB0EE92BE.jpeg

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
the thing is Buium's overall profile doesn't have him a tier above other prospects, therefore picking a LD is not optimal. If he was a can't miss player, then of course you take him as BPA.

I'm much more comfortable with picking a forward with a homerun swing than a similarly ranked LD.

"Hey Zeev, hi it's Kent Hughes from the Montreal Canadiens. Go ahead and lock your instagram account because we're going to pick you. Welcome to Montreal btw"

lmao

What this reminds me of, is us drafting KK because "we needed a big C". We shouldn't draft a forward just cause that's our need right now, this high in the draft.

We should draft the player who we believe is going to be the best player in 5years as the first and highest criteria, especially because this is the Top 10.

We have #26 pick, and assets to maybe move up, to grab another top prospect.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
What this reminds me of, is us drafting KK because "we needed a big C". We shouldn't draft a forward just cause that's our need right now, this high in the draft.

We should have just drafted the player who we believe is going to be the best player in 5years as the first and highest criteria, especially because this is the Top 10.

Well you have to break it down somehow. Lets say "Tiers"

Tier 1 is Celebrini; Tier 2 is...; Tier 3 is...

It seems to me Tier 2 has a handful of names (no more than 3, perhaps) and everyone else is in Tier 3 and below. If any player from Tier 2 drops you have to take him no matter his position. To me that LD Silayev for example (but others will have other names in different tiers). But if you're choosing between players in the same perceived tier, then you have to take into account his position.

Actually, getting mad has never been more convenient! My social media notifications have pinged a dozen times in the last hour advising me there's something I should get angry at.
Apparently there was the US Presidential Debate last night and everybody on every side is upset by it. Talk about waking up with a smile, I found it so amusing.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Pronman's final mock has us taking Buium. With Demidov dropping all the way to 9th! Says our decision will likely be between Buium and Demidov and if we see them as equal, the defenceman will win out

Scary similar to Arpon's article earlier in the week. The fact that Pronman has mocked demidov to us for over a month and last minute changes his mind does not bode well.

Believe me, you don't want that, for HFBoards and our collective sanity.

Don't do that to us Kent...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

We should draft the player who we believe is going to be the best player in 5years as the first and highest criteria, especially because this is the Top 10.

Hopefully the org learned its lesson with Kotkaniemi. Gorton even mentioned something yesterday about always picking BPA. I hope they keep that philosophy front and center tonight, no matter how badly we need a forward. If the best player is a D, take him. Sure, our future defence appears stacked, but I'm not banking on all of them becoming #1Ds.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just pretend it already happened, to lower the hurt from IF it does happen.

From my perspective, if we take either player, we should celebrate.

People say OHHH but we already have Hutson.... okay, but Buium + Hutson is gonna be even more deadly.
Ummm…not sure I’d be “celebrating” with Demidov on the board….I’d accept and support Buium but I think I’d feel a little nauseous for an extended period of time.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad