Value of: FLYERS #12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I mean if you prefer a guy like Helenous, Nygard or Eiserman thats up to you for sure.

All D of Hutson calibre will be gone by 12

I don’t want defense.

I also only want to trade the pick if the Flyers are moving up. Unless it’s involving someone game breaking, which the 12th won’t do that.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If the goal is to get Bill Guerin to laugh hysterically, you may succeed with that terrible offer.
BG doesn't laugh hysterically. He will get plastered, fly over to Russia, and throw empty beer bottles and FU's at Khashdoo's place in a series of driveby's.

There will be an interesting player available at #12. I don't see that PHI needs to do anything. Just take BPA.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
BG doesn't laugh hysterically. He will get plastered, fly over to Russia, and throw empty beer bottles and FU's at Khashdoo's place in a series of driveby's.

There will be an interesting player available at #12. I don't see that PHI needs to do anything. Just take BPA.

Philly is trying to compete sooner rather than later. The idea the pick is available is either in a trade up or for someone who will improve the Flyers roster that day.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I don’t want defense.

I also only want to trade the pick if the Flyers are moving up. Unless it’s involving someone game breaking, which the 12th won’t do that.
Flyers have no one to offer that wpuld bring them up in the draft beside Michkov so wont happen

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Looking at their roster, there's a lot of NHL-level depth, but the top-end isn't as strong, with center in particular lacking that high end. If I'm them and 12 is on the table, it's combined with one or two guys to get an upgrade to hopefully get Michkov scoring right off the bat.

Which teams have a top-6 center they'd move for 12 and a player like Laughton?

Depends on how you view Buchnevich.

I don't think they'd move on from him at the draft, but it's hard to tell what his wishes are as the ball is currently in his court per Armstrong.

I'm not sure he's necessarily a center, but he has experience as a center, and if he's not traded, he most likely will be the Blues 2C next season.

Laughton can probably bridge the gap for the Blues in the short term if trading Buchnevich is a direction which they deem best for the club, and for Buchnevich. It's probably still too early for them to consider moving him though, but Laughton and 12 would be a return that checks some boxes.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah. You can think that. But I don’t agree with you.

12 + could get moved to get into the top 10.

It’s not a hard concept.
Again. What can you add?

Beside Michkov and Maybe Foerster. What you have to offer are guys closer to 30 than they are from 20 like Frost Farabee etc that hace little value to a team rebuilding (who are top10 right now)

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
You realize teams can take back unwanted pieces to make deals, right?

Hockey guys value Laughton. For example.
And you realize teams in the top10 and therefore rebuilding couldn't care less about a 30+ yo dude like Laughton lol.

You wanna climb in the draft, you gotta give those teams valuable toung players, not over the top 30+ yo bottom 6er

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
And you realize teams in the top10 and therefore rebuilding couldn't care less about a 30+ yo dude like Laughton lol.

You wanna climb in the draft, you gotta give those teams valuable toung players, not over the top 30+ yo bottom 6er

Ottawa has shown interest in Laughton, TK. They have bad contracts. So there’s something that could happen there.

It’s really not a hard concept.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Ottawa has shown interest in Laughton, TK. They have bad contracts. So there’s something that could happen there.

Like whom?

the only cap dump bad enough for any team in the top10 that would maybe consider droping is the Sabred

No team in the top 10 is dropping out of there for Scott Laughton lol give your head a shake if you think so.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Like whom?

the only cap dump bad enough for any team in the top10 that would maybe consider droping is the Sabred

No team in the top 10 is dropping out of there for Scott Laughton lol give your head a shake if you think so.

Korp? Boat anchor of a contract.

I think stranger things have happened. I wouldn’t trade for Laughton if I was running any team, but there are people out there who value him.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Korp? Boat anchor of a contract.

I think stranger things have happened. I wouldn’t trade for Laughton if I was running any team, but there are people out there who value him.
Korpisalo as a backup to a young goalie making 2-3M isnt that bad...
Again if Flyers want to go in the top 10, they will need to add one of their top 2-3 prospects to do so. No team will trade out of the top 10 to trade a contract unless it's Jeff Skinner bad

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

Flyers have enough bad contracts.
Not taking one more for TK.
Make a hockey deal for a 1c a bit younger.
Draft bpa at 12 and 31.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Flyers have enough bad contracts.
Not taking one more for TK.
Make a hockey deal for a 1c a bit younger.
Draft bpa at 12 and 31.

All signs point to Briere trying to move up from 12. So the logical spot would be 7.

I don’t agree with much that anyone wants to do with regards to the Flyers. I’m just saying. There’s more than one way to get into the top 10 if that’s what they’re thinking of doing.

Reactions: BillDineen

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Korpisalo as a backup to a young goalie making 2-3M isnt that bad...
Again if Flyers want to go in the top 10, they will need to add one of their top 2-3 prospects to do so. No team will trade out of the top 10 to trade a contract unless it's Jeff Skinner bad

He’d probably get sent down if he was traded to the Flyers unless they choose to have 3 goalies on the NHL roster.

You’re free to have your opinion. Everyone has them.

I’m just saying, I’m not trading 12 if I was in charge unless it was to move up or for a possible top 6 center.

Reactions: BillDineen

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He’d probably get sent down if he was traded to the Flyers unless they choose to have 3 goalies on the NHL roster.

You’re free to have your opinion. Everyone has them.

I’m just saying, I’m not trading 12 if I was in charge unless it was to move up or for a possible top 6 center.
Then as I said, id you want to trade up one of Foerster or Michkov is added to that pick. Cause those team won't trade down to get a 4th liner like Laughton.

• Haha

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
They're doing something to get a top-6 center, if not a prospect with 1C upside, with that pick at the draft or in a trade.

You have Frost, an injury-addled Couturier... and then all of Laughton and Poehling at center. It's one of the weakest groups in the league if you consider what that will look like in 2-3 years.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Depends on how you view Buchnevich.

I don't think they'd move on from him at the draft, but it's hard to tell what his wishes are as the ball is currently in his court per Armstrong.

I'm not sure he's necessarily a center, but he has experience as a center, and if he's not traded, he most likely will be the Blues 2C next season.

Laughton can probably bridge the gap for the Blues in the short term if trading Buchnevich is a direction which they deem best for the club, and for Buchnevich. It's probably still too early for them to consider moving him though, but Laughton and 12 would be a return that checks some boxes.

To be clear, I'm not a Flyers fan. I'm a Rangers fan, so I saw plenty of Buchnevich (and hated the trade that sent him out of NY). I haven't seen him play center for the Blues, but he had all the tools on display with the Rangers to do a good job of it.

As for the Flyers, they may just gamble on Frost taking a next step and Couturier bouncing back to form, along with Rizzo, Barkley, and Cates in the mix. I think it's pretty clear that if that is your center group, you need an upgrade.

As an outside fan, I just find it to be a pretty interesting situation. Lots of NHL players on the Flyers roster, so are they going to try to make a move for a top-end player or hope they have one in-house/can trade up and draft one? Who's expendable and who has enough value to get that done?

Given the ages of their core, I'd expect them to really start gunning for the playoffs in 26-27, giving Michkov, Fedotov, and that younger tier of players a little time to adjust/develop.

How sure are they about Rizzo? Do they think Cates will bounce back? How much upside does Barkley have? The moves they make will clarify their views.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I’d rather keep the 12, we don’t need Hutson.
You don't think Hutson has higher upside than York? Plus, I would take Hutson over pretty much any player available at 12, except maybe Catton.

Edit: I see that you are proposing moving into the top 10. Agreed with this strategy.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad