Value of: FLYERS #12

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Since Michkov comming in PHI next year my guess is Briere would most likely try to have a better team next year.

Center and LHD seems to be a weak position for them.

What would be the ask from PHI to trade that #12 pick ?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Looking at their roster, there's a lot of NHL-level depth, but the top-end isn't as strong, with center in particular lacking that high end. If I'm them and 12 is on the table, it's combined with one or two guys to get an upgrade to hopefully get Michkov scoring right off the bat.

Which teams have a top-6 center they'd move for 12 and a player like Laughton?

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I understand center being suspect to them but aren't they set at LD? They have Sanheim, York, and Seeler long term
Sanheim plays RD with York
Then you have Drysdale on RD too.

Then Seeler for your top 4 LHD ?
Nahhh you need much better, even better then York tbh

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Let's say Iginla/Sennecke or Catton are there at #12 i could see the Habs putting Guhle on the table.

MTL : Guhle + #78
for
PHI : #12 + #32

Guhle-Sanheim
York-Drysdale

Solid top 4 on D

Reactions: Devonator

Ledge And Dairy

Sanheim plays on the right with York.
Sanheim plays RD with York
Then you have Drysdale on RD too.

Then Seeler for your top 4 LHD ?
Nahhh you need much better, even better then York tbh

He did this season but that could absolutely change. Next year Philly is going to have Drysdale and Risto back. They also have Zamula, Attard, Bonk, and Grans. We know for a fact Risto played the best hockey of his career partnered with Sanheim in 22/23, they could easily partner them again then play York with Drysdale

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
He did this season but that could absolutely change. Next year Philly is going to have Drysdale and Risto back. They also have Zamula, Attard, Bonk, and Grans. We know for a fact Risto played the best hockey of his career partnered with Sanheim in 22/23, they could easily partner them again then play York with Drysdale
Then a Center is the target ...

Rather put Matheson on the table. Trading Ghule for a 2024 prospect only make us go backward in the rebuild.
Nahhh is does not.
LHD are stacked with the Habs.

Matheson (5 years easy)
Hutson
Wifi
Engstrom
Struble

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The stupidest possible thing they could do is trade the 12th pick without moving up. Even they know that. Word has been that they are trying to move up, particularly with the rumored Ottawa trade (where they'd likely be targeting #7). And they've almost certainly known Michkov has been good to go for some time now.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Then a Center is the target ...

Nahhh is does not.
LHD are stacked with the Habs.

Matheson (5 years easy)
Hutson
Wifi
Engstrom
Struble
The way I see it, our core is Slaf (20 years old) /Suzuki (24 years old) /Caufield(23 years old).

We need LD in that 20-25 age group to compete ideally between 2025-2033.

Kaiden Ghule fits the profile a lot more than Matheson.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Let's say Iginla/Sennecke or Catton are there at #12 i could see the Habs putting Guhle on the table.

for

Guhle-Sanheim
York-Drysdale

Solid top 4 on D
Hutson
3rd rd

Vs

12oa

Habs Draft Buium and Catton or Nygard or Senecke at 12

Reactions: BernieParent

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Michkov and a mediocre return for #12 isn't going to make this team better than the Rangers, Hurricanes, or a healthy Devils team with an actual goalie. The only noise this roster can expect to make next season is the Price is Right fail trombone.

We should be adding first rounders, not subtracting them. Two to three years from now, when those players are ready to join the roster, after we've dumped a bunch of garbage contracts and made a proper FA splash, then we can start making real noise.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

for

Guhle-Sanheim
York-Drysdale

Solid top 4 on D
Flyers would rather take the top 6 Center in Catton

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Risto won’t play 20+ mins a game. Or shouldn’t.

It should be York and Sanheim as the top pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad