Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think if you are a Bruins fan you point to how very very very good Boston is at identifying goaltending talent and the fact the Korpisalo has been on bad teams since he was 24/25. It's a similar story Sens fans were telling themselves last summer. Problem was that Ottawa added itself to the "bad teams" streak.

To be clear I hate that it was Korpisalo and not Forsberg as the dump coming back. But, its also true that the Bruins have been good for a long time, and especially since Bob Essensa joined the organization, at identifying and developing goalies.
I don't disagree, there's just an element of putting the cart before the horse to speak about it in such absolute terms as the Don has imo, but whatever, all good. Optimism is a good thing.

Some of the bad team argument imo was fishy because no matter who he played with in Columbus, the other tender was putting up a ~.020 higher save % every year, so the other guys seemed to be fine behind those teams whether it was Merzlikens, McIlhenney or Bobrovsky. Ottawa management even addressed some of his poor numbers at signing and claimed the double hip surgeries fixed his game, which also seemed a little bit fools goldy to me.

It's not that crazy to think he can turn it around, I just need to see it to believe it. I was screaming that we gave an underwhelming backup a starters contract, but that's not what you guys want from him, so maybe it works out.

Reactions: wintersej

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
like this for Ottawa. playoff bound?

Depends what happens with their D.

Adding someone like Chris Tanev will be almost as important as bringing in Ullmark.

They also have to consider Josh Norris is likely out to start the year (again), so they're down a top-6 forward. Especially if they trade Joseph, who's their go-to filler in the top 6.

Good first step but more are needed to get in IMO. Will know soon.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I wanna see this trade in a year before I declare the landslide winner. If korpi gets red hot as a backup you all will look like fools here or bruins draft a stud with that pick. Unreal how people judge trades.

if he can manage to not let in the 1st or 2nd shot every second game I would consider that red hot

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Now it depends on if the Sens can sign him or if he is just a rental. As of now, he is a rental. Also, let's see how the drafted Bruin giant at the 25th spot turns out. He is a centre at 6'7", who skates and handles the puck like a smaller, skilled player.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Decent trade, hopefully team structure improves and he isn't left to his own devices.
If Ull-misses-the-mark, it'll be another diastrous goaltending in Ottawa, a team that has fielded only two competent goaltenders so far (Ron Tugnutt and Ray Emery).

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Decent trade, hopefully team structure improves and he isn't left to his own devices.
If Ull-misses-the-mark, it'll be another diastrous goaltending in Ottawa, a team that has fielded only two competent goaltenders so far (Ron Tugnutt and Ray Emery).

You forgot the best goalie in franchise history, Craig Anderson.

And three quarters of a season of Hasek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad