Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Aug 3, 2021
Gonna need an official release of Maurice’s cat shirt

Also Edmonton sucks

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
have to respect how Florida turned their organization around. I used to think of them as a farm team for the rest of the league. They alway sucked, drafted high and would develop those players then ship them out to serious teams. The new ownership and bill zito have done an unbelievable job.
That was the problem. They sucked at developing prospects. They still suck. But they did give Lundell the best development by this organization. He just doesn't have the impact potential of numerous other prospects that they didn't development well.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
One of the Stanley Cup finals I will always remember growing up was Uwe Krupp ending the series from the point against John Vanbiesbrouck. It happened on the Florida Panthers home ice in triple overtime in game 4. I can remember thinking about how hard it must have been to watch someone else hoist the Stanley Cup on your home ice. Even moreso with zero Stanley Cups.

It must feel amazing to finally win the Stanley Cup in game 7 on home ice, after waiting such a long time to finally become champions for the first time. Congratulations.
Winning in '96 would have been nice but just too easy, what made this win great was how much suffering we as fans have had to endure the last 25 years, and then losing last year in the Final. You couldn't have scripted it better, winning game 7 on home ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad