Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
Gonna need an official release of Maurice’s cat shirt

Also Edmonton sucks

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
have to respect how Florida turned their organization around. I used to think of them as a farm team for the rest of the league. They alway sucked, drafted high and would develop those players then ship them out to serious teams. The new ownership and bill zito have done an unbelievable job.
That was the problem. They sucked at developing prospects. They still suck. But they did give Lundell the best development by this organization. He just doesn't have the impact potential of numerous other prospects that they didn't development well.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
One of the Stanley Cup finals I will always remember growing up was Uwe Krupp ending the series from the point against John Vanbiesbrouck. It happened on the Florida Panthers home ice in triple overtime in game 4. I can remember thinking about how hard it must have been to watch someone else hoist the Stanley Cup on your home ice. Even moreso with zero Stanley Cups.

It must feel amazing to finally win the Stanley Cup in game 7 on home ice, after waiting such a long time to finally become champions for the first time. Congratulations.
Winning in '96 would have been nice but just too easy, what made this win great was how much suffering we as fans have had to endure the last 25 years, and then losing last year in the Final. You couldn't have scripted it better, winning game 7 on home ice.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I have a question. Usually - the white house invites the champion to visit the white house during the season. So hypothetically, around November/December Florida Panthers might go to White House.

1. What about players who left Florida and are on other teams next season? Do they go too, or skip?
2. What about players who are added to Florida for next season, but weren't on this years' cup winning team. Do they join their new teammates and visit the white house?

Not the most important question, but I'm curious how that works

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
I have a question. Usually - the white house invites the champion to visit the white house during the season. So hypothetically, around November/December Florida Panthers might go to White House.

1. What about players who left Florida and are on other teams next season? Do they go too, or skip?

They go if they want. Reilly Smith went last year even though he was on the Penguins.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Winning in '96 would have been nice but just too easy, what made this win great was how much suffering we as fans have had to endure the last 25 years, and then losing last year in the Final. You couldn't have scripted it better, winning game 7 on home ice.
Out of all the Eastern playoff teams if the Oilers had to lose, I’m glad to see it was against a franchise winning for the first time. Well deserved win for a team that climbed all the way back after losing the previous year.
I know lots of people who travelled to the games in Florida and they had nothing but good things to say about local fans. Hopefully the championship creates a new generation of Panthers fans in South Florida.

I spend half my year in the Bahamas and there are lots of Canadian snowbirds where I live and one of my neighbours is a physician from Calgary and a die hard Flames fan so we’ve got a bit of a rivalry going and we’ve introduced ice hockey to some of our local friends and neighbors who knew/know absolutely nothing about hockey. Anyway a mutual friend of ours got really into the game, loves watching games with us and at the beginning of the year we told him he had to pick a team and we were both lobbying him to become a fan of one of our team and he picked the Panthers because they were the closest geographically and of course they win it all year one of his fandom. I’m in Alberta during most of the summers so as soon as both the Oilers and Panthers made the final he phoned me to trash talk me and we kept going back and forth during the series, it was a lot of fun seeing him turn into a huge fan and what a crazy Stanley Cup final for his first one, couldn’t of been more entertaining.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Out of all the Eastern playoff teams if the Oilers had to lose, I’m glad to see it was against a franchise winning for the first time. Well deserved win for a team that climbed all the way back after losing the previous year.
I know lots of people who travelled to the games in Florida and they had nothing but good things to say about local fans. Hopefully the championship creates a new generation of Panthers fans in South Florida.

I spend half my year in the Bahamas and there are lots of Canadian snowbirds where I live and one of my neighbours is a physician from Calgary and a die hard Flames fan so we’ve got a bit of a rivalry going and we’ve introduced ice hockey to some of our local friends and neighbors who knew/know absolutely nothing about hockey. Anyway a mutual friend of ours got really into the game, loves watching games with us and at the beginning of the year we told him he had to pick a team and we were both lobbying him to become a fan of one of our team and he picked the Panthers because they were the closest geographically and of course they win it all year one of his fandom. I’m in Alberta during most of the summers so as soon as both the Oilers and Panthers made the final he phoned me to trash talk me and we kept going back and forth during the series, it was a lot of fun seeing him turn into a huge fan and what a crazy Stanley Cup final for his first one, couldn’t of been more entertaining.

What a lovely message!

I'm in a similar position to your friend. I'm British so obviously didn't grow up with hockey, and only got into it during playoffs last year when I was visiting family in Toronto. I decided to support the Panthers partly because they were underdogs and had never won the cup, but also because I had really lovely interactions with Panthers fans. Not to mention my huge crush on Barkov [my sweet marshmallow man...] and a desire to spite my family who are huge Leaf fans :devdance:.

Like your friend, this year's playoffs - especially having experienced every single bloody emotion in that final - has turned me into a raging fan of hockey and the Panthers for life. You can tell your friend though that the problem is that the only way to go is down... I'm now fully prepared to have a few years of joy and happiness at most, followed by decades of pain and disappointment. [sigh] I'm an England fan, I'm used to it.

I've got Edmonton down as the favourite to win next year - there's obviously something to the experience of losing one year to win the next! But let's see... Maybe a repeat of this year's finals?

Last edited:
Reactions: JP Mick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad