"Cap Space" - Possible CapFriendly Alternative - Developers Needed

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yea all the info capfriendly has about contracts someone needs to copy and paste haha.

I wish I had the skills. I should reach out to my programming friend and see if he would want to help.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I can provide free assistance as a DEI consultant for the websites design to ensure that it's diverse and inclusive for all of your users.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
btw

A friendly reminder that when Capgeek went under we saw a bunch of gofund me campains started by people trying to replace it. None were successfull and if they fail? You do not get your money back. SO if you see any these gofundme things started--I would not give them money unless you want to waste it--if you have free money--feel free to give it me as I got several vacations coming up that I need to pay off

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Here is something that may or may not be public knowledge. Capfriendly had contacts DIRECTLY with the NHLPA and that is how they got lots of info.

Same with Puckpedia.com they like cap always had details before the media, ..especially when it came to NMC and NTC

Puckpedia will add some new tools and basically become the new CapFriendly. They already posted on Twitter asking what tools/functionality people wanted

I thought about getting involved in something like this because I was looking for a new side project, but man just can't see it being better than what is already going to be out there by the time it's done.

If PuckPedia adds an armchair GM tool, which I'm sure they're working on, then there's no point really.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Puckpedia will add some new tools and basically become the new CapFriendly. They already posted on Twitter asking what tools/functionality people wanted

I thought about getting involved in something like this because I was looking for a new side project, but man just can't see it being better than what is already going to be out there by the time it's done.

If PuckPedia adds an armchair GM tool, which I'm sure they're working on, then there's no point really.
I remember when capgeek went down and we a few threads from people who were starting gofundme things to do what capgeek did and all the posters either vanished or said that it was far more expensive then they thought it would be.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why did the caps owner buy capfriendly? Did he honestly think if he folded the website that another one wouldn't pop up?

Obtenebris

Apr 25, 2020
Nah, Caps owner even said that another one would pop off and fans should'nt be angry. He also said that if the league was intelligent, knowing that this is knowledge the fans wants, the league should run their own version of CF. He bought it to possess the tools, to help him and his team with buyouts/free agency/ anything really. It's just the best tool any gm could use. CF understand contracts better than most teams and many teams were using CF.

Owner do not care about fans having the info, it's not the "news" part he's taking away, it's the tools part.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Here is something that may or may not be public knowledge. Capfriendly had contacts DIRECTLY with the NHLPA and that is how they got lots of info.

Same with Puckpedia.com they like cap always had details before the media, ..especially when it came to NMC and NTC

100%.

They started off without those contacts but as you build the site to make it better and continue to make work and it becomes a database for everyone you begin having those people assist you.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005

Has Puckpedia ever mentioned about redoing their UI to be a clone of Capfriendly? That's what I love most about CF is that they have everything laid out so well and organized so that everything is accessible and so easy to find.

Looking at the current Puckpedia UI it isn't bad at all, but it takes up much more space than CF's much more compact and easy to use UI where much of the information can be seen at a glance without much clicking or scrolling needed. If there's one change that PP could do that would make a huge difference it would be to copy CF's compact design so that one can see much more info with much less scrolling/clicking needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad