Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
As an oilers fan born in the 90s this is only the second time I've been able to witness my team make it to the finals. Losing in game 7 both times is gut wrenching. But it was a hell of a series and when Florida went up 3-0 I never imagined the Oilers would force a game 7. Close series that came down to 1 goal.
Congrats Panthers fans

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Retread coach goes to Florida and in two years has two Stanley Cup finals and one Stanley Cup victory with a goalie that takes up a huge chunk of the salary cap. Score one for the old boys club.Just like we all predicted would happen here in this forum. Well, almost all..I sure didn’t

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
I wasn't able to watch every game but that was a great series! Congrats to the Panthers, in a very tight series that came down to the wire they seemed like they had just a little teeny tiny bit better contributions from the entire lineup that fell in line and grinded out that extra win. Some of the reclamation projects they have found have been remarkable, not least of all Paul Maurice who I didn't really believe was a great coach before this.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I feel the difference in the end was goalie talent. Skinner could have stopped that one.
I disagree.
I thought Skinner had little chance on either goal. The second one Kulak backed right into the net and screened him giving Reinhart a lane right into the slot. I thought both he and Bob played well. The difference was that Florida completely shut down the two Edmonton superstars. Just a clinic on defensive play all game.

BowB4Bolts

Aug 6, 2021
Tampa
Credit to ESPN for showing the entire Cup raising ceremony. NBC would always end the broadcast after only 8 or so players and force you to switch to another channel to see the rest of it.
Credit to ESPN for not cutting away every 30 seconds for a Labron/bronny update and/or the latest on Dak Prescott.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Too many Oiler fans acting like they are a shoe in for the Cup next year, so many things have to break right for them, and more than most teams they are one injury away from being a bottom 10 team in the league. As constructed, I don't think they'd even be top 5 favorite to come out of the west next season.
Who is acting like that?
How can you say “as constructed” they’re not a favorite? They just went to game 7 of the Finals and lost by one goal

Makes zero sense

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
Who is acting like that?
How can you say “as constructed” they’re not a favorite? They just went to game 7 of the Finals and lost by one goal

Makes zero sense

Because next year is a new season?? By your same logic they were one bounce away from losing in the second round against a backup goalie. It's just hilarious to me how confident Oiler fans are.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Because next year is a new season?? By your same logic they were one bounce away from losing in the second round against a backup goalie. It's just hilarious to me how confident Oiler fans are.
You make zero sense and can’t even just be happy your team just won a cup which is kind of sad

I’m not even an oilers fan lmfao

• Love
Reactions: CaptainScrewy

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Congratulations Panthers fans!

Tough loss Oilers fans, but that was one hell of an effort against the team favored to win it from the get-go.

Reactions: zar and Coffey

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Cheered for Florida last year after the Oilers were eliminated. They shutdown the best player in hockey for 4 of 7 games and completely shutdown Draisaitl, RNH and Hyman. Impossible to win when your 3rd line is your best line all series. Happy for Bob with all he's been thru over his career and especially happy for Maurice. Hopefully the Oilers can win it in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00