Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Screenshot 2024-06-25 090232.jpg

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Corey Perry is bad luck all around.

So true, but depends on team
  • Say one is fan of Leafs = Perry reaching SCF voodoo would be a gift.
  • But.... for any NHL franchise who knows what success is after 1st & 2nd rds...
  • Perry might not be best option for their team.
  • Seriously, Perry's bad SCF mojo -vs- Pat Maroon good SCF mojo >>>>
  • Perry's bad SCF mojo won out, and that's powerful mojo Perry has indeed.
Leafs should sign Corey Perry right away.....:DD

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Two best teams in the NHL this season took it to Game 7. Congrats Panthers fans. It must feel amazing.

To all the vultures: The Oilers were better than your team this year. They will be better than them next year too. We won the West and lost a coin flip to the Panthers in the SCF. Nothing to be ashamed of.

DavidpauseReinbacher

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Two best teams in the NHL this season took it to Game 7. Congrats Panthers fans. It must feel amazing.

To all the vultures: The Oilers were better than your team this year. They will be better than them next year too. We won the West and lost a coin flip to the Panthers in the SCF. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Bouuuuuchh bombbbbbb

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Game 7 was definitely the Panthers best game of the final. Hats off to them for showing up when it mattered most. Took a lot of heart and pride. I think their experience of losing in the finals last year paid off for them in the end. They just wanted it more than Edmonton and it showed last night.
Oilers like the 94 Devils, 95 Wings, 08 Pens, 19 Bolts, 23 Panthers.....knocking on the door and losing in a final before winning one.
And they will win one!

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Who was the Oilers player that was so slow to react to an open net? Why didn't he one time this for sure goal?

Cant Kick On 1 Foot

Nov 22, 2006
As a Flames fan I breathed a big sigh of relief… that said, this feeling is only temporary… I can see the Oilers next year absolutely steam roll the league right through the playoffs, and win the cup like Florida did on their second chance.

Disturbs me to say this, in my opinion Oilers will win the cup next year.

They made for an exciting playoffs this year. Very entertaining hockey.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I felt the better team won.

You feel for McDavid, but he was completely neutralized by Barkov in the final two games. Same for Draisaitl for pretty much the whole finals. He was even more disappointing.

Florida was a very tough team with a great system.

McDavid and Draisaitl will have more chances, but being great doesn’t guarantee you’ll ever get those close again. They had their chance and they didn’t play well. It’s tough to accept for them. I’m sure they’re as disappointed as anyone.

I would’ve given Barkov the Conn Smythe after game 7, and I was someone saying it had to be McDavid after game 5.

Florida is the better team. I expect almost everyone would agree with that.

But the better team doesn't always win, it's the team who plays best/wants it more often.

I feel as though McDavid had a lot of plays he tried in game 7 that didn't work, he often lost the puck when trying to deke a player or such. I wonder if the ice quality was bad and it affected him? It was also obvious that by the end of the 3rd - McDavid, and all of Oilers top players had simply nothing left in the tank.

Draisaitl....no idea. I assume he had an injury because his play was just bad since Dallas series. Curious to see what comes out in that regard.

McDavid 100% deserves the smythe over Barkov. Ridiculous take that one.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Imo much of Canada breathed a huge sigh of relief when the final horn sounded and the Oilers lost.
Honestly I'm long past the stage of "if my team doesn't win I sure don't want that team to win either!" Possible exception being I will never, ever root for the Bruins. Too many years as a Habs fan to shake that.

So sigh of relief? Nah. We've had 31+ years of NHL fans in the seven Canadian cities denied the opportunity to celebrate their hometown team winning the Cup. Insert whatever chirp you want about the Leafs and their eternal torture. Vancouver & Winnipeg & Ottawa have never got one in their modern incarnations. It's been long enough. I think hockey fandom can survive a Canadian franchise finally breaking the drought.

Besides, McDavid is a generational player and it'd be damn good to see him hoist one before his day is done. Last night wasn't his night, but I sure hope he gets another crack at it, whether with the Oilers or elsewhere.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Was Skinner the difference in this game? Game 7 Stanley Cup finals, he shoulda saved that second goal.

I don't think so

Skinner played great overall. I thought it was a great shot and he stopped everything else after and kept it to a 1 goal game

This is simply a case of Oilers running out of gas and unable to get the tying goal, while at the same time Florida playing great at the other end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad