Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
Anyone else getting robopenguin vibes from it? Same position, same look in its eyes even. Not saying it's a bad thing.

500px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_Logo_1992-2001.svg.png

we like our team*

2015-Penn-State-University-logo-design.png

That looks similar to penn states new logo they came out with last year. And FYI it looks a little cartoonish because it's modeled directly from the lion shrine.

it looks traumatized

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Don't like the lettering above, but it's def an improvement to the current.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
I like the logo. It's much more of a timeless look than their current one. It's not exactly original-six levels of simple, but it's clean and contemporary, and is bound to age gracefully.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Love this logo, Panthers are my second favourite team and I will buy a jersey with this logo.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Their 23 year old logo looks terrible.

No it doesn't. It's a completely original concept that does not recall any other logo. That is difficult to achieve when designing a logo with an animal.

The new logo with the shield is completely generic. There is an obvious comparison to be made with the Jacksonville Jaguars and half the people that look at the shield immediately think MLS or soccer. The other problem with the logo is that it faces left. Clearly the person that thought up this design (the Panther's owner) is not a thinker. A logo should be original. The shield is not.

Lastly the original uniforms were a masterpiece. That colour scheme is perfect for a team in Florida. It's bright and sunny and somehow they managed to get it to work without looking like a cheesy 70's baseball team. Red, gold and navy is a very difficult colour scheme. The current uniform does not get the colour balance right. That is probably why the owner decided to come up with a new concept in the first place.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The funny thing with the old/still technically current logo is that there's a decent-sized percentage that thing it's a timeless classic, and a large percentage that think it's utterly forgettable. It's pretty rare to see that big of a split in people liking or disliking a logo.

Frankly I've never seen the appeal of it. It's not a bad logo, by any stretch, but it's one of those logos that's generally been around my 20th favorite in the league for the entirety of its existence.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
It's basically the same as the new Jaguars NFL logo. It's terrible, MLS quality.

The old logo was better, may not have been great, but iconic to the franchise. This just doesn't look like an NHL logo to me.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
It's basically the same as the new Jaguars NFL logo. It's terrible, MLS quality.

The old logo was better, may not have been great, but iconic to the franchise. This just doesn't look like an NHL logo to me.

It's basically the same other than the fact they look nothing alike. :biglaugh:

In what way does this

Jacksonville_Jaguars_2013_logo.png

Look in any way like this

B2Bgapp.jpg

The posts on here sometimes. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad