Prospect Info: Florian Xhekaj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No. It was a comparative comment: that FX’s top end speed is significantly higher than Pezzetta’s. Neither are elite skaters. Not even close.

That is not remotely true as Pezzetta has very good straight ahead speed and is a huge reason he was such a highly coveted draftee into the CHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
*sigh* But they didn't get equivalent development time. Florian with his "generation" lost time whereas Big Mike's "generation" didn't. Kinda like you have to keep track of guys back in the day that spent years in the WHA and those points don't count in the NHL or the fact the guys in Ovi's generation lost tons of time because of the work stoppages.

Simple concept I think.

yes they had different development paths but that doesn't mean they can't be in a similar mold/style was my point as Xhekaj could be what we had hoped McCarron would have been for us.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I have been wishing for an Owen Nolan , Shayne Corson clone for some time, even a poor man's version. I know its a lot to ask, but just that old style player would be so sweet. Pez with a little more skill .. ok a lot more, but I still love Pez
And a lot more grit... i would'nt wanna have to watch my back with FX on the ice. That's one big dude... Seems like he's using his body well to overpower the other guys on plays. Une xharue man, met toi pas dans son chemin...

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Looks like some of us knew what we were talking about during camp raw as it was,
Awesome.
I was one of the very few that was happy with this pick. Most said it was wasted on him and that he would have been available in the 7th round. I wonder if people think he was worth that 4th round pick now?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I was one of the very few that was happy with this pick. Most said it was wasted on him and that he would have been available in the 7th round. I wonder if people think he was worth that 4th round pick now?
I would suggest that in one of those telling re-drafts, FX would go much higher.

• Love
Reactions: Habs13

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I was at the game the other night and he is definitely a real shit disturber. Never leaves a play without a little extra slash or shove but also isn't stupid about it. Good net front presence on the powerplay. Seems to be well trusted by his coaches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad