Speculation: Fleury has requested to not be traded

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Connor Murphy would make more sense to me than hagel

I still can't imagine a deal with Murphy, Fleury, half retention on Fleury, and Chicago taking Mrazek and his 3 years at 3.8 million as a cap dump that doesn't involve every piece the Leafs don't want to move though.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I still can't imagine a deal with Murphy, Fleury, half retention on Fleury, and Chicago taking Mrazek and his 3 years at 3.8 million as a cap dump that doesn't involve every piece the Leafs don't want to move though.

True. Would be a huge cost. However, there are only three trade deadlines left with Matthews and Nylander. So at what point do you open the wallet and spend?

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
True. Would be a huge cost. However, there are only three trade deadlines left with Matthews and Nylander. So at what point do you open the wallet and spend?

That's what a lot of us have been arguing when our guys get pulled in a Leafs thread, but no player short of McDavid is worth anyone's top prospects now a days, no matter how low they rank league wide.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
It would be costly but I'm just saying it would make way more sense than hagel

Reactions: Cogburn

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
That's what a lot of us have been arguing when our guys get pulled in a Leafs thread, but no player short of McDavid is worth anyone's top prospects now a days, no matter how low they rank league wide.
All due respect, but it isn’t just Leafs fans….the price tags Nucks fans have on their players have made fans of multiple teams say no thanks.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I think it is honorable that he decided to play out his contract in Chicago despite not really wanting to, clearly a family man who is done with hockey after this season. As others have said he has nothing left to prove.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
So whatever that tweet was, other than what comes out of the south end of a bull heading north.....

maybe time to lock this up

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He signed a contract, that's the entire point of each parties responsibility and obligations, his contract doesn't have a full no movement clause in it. Sorry no love lost for any of these athletes whom are paid millions.

In the real world when 2 parties sign a contract and one party decides to not honor the stipulations in the contract a lawsuit is filed to enforce the contract or recoup and financial damages encountered... Sorry MAF has no excuse here he knowingly signed the contract and agreed to its terms...
Yeah, thanks for the contracts-law lesson.

Seriously, it's always open that he can refuse to report, not get paid and sit out the balance of his contract. If he chooses to keep playing, he can sign as a free agent over the summer.

It's always up to the player as to whether he chooses to play or not.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Fleury to Toronto seems like a prime scenario where the Leafs embarrassingly lose in round 1 after paying a fortune to acquire Fleury.
Agreed, this is why my thinking is if you are breaking the bank, acquire someone with term, so they at least have the chance to lose twice with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad