Speculation: Fleury has requested to not be traded

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Why not. Take the money and get an early start to summer. nothing wrong with that plan.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Oh, a man of culture I see!

Extremely popular here. Lots of people walk around with their cap and the games are sold out. The QMJHL was thinking about expanding in Sorel and I believe they put the brakes on that because the LNAH team got the market covered.
I believe you.
I recall seeing that logo and name a lot whenever I went to Sorel.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
You get it in Calgary so why not Edmonton . Everytime I go to Calgary I get a Chicago deep dish pizza

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza : Pizza in Calgary, Pizza Delivery

A quick search and guess what ? Edmonton has Chicago deep dish pizza

Welcome to Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
I love the that place. Especially after drinks on Whyte ave.

But real Chicago Deep dish uses cornmeal for it's crust and is as thick as a sandwich at Subway. Neither of these actually resembles actual chicago deep dish.

(Funny cuz most people really don't love real chicago deep dish, and are pretty disappointed with it).

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
This just looks like he's pretending to have sources. :huh::laugh:

"I have so many good reliable sources but I'm getting mixed information so I can't really comment one way or another but trust me, they are very reliable sources. The best."

We can confidently say 1 source is Phil Kessel's hotdog vendor, which would leave Steve Simmonds' mom to be the other.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
2 months is an eternity when you have kids.

5 days away from my kid was agony.

I'd buy that argument, but again we go back to professional sports players are paid millions of dollars and they all knowingly signed contracts and understand the business including there own amount of time they can physically play and make money....

It's not like it would be a permanent move with years left on his contract ... again these players all make millions of dollars and all he would need to do is pack his suitcase and catch a flight , they handle his food , transportation and lodging ... he can always video chat with his family, sure it's a few months but that will fly quick then he can retire.. and still make millions either coaching or broadcast...

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'd buy that argument, but again we go back to professional sports players are paid millions of dollars and they all knowingly signed contracts and understand the business including there own amount of time they can physically play and make money....

It's not like it would be a permanent move with years left on his contract ... again these players all make millions of dollars and all he would need to do is pack his suitcase and catch a flight , they handle his food , transportation and lodging ... he can always video chat with his family, sure it's a few months but that will fly quick then he can retire.. and still make millions either coaching or broadcast...
It's a guaranteed contract.

He already made his millions to play for a non-playoff team while still being close to his family.

The sacrifice you're suggesting he makes gives him no monetary benefit.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
Oh come on Flower. Your kids are grown and school-age already. When I was a kid, I moved four times before middle school and I turned out just fine. Help the Oilers win a Cup this year man.

ATB-Fleury.jpg
I don't think he can also play defence.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Oh come on Flower. Your kids are grown and school-age already. When I was a kid, I moved four times before middle school and I turned out just fine. Help the Oilers win a Cup this year man.

ATB-Fleury.jpg

Thinking he could help the Oilers win a cup would already indicate that he is not fine, judgment-wise.

Reactions: MaWa

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Guy has accomplished everything and is sick of moving, I get it.

I understand that, but surely he's not gonna settle down in the Chicago area. Or at least I sure wouldn't.

But he's more than earned the right to choose his own destiny, so he should do whatever makes him happy. Sucks that he got stabbed in the back by Vegas.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It's a guaranteed contract.

He already made his millions to play for a non-playoff team while still being close to his family.

The sacrifice you're suggesting he makes gives him no monetary benefit.

He signed a contract, that's the entire point of each parties responsibility and obligations, his contract doesn't have a full no movement clause in it. Sorry no love lost for any of these athletes whom are paid millions.

In the real world when 2 parties sign a contract and one party decides to not honor the stipulations in the contract a lawsuit is filed to enforce the contract or recoup and financial damages encountered... Sorry MAF has no excuse here he knowingly signed the contract and agreed to its terms...

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I understand a players wishes........but from a management perspective, unless he re-signs before the trade deadline, than he is simply an asset that can be used to better the team for the future. He can and should be traded if the offer is worth it to to hawks organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad