Speculation: Fleury has requested to not be traded

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
MAF did mention about a week ago he likes chicago and would consider playing another year here in Chicago.

I could see Davidson offering MAF a team friendly deal if maf decides to play 1 more year. Chicago doesn't have a reliable starter in lankin...

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Fluery needs 2 more wins to be 3rd all time in the playoffs. He's already 3rd behind Roy and Brodeur for 3rd in regular season wins

Would suck if he doesn't get 2 more wins, especially if he decides to resign in Chicago

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think if Fleury becomes off the goalie market, then Holtby becomes the next goalie trade target for playoff teams looking to sure up their goaltending, if the Stars end up on the verge of missing the playoffs.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I think if Fleury becomes off the goalie market, then Holtby becomes the next goalie trade target for playoff teams looking to sure up their goaltending, if the Stars end up on the verge of missing the playoffs.

That's a possibility, however it's rare for teams to go after a starting goalie but stranger things do happen..

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oh cmon MAF... you know you can't make decisions that are best for you and your family... you have to please all the people on HFboards that think of you as a human video game!

Good for you staying put.. you have NOTHING at all to prove

Maybe he is for once just enjoying the idea a nice long offseason and really think about his future plans

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Oh cmon MAF... you know you can't make decisions that are best for you and your family... you have to please all the people on HFboards that think of you as a human video game!

Good for you staying put.. you have NOTHING at all to prove

Maybe he is for once just enjoying the idea a nice long offseason and really think about his future plans
There’s also that Chicago deep dish pizza….not getting that in Toronto or Edmonton.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Oh come on Flower. Your kids are grown and school-age already. When I was a kid, I moved four times before middle school and I turned out just fine. Help the Oilers win a Cup this year man.

ATB-Fleury.jpg

I bet MAF retires this summer. Can't blame him for not wanting to move again, it's hard on the family.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
There’s also that Chicago deep dish pizza….not getting that in Toronto or Edmonton.

Canada has Chicago Deep Dish pizza, what we don't have is the Chicago style frank hot dogs that you even find at the O'Hare airport in Chicago.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I bet MAF retires this summer. Can't blame him for not wanting to move again, it's hard on the family.

I find that hard to accept. He is making millions , plus if it's a trade to a contender he has the chance to win another cup and teams set these players up with housing or apartments and transportation. So his time away from his family would be 2 months max and when players are playing especially on road trips there gone for 2 weeks plus..

Just saying it's not as difficult for these guys unlike regular people who have to fend for themselves..

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I find that hard to accept. He is making millions , plus if it's a trade to a contender he has the chance to win another cup and teams set these players up with housing or apartments and transportation. So his time away from his family would be 2 months max and when players are playing especially on road trips there gone for 2 weeks plus..

Just saying it's not as difficult for these guys unlike regular people who have to fend for themselves..
2 months is an eternity when you have kids.

5 days away from my kid was agony.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oh come on Flower. Your kids are grown and school-age already. When I was a kid, I moved four times before middle school and I turned out just fine. Help the Oilers win a Cup this year man.

ATB-Fleury.jpg

Prime MAF isn't enough to make the Oilers win . Need a few upgrades on D and a couple better bottom 6 players . Then you got to get the top players more committed to playing defensive hockey . Then they can talk about maybe winning until then it just window dressing .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad