Speculation: Fleury has requested to not be traded

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting, I guess Fleury has won enough for his career and just wants to play the year out.

Honestly, this kinda makes me think that Fleury is going to retire after this year.

Seems like it. I'm sure having a small herd of young children is a consideration - I know I wanted my work to be as stable as possible when my kids where young.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can’t remember who it was on loca radio but they said he’s too much of a family man to be moving

Reactions: teddygmr

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He didn't want to leave Vegas, nor report to Chicago. Now he wants to stay in Chicago? I think he's just unofficially ready for retirement. Too bad, he'd have made a great addition to a contender.

He had a great career and will go down somewhat underrated. Would have personally liked to see him retire with the Penguins and have another shot at the Cup with his BFF Sid.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Oh come on Flower. Your kids are grown and school-age already. When I was a kid, I moved four times before middle school and I turned out just fine. Help the Oilers win a Cup this year man.

ATB-Fleury.jpg

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Oh come on Flower. Your kids are grown and school-age already. When I was a kid, I moved four times before middle school and I turned out just fine. Help the Oilers win a Cup this year man.
They wouldn't even move TBH, since he'd be a rental, he'd just be away for a couple months. But that's probably what it comes down to.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Interesting, I guess Fleury has won enough for his career and just wants to play the year out.

Honestly, this kinda makes me think that Fleury is going to retire after this year.
Not sure what Pitt's long-term goalie situation looks like but any chance they bring him back next season to backup Jarry?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
During the Flyers-Blackhawks game earlier, they mentioned that Fleury sounds like he's committed to playing next year for a contender, but might not want to be traded in order to have an early offseason to reset. They basically said he's had very few short offseasons over his career so it was likely that he would welcome this one and start preparing for a fresh start next year.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Not sure what Pitt's long-term goalie situation looks like but any chance they bring him back next season to backup Jarry?

I wouldn't rule it out, but I think it's more likely that Fleury will simply retire - maybe as a Penguin via a one day contract - rather than hang around as a backup. He was reportedly close to retiring before this season, and his family seems to want to stay in the Las Vegas area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad