The 919
4-2 win

4-2 record

IMG_1038.gif

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I thought Burns and Necas had great games tonight. I was worried about that third year when we first acquired Burns, but he has proven to still be effective at even-strength even if he's a couple of steps slower than in his prime. If they find a way to successfully manage his minutes this year, it would not be surprising if Burns returns for at least one more year for cheap in order to pursue the Cup during another big window with Nikishin and a top-6 acquisition.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I thought Burns and Necas had great games tonight. I was worried about that third year when we first acquired Burns, but he has proven to still be effective at even-strength even if he's a couple of steps slower than in his prime. If they find a way to successfully manage his minutes this year, it would not be surprising if Burns returns for at least one more year for cheap in order to pursue the Cup during another big window with Nikishin and a top-6 acquisition.

Burns is a guy who could probably break Gordie Howe's longevity record if he really wanted to. There are physical freaks who train well, and then there's Brent Burns, who maintains a herd of a special breed of deer on his ranch so he can eat the nutritionally perfect meat and is still 2nd on the team in fitness tests at 39.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Burns is a guy who could probably break Gordie Howe's longevity record if he really wanted to. There are physical freaks who train well, and then there's Brent Burns, who maintains a herd of a special breed of deer on his ranch so he can eat the nutritionally perfect meat and is still 2nd on the team in fitness tests at 39.

Oh, absolutely. I know that we have Morrow in our system, but the Canes have the luxury to patiently develop his defensive game if Burns stays an effective player for another couple of seasons. I'm pretty sure that Burns wants to play either until he can't anymore or until he has that Stanley Cup in his hands.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For those that use/post these often, can you explain something to me? How does Aho, who is on a line with Svech and Roslovic, have a negative "team defense" bar, while having a positive individual defense bar when Svech and Roslovic are both just positive?

I assume this is driven by a combination of the PK (grey bar) and because of times when he was out there with some of the 4th line/other players?

Just seems odd as both Aho and Svech had 20 shifts 5v5. Aho averaged 40s, Svech's averaged 42s.

Necas led all forwards with 23 shifts 5v5, Robinson had 22, KK 21.

GatPXRJXAAAOr3e

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
For those that use/post these often, can you explain something to me? How does Aho, who is on a line with Svech and Roslovic, have a negative "team defense" bar, while having a positive individual defense bar when Svech and Roslovic are both just positive?

I assume this is driven by a combination of the PK (grey bar) and because of times when he was out there with some of the 4th line/other players?

Just seems odd as both Aho and Svech had 20 shifts 5v5. Aho averaged 40s, Svech's averaged 42s.

Necas led all forwards with 23 shifts 5v5, Robinson had 22, KK 21.

GatPXRJXAAAOr3e

These charts are not especially fancy stat driven, they are largely reflective on high level outcomes game by game.

Svech and Roslovic are +1 and Aho was 0, so I’m assuming Aho was on the ice for a GA that Svech and Roslovic weren’t and that’s reflecting in the chart.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I know I'm the biggest lazy russian critic board member there is, but WTF is with orlov's shooting? Can he not shoot any more? Sometimes he shanks, fans, whiffs, etc, slow shots along the ice, soft weak shots, I saw this a couple times last night.

Am I the only one seeing this because I am critical of him? It seems his shooting just plain sucks.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Went to sleep after the second. Canes looked amazing in the first two periods. We honestly could have scored 7 goals. Vladar was sensational and our finishing wasn't great. Biggest concern for me was not the occasional defensive lapses (honestly Calgary's were 5x worse), but the finishing. It's looking like we will need to generate 2x more scoring chances than opponents to eek out more goals, but maybe it's temporary. A little Debbie downer of me considering we are winning on a tough road trip. Overall we had a really great 1st and 2nd.

I also think Slavin seems off.

Reactions: Daeavorn and Tryamw

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Of course he'll want to defend the title.

Are the ranks for that posted anywhere?

I'm picturing Turbo patting himself on the back for being top 30 each year.

• Haha
Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad