The 919
4-2 win

4-2 record

IMG_1038.gif

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I thought Burns and Necas had great games tonight. I was worried about that third year when we first acquired Burns, but he has proven to still be effective at even-strength even if he's a couple of steps slower than in his prime. If they find a way to successfully manage his minutes this year, it would not be surprising if Burns returns for at least one more year for cheap in order to pursue the Cup during another big window with Nikishin and a top-6 acquisition.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I thought Burns and Necas had great games tonight. I was worried about that third year when we first acquired Burns, but he has proven to still be effective at even-strength even if he's a couple of steps slower than in his prime. If they find a way to successfully manage his minutes this year, it would not be surprising if Burns returns for at least one more year for cheap in order to pursue the Cup during another big window with Nikishin and a top-6 acquisition.

Burns is a guy who could probably break Gordie Howe's longevity record if he really wanted to. There are physical freaks who train well, and then there's Brent Burns, who maintains a herd of a special breed of deer on his ranch so he can eat the nutritionally perfect meat and is still 2nd on the team in fitness tests at 39.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Burns is a guy who could probably break Gordie Howe's longevity record if he really wanted to. There are physical freaks who train well, and then there's Brent Burns, who maintains a herd of a special breed of deer on his ranch so he can eat the nutritionally perfect meat and is still 2nd on the team in fitness tests at 39.

Oh, absolutely. I know that we have Morrow in our system, but the Canes have the luxury to patiently develop his defensive game if Burns stays an effective player for another couple of seasons. I'm pretty sure that Burns wants to play either until he can't anymore or until he has that Stanley Cup in his hands.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad