Seravalli: Flames trying to trade for a center

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Chaz Lucius proposal is probably the only relevant post in this whole thread haha. I still think they wait for the summer and try to resign Andersson though

Maybe Norris, see if they have faith they can pull a reverse Monahan

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Before this thread chugs to a halt, I think someone like Shane Pinto would fit Conroy's profile.

Age 23, RHS C, 6'3", 201 lb. from Franklin Square, NY.

Sens have little cap room and trading him for picks/prospects/roster player for any gaps they may have might work.

I do not know what their needs are, but Flames have currency at the wing and defensive positions, not to mention cap space.

Is Pinto the cat's meow? I don't know that either, but would file him under succession planning for the day that Backlund or Kadri are no longer with the club (or injured).

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Mika Zibanjad, COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!

In all honesty. He is out performing his cap hit.

We just need a guy who brings something different to the table than he does with the way our team is built. Similar to when we traded Bernie Nicholes for Mark Messier. Bernie was a slam dunk all star but to take the next step we needed Messiers talent and know-how more.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
May as well try for James Hagens. Though, Roger McQueen and an attempt at McKenna next year would be better.

If you're gonna try, I'd be trying that.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Hmmm, a very big thought out of left field.

Too bad PLD is making too much money. him at 4-5 mil is worth a risk, with high upside.
26, top 6 centre potential.

Weird, he actually puts up good/decent numbers 30-60 points, but seems to wear out his welcome fast.

If he wears out his welcome in Washington he can be had for cheap cheap cheap since his contract his big, mid round pick probably. Calgary has more than enough room, but it's a very very large gamble. As long as you have a plan around his history and can get Washington to retain 40-50% it might be worth a look.

Then again, you can have zegras for that 4-5 million right now, without the sketchy history. just a higher price tag.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Hmmm, a very big thought out of left field.

Too bad PLD is making too much money. him at 4-5 mil is worth a risk, with high upside.
26, top 6 centre potential.

Weird, he actually puts up good/decent numbers 30-60 points, but seems to wear out his welcome fast.

If he wears out his welcome in Washington he can be had for cheap cheap cheap since his contract his big, mid round pick probably. Calgary has more than enough room, but it's a very very large gamble. As long as you have a plan around his history and can get Washington to retain 40-50% it might be worth a look.

Then again, you can have zegras for that 4-5 million right now, without the sketchy history. just a higher price tag.
To bad he also doesnt fit what the Flames are looking for. You know cause if you actually read what Seravalli said.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I'm not a fan of either team so I imagine both sides would hate this/me (I haven't lurked the thread at all) but if it hasn't been mentioned in depth already, it sounds like Shane Pinto would be a perfect choice. He's stuck behind Timmy Stu and flipflopping with Norris, but on another team he could really flourish as a 1B/2A. Ottawa has an awful right side currently with Travis Hamonic playing with Jake mfing Sanderson, and while I like Jensen he's not a top 2 guy. If Andersson doesn't want to stay, there could be a really interesting deal here.

To Calgary -
Shane Pinto
Travis Hamonic (re-sell at deadline)
2026 1st

To Ottawa -
Rasmus Andersson

Who says no? In my head this is a huge haul for Calgary with the potential to give them a #1C, and Ottawa is signaling that they want to compete THIS season and beyond. Plus, they have the cap space to re-sign Andersson long term, and he could be a deadly fit alongside Sanderson for the rest of both of their primes.

After this, Calgary would have 5 firsts in the next two years and you know what? I think they should look at trading at least 3 of them for significant help in the short and long term. They have cap space, so my targets would be anyone on a cap-strapped team with good pieces tied up long term, or upcoming UFA/RFA expiry deals. That leaves teams like NYR, Tampa, Vegas.

- Erik Cernak (great fit stylistically for Weegar)
- Jacob Trouba or K'Andre Miller (Big money deal or due a big money deal)
- Artemi Panarin or Chris Kreider (Age + cap hit could hypothetically shake them loose in favour of younger guys)
- Zach Whitecloud (decent upside stuck behind some top talent)
- Nic Roy (playing as a 4C, good mentor for Pospisil if he's a serious 2C threat)

Kreider - Pinto - Kadri (alternate faceoffs depending on who's better)
Huberdeau - Pospisil - Coronato/Sharangovich
Zary - Backlund - Coleman
Lomberg - Roy - Klapka

Weegar - Cernak
Miller - UFA?
Bean - Miromanov

Wolf

(forgot Kadri, switched with Kuzy)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad