Seravalli: Flames trying to trade for a center

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Literally says the age group and right handed and so everyone naturally mentions loads of lefties and a lot of blokes in their early to mid 30s.

It's cool to I dunno, maybe actually read what the GM is actually looking for, but hey let's throw more random names that don't fit any of the criteria except position.
I also looked on NHL.com at RH centers, currently aged 26 and under, there are literally just 30 of them that have played in the NHL this season and that's not even factoring in the "middle 6 component" also mentioned, and that NHL.com is notoriously slow for changing the positions of players that move from C to wing.

I'm sure literally almost every team in the NHL is looking for this.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I also looked on NHL.com at RH centers, currently aged 26 and under, there are literally just 30 of them that have played NHL this season and that's not even factoring in the "middle 6 component" also mentioned.

I'm sure literally almost every team in the NHL is looking for this.
The vagueness in Conroy's search is the issue for me.

Where is this C supposed to fit?

Kadri
Pospisil
Backlund
Kirkland

Seems like the upgrade would be at the 4c spot just at quick glance there. Which would mean they can slide Kirkland to LW and scratch Lomberg. Otherwise they're just looking for a top 6 C and that's gonna cost a lot and I don't think that is the real intention in his search.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

Kadri
Pospisil
Backlund
Kirkland

Seems like the upgrade would be at the 4c spot just at quick glance there. Which would mean they can slide Kirkland to LW and scratch Lomberg. Otherwise they're just looking for a top 6 C and that's gonna cost a lot and I don't think that is the real intention in his search.

That's the confusing part and Flames fans agree. Seravalli is saying we're inquiring a middle 6 C.

Even if Conroy was earnest in his search for one, there's no way there's serious talks about trading anyone of that calibre right now.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Is Curtis Lazar still playing. Lol. I think Krebs is probably what we end up with. The only way to get a top line centre is to draft one. They are rarely available and when they are they usually have baggage.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
If the Flames start sucking again, I'd throw out an Adam Henrique and draft picks for Rasmus Andersson proposal. When Evander Kane comes back for the playoffs the Oilers will be really deep at LW and could easily shift RNH to replace Henrique as the third line C.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
If the Flames start sucking again, I'd throw out an Adam Henrique and draft picks for Rasmus Andersson proposal. When Evander Kane comes back for the playoffs the Oilers will be really deep at LW and could easily shift RNH to replace Henrique as the third line C.

You are not getting Rasmus Andersson. unless the add is very big, which your team won't want to make.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

Kadri
Pospisil
Backlund
Kirkland

Vagueness? His search is supposedly for a 20-26 year old right handed middle-six center. That is the opposite of vague, it's extremely specific. It returns a list of fewer than 30 NHLers.

Also acquire such a player, it's not going to be cheap unless it's someone approaching bust status like Glass. So this is more likely what Conroy is seeking in return for calls he getting on guys like Kadri, Coleman, Andersson... etc because he is unlikely to be moving high draft picks. And Pospisil can also play both wings.

And why the f*** would we bench Lomberg for Kirkland?

Reactions: Nanuuk

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
How about a Derek Ryan reunion?

To Flames: Derek Ryan, Phil Kemp & 2nd rounder
To Oilers: Rasmus Andersson (25% retained)
dream-big-cyrus.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Nanuuk

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Kadri
Pospisil
Backlund
Kirkland

so heres my question, does pospisil look out of place and/or better suited for the wing? In terms of stat watching it looks like he has started the season off well offensively but i also see he is 43% in terms of faceoffs this year, in fairness last year he was 45% which is better but not by much

thats the only guy i see in your top 9 that the coach would think about putting on the wing imo

maybe the plan is
kadri
center
backlund

just throwing it out there and looking for input

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
so heres my question, does pospisil look out of place and/or better suited for the wing? In terms of stat watching it looks like he has started the season off well offensively but i also see he is 43% in terms of faceoffs this year, in fairness last year he was 45% which is better but not by much

thats the only guy i see in your top 9 that the coach would think about putting on the wing imo

maybe the plan is
kadri
center
backlund

I'm sure a Flames fan will help you out with that question.

As a Pens fan, can I interest you in a heart breaking ballad of the destruction of the Pittsburgh Penguins by Mike Sullivan?

Reactions: TheNewEra

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
That's the confusing part and Flames fans agree. Seravalli is saying we're inquiring a middle 6 C.

Even if Conroy was earnest in his search for one, there's no way there's serious talks about trading anyone of that calibre right now.
With the Flames luck, they'll upgrade on Pospisil and then Huberdeau will immediately go cold for the rest of the season.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

maybe the plan is
kadri
center
backlund

He barely has any C experience. The other issue is that Pospisil has had a few concussions in his career. You have faith in the kid, but I can totally see Conroy wanting contingencies to have someone who can step in, in case Pospisil gets injured.
With the Flames luck, they'll upgrade on Pospisil and then Huberdeau will immediately go cold for the rest of the season.

I really hope not... but yeah. As a Flames fan, I wouldn't bet against it.

I'm happy for Hubey though.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Now, that doesn’t mean using assets to help improve the team would be completely off the table. If it fits the vision. Conroy has said publicly he’d like to add a young (think 25 and under) and NHL ready centre to the group, for instance. And according to Frank Seravalli’s report earlier this week, that search remains active.

But a complete detour from the path the team is on doesn’t seem in the cards, even if Calgary’s strong start turns into a strong season.

If it fits the vision. Conroy has said publicly he’d like to add a young (think 25 and under) and NHL ready centre to the group, for instance.

(think 25 and under)

Basically, Conroy has decided to become Leonardo DiCaprio

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
This makes no sense to me. Obviously Backlund is locked into the middle 6. So that would mean replacing Pospisil, who they're trying to develop and has looked decent the first four games. I guess they could move him back to wing. But I still can't see the Flames making a move.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We should not be speeding up any rebuild with a 24 year old middle 6 center. We should be slowing down the rebuild by trading a 27 year old right handed defenseman who is playing very well. We don't have a future 2 way #1 defenseman. We don't have a future #1 center. Until you have those pieces stay the course. You don't contend without them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad