Seravalli: Flames trying to trade for a center

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Couturier
Copp
Hayes or Glass
Dvorak

Different levels of centers with different values but ones that should be available right now

A few more will probably be available closer to the deadline
if i look at the list above, they should trying to try trying to get paid taking on cap space. like they did for monahan

Reactions: TheNewEra

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hope this has nothing to do with the 4-0 start as the headline says, because it’ll be a long year with a lot of transactions if you base things in such small sample sizes

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
This is probably a nothingburger, but I'd like to see CBJ try and move Merzlikins (0 to 20% retained) and Sillinger to CGY for Coleman, Vladar and a pick/prospect. CBJ could move Vladar as a deadline rental or keep him past the deadline. Either way. Not sure if CGY would offer a pick/prospect that would satisfy CBJ though.

Ledge And Dairy

This is probably a nothingburger, but I'd like to see CBJ try and move Merzlikins (0 to 20% retained) and Sillinger to CGY for Coleman, Vladar and a pick/prospect. CBJ could move Vladar as a deadline rental or keep him past the deadline. Either way. Not sure if CGY would offer a pick/prospect that would satisfy CBJ though.
No way Calgary would ever do that. Calgary is barely above the cap floor so retention on Merz is of almost zero benefit to the Flames. Taking him on requires compensation though and Sillinger is certainly not worth more than Coleman and that cost of compensation.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
As a Habs fan, I am in admiration of that team for doing all it can to finish higher in the standings.

I want my #11-15 OA pick.

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Hmm... Let's say there's truth in that rumor. What if Calgary says they'll take on cap dump type contracts but only for a middle 6 C?

Are there teams that might be desperate for some cap space for a TDL deal with an expiring middle 6 C?

I'm almost thinking Toronto with Tavares, but that makes no sense unless the goalie Treliving can snag is one hell of a big fish and they're also looking to retool their middle 6 for speed or something.

Other than that, probably just due diligence on buried RFA? Trying to get a head start in understanding Florida's situation with Bennett after this season?
Leafs don't need another goalie lol there good with what they have

Reactions: Figgy44

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I guess it depends on which tier and line you're looking for that center to play on.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Seems like Bedard has been underwhelming I doubt Chicago would trade him but I think if scouts were right about him being a tier above McDavid then a change of scenery would do him well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad