GDT: Flames @ Senators | Mad about Mads Edition | Mon Feb 13th 2023, 7:30PM | SN, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Like how does Dorion think Holden can keep up as a regular defenceman on this team.
Ideally, he and Zaitsev are our 7th and 8th D, I'm ok with either of them in those roles if they're paid accordingly.

Early on I thought Sogaard was letting out some rebounds and sliding around in the crease a bit, but I watched him closer in the second and thought he looked great, either he settled down or I just was letting a couple instances colour my impression of his whole period.

I always worry a bit about the five hole for a huge goalie like him, but he's kept us "in" this game.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Greig only one looking good to me so far, but I guess he needs time to adapt to the system...
He's very good, yes. But against a big, physical team like Calgary, he looks weak along the boards and in 1 vs 1 battles. He needs to gain strength.

Embarrassing effort by the team in front of a rookie goaltender. Trade Debrincat for a solid top 4 D. Guy is the least automatic sniper I've ever seen. How many missed empty nets is that on the season?

Reactions: Emrasie and DrEasy

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
He's very good, yes. But against a big, physical team like Calgary, he looks weak along the boards and in 1 vs 1 battles. He needs to gain strength.

Embarrassing effort by the team in front of a rookie goaltender. Trade Debrincat for a solid top 4 D. Guy is the least automatic sniper I've ever seen. How many missed empty nets is that on the season?

It'd be nice, but what playoff bound team willing to pickup Debrincat at the deadline would be willing to get rid of a top 4 D? Nobody is giving that up... we'll be getting picks/prospects

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
See how other teams sacrifice lmao. Man that guy dove head first to stop that from going in

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hmm, if Lucic is going to try and nail Stü, Huberdeau should probably watch himself.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Our Top 6 is pretty tame when it comes to physicality/strength.

It is a big problem.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's so bad. They have to get that sorted out, makes for a bad product.

The sens best chance is their PP and top 6 skilled players. Getting hindered by the garbage ice.

Hasn't hindered Calgary's PP, they've been moving it around quickly. 2 PPG to show for it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What the actual f***. Hamonic is on that guy. Why does Parker Kelly go after him as well. Just f***ing stay with your f***ing man.

The difference on the ice and off the ice is super evident here. Like it’s just pathetic we are f***ing chickens without heads.

Bad is my f***ing ass flames are pinging the puck around like nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad