HF Habs: Flames or Panthers 1st Round Pick 2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I think there’s a real chance Calgary will be a bottom 5 team and be in a great position to win the lottery. That would kick our pick to 2026 and reward us with the best pick of Calgary/Florida.
Calgary is going to be a weak team and Dustin Wolf will have PTSD from all the rubber he's going to see this year.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The only scenario that I understand and I want, it's that if Calgary win 1st overall pick this year, Habs will have their 3rd pick this year ++ the best pick between Calgary and Florida in 2016.

To me, that's the best possible outcome.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The only scenario that I understand and I want, it's that if Calgary win 1st overall pick this year, Habs will have their 3rd pick this year ++ the best pick between Calgary and Florida in 2016.

To me, that's the best possible outcome.

Best outcome is 11th OV in 2025. Florida's pick will not be top 15 next draft or the other after.

Reactions: LaP and waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Best outcome is 11th OV in 2025. Florida's pick will not be top 15 next draft or the other after.
Should we miss the playoffs, that 11th OV from Calgary will be a nice little add to our say 13th overall pick, to move up to the top 5.

Reactions: overlords

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

The key is the Calgary pick in 2026. I'm pretty sure they will be in top 10. The pick isn't protected in 2026.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If Calgary draft top 10 and we get Florida’s pick, what happens if by some magical parralel world Florida are also top 10? Do we get that pick or it’s also protected?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Calgary draft top 10 and we get Florida’s pick, what happens if by some magical parralel world Florida are also top 10? Do we get that pick or it’s also protected?

Not protected. If both are top 10, we get the worst, I believe.

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore
Reactions: Seb

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
The key is the Calgary pick in 2026. I'm pretty sure they will be in top 10. The pick isn't protected in 2026.

For this to happen, Florida's 2025 first round pick should not be owned by Calgary. I don't know what are the conditions on this pick.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
For this to happen, Florida's 2025 first round pick should not be owned by Calgary. I don't know what are the conditions on this pick.

Oh. I didn't knew that. So complicated lol. Kent Hughes is a master mind at this point.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Oh. I didn't knew that. So complicated lol. Kent Hughes is a master mind at this point.

Yeah, so it's not only if Calgary wins the lottery, they have to NOT own the Panthers' 2025 first round pick.

It won't happen. So best outcome is 11th OV next draft.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The way i understand the trade is Florida's 1st round pick doesn't go to Calgary if Florida miss the playoffs. So there's two scenario.

1) Florida misses the playoffs then we get Calgary's pick if it's not 1st overall. If it's first overall then we get the best 1st round pick betwem Calgary and Florida in 2026 unprotected. (very unlikely scenario)
2) Florida makes the playoffs in which case we get the best pick if Calgary draft outside the top 10 and if Calgary draft top 10 then we get Florida's pick. (very likely scenario)

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I believe this pick is likely to be between 11-16. I don't think Calgary makes the playoffs, and I don't think Florida misses them. We should be rooting for Calgary to not completely bottom out, because if they do....we will be getting the Florida pick....which is easily 20+ in my opinion.
We need CGY to finish 11th, Florida with F us over just like the Chiarot pick…

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
The way i understand the trade is Florida's 1st round pick doesn't go to Calgary if Florida miss the playoffs. So there's two scenario.

1) Florida misses the playoffs then we get Calgary's pick if it's not 1st overall. If it's first overall then we get the best 1st round pick betwem Calgary and Florida in 2026 unprotected. (very unlikely scenario)
2) Florida makes the playoffs in which case we get the best pick if Calgary draft outside the top 10 and if Calgary draft top 10 then we get Florida's pick. (very likely scenario)
This is how I understand it too.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I guess I'm the guy who is spearheading the Panthers downfall this season. So be it. I actually think they're one or two injuries away from missing the playoffs.

1) They've lost all their depth in their bottom 6, and D, including Montour who was their 2nd or 3rd best, depending on opinion.

2) They've played more hockey than any other team in the NHL over the last 24 months, that takes a toll.

3) Bobrovski is old AF and has been inconsistent over his career even in his prime years, maybe we get the down year this year.l

4) The classic stanley cup hangover is a real thing and if they get off to a slow start the Atlantic is gonna be even more competitive.

Add all that up and I think they're far from a lock to be some dominant team, as popular as that take might be.

They miss the playoffs and we get that sweet sweet Calgary pick that would make our dreams come true.

Believe people.
I agree but there is also a bunch of team that peak and will start tanking so it will be hard for them to fall too far…

That would be a dream because even if the win the lottery they will be it the race for #1 OA in 2026 where it would be Mckenna…

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
wouldn’t the best outcome be, we pick the best of the two in 2026?
Calgary will be a lottery pick for at least the next two yrs. Fla may miss the playoffs 25/26 in which case they also have a lottery pick. we may get two shots, maybe 3 at Gavin McKenna the phenom from the Yukon.

Gonna dream? Dream big!
Cheers

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Treliving reminds me of an executive at a big corporation.

Leave the corporation in a big mess, get out of that situation, go to the next corporation.... rinse and repeat

Reactions: Kimota and LaP

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
wouldn’t the best outcome be, we pick the best of the two in 2026?
Calgary will be a lottery pick for at least the next two yrs. Fla may miss the playoffs 25/26 in which case they also have a lottery pick. we may get two shots, maybe 3 at Gavin McKenna the phenom from the Yukon.

Gonna dream? Dream big!
Cheers

It would be, but it's basically not possible since it means both the Flames with the lottery and the Panthers don't make the playoffs. The odds are way too low to even think it can happen.

If it does I'll be extremely shocked (and equally happy) .

I like your optimism tho!

Reactions: LaP and BJCOLLINS

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Looking at the CGY, I can't see a scenario where they doesn't end up bottom 5, that lineup is just horrible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad