Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bidding war between flames and knight. Perfect scenario for Sabres

nothing wrong with a bid war. I think it hurts the Sabres to only actually have to teams. Similar to the situation for OEL with him giving him gm only a list of 2 teams, one of them not even a bit interested in OEL (boston)

I think this offer is solid by the Flames.

Reactions: The don godfather

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don’t think he means a veteran player picked in the first round like ten years ago. I would
guess it’s Valimaki.

That future 1st is probably highly dependent on Eichel’s games played and probably top ten protected.

The prospects are probably mid-tier or lower. Some maybe Jeremie Poirier and Rory Kerins?

Tkachuk
Valimaki
Poirier
Kerins
‘23 1st***

***If Eichel plays over 65 games and the pick is later than 10th overall. If Eichel plays fewer than 45 games, the pick becomes a 2nd. If the pick is 10th or higher, it becomes a 2nd***

^ something like that.
Man, just look at our LD depth in the team and system, the last thing we need is Valimaki and Poirier.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I don’t think he means a veteran player picked in the first round like ten years ago. I would
guess it’s Valimaki.

That future 1st is probably highly dependent on Eichel’s games played and probably top ten protected.

The prospects are probably mid-tier or lower. Some maybe Jeremie Poirier and Rory Kerins?

Tkachuk
Valimaki
Poirier
Kerins
‘23 1st***

***If Eichel plays over 65 games and the pick is later than 10th overall. If Eichel plays fewer than 45 games, the pick becomes a 2nd. If the pick is 10th or higher, it becomes a 2nd***

^ something like that.
Number of games played is too easily manipulated by coaching and GM's no?

If I'm a GM and Eichel is on game 44 with a few games left and no chance of playoffs. Then Eichel sits and I keep my first.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Keith would be the primary connection, I would assume

Yeah but Keith isn't going to have any first-hand knowledge of these negotiations. And if Treliving has told Matthew that he's not a part of any proposed deals, if any exist, which he'd have almost no reason to do, there's certainly no reason to believe he's telling Matthew the truth.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
which should also be a relatively easy flip anyway

could always just keep him

in any case this is a great offer, buffalo should have said yes immediately

Could you imagine buff flips tkachuk to the oilers lol. would be funny if it would happen but oilers couldnt afford him unless he took a discount, not only that the deal would have to include one of hyman or nuge.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I had a very reliable source told me he was headed to Vegas, said and done. Close hand-shake agreement and everything. But now it's said that Vegas gave their final offer because they were pretty much fed up, but for all we know Adams might be reviewing ups and downs of the deals. The pressure is pretty much on from Eichel's end.

The only thing that I can see is messing with the Eichel deal is Kevyn Adams is raising the bar gradually. I mean, Calgary is looking to outbid them here with a dumb package like that and that's literally not enough. That's ridiculous, especially considering he needs surgery.

Now personally if I'm trading for Eichel I would need conditional picks. And I understand getting rid of Tkachuk because Buffalo will meet his needs.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I had a very reliable source told me he was headed to Vegas, said and done. Close hand-shake agreement and everything. But now it's said that Vegas gave their final offer because they were pretty much fed up, but for all we know Adams might be reviewing ups and downs of the deals. The pressure is pretty much on from Eichel's end.

The only thing that I can see is messing with the Eichel deal is Kevyn Adams is raising the bar gradually. I mean, Calgary is looking to outbid them here with a dumb package like that and that's literally not enough. That's ridiculous, especially considering he needs surgery.

Now personally if I'm trading for Eichel I would need conditional picks. And I understand getting rid of Tkachuk because Buffalo will meet his needs.

If there is a hand shake agreement with Vegas, what's the reason for delay?

Reactions: DudeWhereIsMakar

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah but Keith isn't going to have any first-hand knowledge of these negotiations. And if Treliving has told Matthew that he's not a part of any proposed deals, if any exist, which he'd have almost no reason to do, there's certainly no reason to believe he's telling Matthew the truth.
If flames have no intention of trading Tkachuk and it leaked that that he is in the deal then it actually makes a lot of sense for Treliving to reach out to Tkachuk to let him know its BS.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Kevyn Adams being an ass.

He's basically saying he wants more for Eichel, which is scummy because Eichel needs surgery.

The only thing I can think of is if Vegas wanted to delay it due to their own injuries, which is kind of dumb if a deal was already worked out. All it does is give time for other teams to outbid them, which it sounds like Calgary did.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not surprising its a Canadian team that is willing to pay the most for Eichel.
Its strange because i don't see Eichel staying beyond his current contract to be in midwestern canada, he would probably leave as a FA to sign with Boston.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Flames probably offering

Tkachuk.
2 of Coronato, Zary, Pelletier,
another 1st rounder,
and probably one of their younger active defencemens.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Flames probably offering

Tkachuk.
2 of Coronato, Zary, Pelletier,
another 1st rounder,
and probably one of their younger active defencemens.
If they could find a way to keep Tkachuk that would be incredible.
Eichel/Tkachuk would make the matchups vs McDavid in the battle for Alberta more entertaining.
Like if they were able to trade some prospects for Strome and then flip Strome + prospects & picks for Eichel.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Keith would be the primary connection, I would assume
Yes, and Matthew would know. If the Sabres are trading for Tkachuk (a pending RFA after this season) they would want to speak with his agent about the likelihood and parameters of a new deal. The last thing the Sabres want to do is get into another ugly stalemate with the main piece they acquire in an Eichel deal.

If Tkachuk is part of the deal, him and his agent know about it -- so does Big Walt.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If they could find a way to keep Tkachuk that would be incredible.
Eichel/Tkachuk would make the matchups vs McDavid in the battle for Alberta more entertaining.
Like if they were able to trade some prospects for Strome and then flip Strome + prospects & picks for Eichel.

Flames offensive group would be very solid.

Gaudreau-Eichel-Tkachuk top line would be incredible. A Team USA line.

Spread out the offense, move Monahan to wing.

Coleman-Eichel-Tkachuk
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Monahan
Mangiapaine-Backlund-Pitlick/Ritchie
Lucic-Dube-Lewis

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
The Flames make way more sense than Vegas since they can actually fit him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad