Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Flames make way more sense than Vegas since they can actually fit him in.

Eichel on Vegas would be their undisputed #1C.

But the Flames should just get this done just for the sake of them not having had a true #1C since Joe Niewendyk.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I dont believe it. Im very confident that the Sabres asked for Tkachuk, but were flat out refused. My bet is that Tkachuk was the roster player asked for and the Flames countered with Monahan.

Reactions: Just Linda

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I dont believe it. Im very confident that the Sabres asked for Tkachuk, but were flat out refused. My bet is that Tkachuk was the roster player asked for and the Flames countered with Monahan.

I bet Monahan is the main piece back to Buffalo.

I can see it being Monahan, Dube, two 1sts, Valimaki that gets it done.

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
If Tkatchuk happens to go the other way, which I doubt very much but I’ll play the game, I don’t see him staying there. Buffalo would end up flipping him for even more assets and if that’s the case, I want the Devils to be all over that.

We have some good looking youngsters that can satisfy Buffalo’s demands. I just want to see Tkatchuk ridding shotgun next to Jack Hughes for the next decade+.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If I'm Buffalo I'm making that trade in a heartbeat. They could probably move Tkachuk for a few firsts, or something similar. They could end up with 3 first rounders, 2 prospects and a former first rounder, whoever that is. That would be quite the haul.

I think you’re overvaluing Tkachuk. Given his impending RFA/UFA status I’d expect best case Buffalo gets something like a 1st + 2nd/3rd.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I bet Monahan is the main piece back to Buffalo.

I can see it being Monahan, Dube, two 1sts, Valimaki that gets it done.
Hopefully not, you're not even giving away any one of your best attacking prospects, and we don't need Valimaki.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Weekes has a history of making things up.

From Burke's book, when asked why he was late to practice, he lied about being robbed at gun point,
lied about being injured, this teammates had enough of him that Messier (then captain) had to force Burke to trade him away.
recently recently he broke that Kaprizov is signing in Russia that Kaprizov denied he ever wanted.

so yeah, I am skeptical that he has a source on this based on his character.
There’s a bit of a difference between telling your coach this and saying so to an an audience of millions.

Other people other than just Weeks said he signed in Russia as well, so that wasn’t just him.

He may be off by a small piece or two, but clearly this is the framework of the trad

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I think you’re overvaluing Tkachuk. Given his impending RFA/UFA status I’d expect best case Buffalo gets something like a 1st + 2nd/3rd.

Anyone acquiring Tkatchuk will have a talk with his agent to see what’s up. There’s not one team that will risk having him sign a one year deal, that would see him hit the market a year later.

That’s the move Lou pulled on Parise and Zach gave everyone in NJ the middle finger for Minnesota. In insight, it’s actually a blessing in disguise but at the time, it was a gut wrenching moment.

Reactions: bleedblue94

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Tkachuk a player who is playing and a main core piece of the flames,for a guy who needs neck surgery and probley not going to play this season,and might not even be the same when he comes back...
Go for it Calgary...Buffalo fans would love this...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I mean, would you accept 1 top player + 3 prospects for your star player?, injured, but star player nevertheless
I wouldn't.

Sabres are looking for multiple quality players for Eichel, not prospects who are ready to play 20??.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
it’s not as crazy as people may think. It would all depend on the 3 prospects. MT doesn’t get you Eichel by himself. We need names. If they’re all mid-grade prospects, the Vegas offer is probably better at this point if it’s Tuch, Krebs, Brisson and a 1st.

we’ll all soon know.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Not a fan of either team but

The Flames aren't that stupid.

As much as I like Eichel, I'm sorry, I wouldn't risk trading for him regardless of what surgery he gets.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
it’s not as crazy as people may think. It would all depend on the 3 prospects. MT doesn’t get you Eichel by himself. We need names. If they’re all mid-grade prospects, the Vegas offer is probably better at this point if it’s Tuch, Krebs, Brisson and a 1st.

we’ll all soon know.

Yeah, I suspect Vegas' offer is still better. Tuch isn't as good as Tkachuk, but he has term.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So Tkachuk, Zadorov, a 1st, and two of Zary, Coronato, Wolf and Pelletier?

I still don't think it is that group of guys. The prospects are conspicuously unnamed and could be literally anyone. The "former first round pick" could be Trevor Lewis for all we know.

Reactions: Traptor

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
If the reported offer is significantly better than anything Vegas offered, wouldn't McPhee know it was a bullshit rumour since the Sabres didn't immediately accept it?
who says its significantly better? But I think everyone would agree it is the best you are ever going to get.

From what I have seen floating out there as Vegas's offers is Krebs, a first, a prospect and some cap dumping. Maybe this is to get Vegas to loosen up on draft picks or a player like Hague. Buffalo wants 4 1sts or equivalent from the offers that are floating out there Vegas is just short. This Calgary offer is definitely 4 firsts in value.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Eichel wasn't worth this before his injury. I've got serious questions about whether he is even worth his contract. Max I'd offer is Tkachuk and a collection of B assets. Meaning not Zary, Wolf, Pelletier, Coronato or any 1sts.

I know that means we don't get him and I'm just fine with that. I don't think he's even as good as Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad