GDT: Flames @ Aves | 2/28/13 | 7 MT | There is gonna be some murda up in here tonight.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I hope they trade Stastny in the next few weeks for a semi decent defenseman. Obviously they won't get one as good as they would have with ROR.

hawk30

Oct 5, 2009
Rochester, NY
I don't see how this could be a good thing for the morale of the rest of the team. The biggest ********* holdout in recent memory just got rewarded for his ******** and is going to be making more money than far better players, guys that have bled for this team, this year, while Comrad was sitting on his ass and showing his character.

I hope he gets a blanket party.
He better be planning on taking the team out for dinner every ****ing road trip for the next 2 years at least.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You will forget when he is our best player for the rest of the season.

Minus his last two games, Duchene's been better this season than O'Reilly was last year. I find it disgraceful that our best centre is gonna be paid $3 M less than the other two next season. Kid deserves more from this organization. Maybe trade ROR for a winger next year.

Getting O'Reilly back doesn't fix the Hunwick issue

Yeah I have no idea how we're gonna afford Hunny's next contract. How can we pay our top pairing dman with this much going to ROR?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
adater ‏@adater

Avs decided to match offer about two hours after consultation with ownership

I don't know what to think about that. Could this be them saying we will pay for our players? I'm so confused.

Mant*

Keep your stick on the ice, Kobasew! You just muffed up a short handed odd man rush.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Announced during the 1st intermission:

Ryan O'Reilly will be playing with the Lake Eerie Monsters for the for seeeable future

member 116861

adater ‏@adater

I don't know what to think about that. Could this be them saying we will pay for our players? I'm so confused.

What?!? Kroenke isn't cheap??!?

:scared:

Mant*

AND, anyone who still says this team is money scraping cheap ********, you no longer have the right to say that.

They did say that they were only hugging the cap floor because they needed to see what the new CBA was going to be. Can't blame them on that, no team got hit harder by the previous lockout than we did. Problem is they just lowered the remaining pool of cash that could have been used to bring in some other proven talent.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
adater ‏@adater

It means that our dumbass mgmt didn't even consider the fact that trading him would be better for our future and just went to beg ownership for $ to re-sign him as soon as the offer sheet was announced.

Ryan O'Reilly will be playing with the Lake Eerie Monsters for the for seeeable future

I hope Pirate outplays the **** out of him.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If they trade Stastny for a d-man, I'll be happy with signing ROR, if not then it was another stupid move. Paying all that money to Stastny and ROR will be the most ridiculous thing this organization can do.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006

If we keep him in the ahl doesn't he get payed at a ahl level? I say keep his ass there till the end of this contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00