Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hopefully FLA can carry this momentum into next season and the fan support continues. Time will tell if it's sustainable
They just made a whole generation of new fans with this win. I watched videos of all the after parties and the cars beeping and banging pots and pans driving back and forth down Las Olas Blvd, it's all young kids/teens/20:s somethings. Plus you have the strong old die hards group still hanging around from the 90's. This hockey market is about to explode.

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
From the north it's not bad, just got some good choke points such as Turnpike/Sawgrass and Sawgrass/Oakland Park.
Prefer Sunrise over anywhere in Miami
Outside of the mad max drivers, the drive is alright

I live up in St Lucie. Straight shot down the turnpike and Sawgrass gets me there in about 80 minutes. But not something I can do weekly. I go about once a month. Usually Saturdays

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I live up in St Lucie. Straight shot down the turnpike and Sawgrass gets me there in about 80 minutes. But not something I can do weekly. I go about once a month. Usually Saturdays

Same here. Especially since I like taking my kids to the games, so it's usually the weekend games for me.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
another case cracked cold
1719405287354.jpeg

lawrence

May 19, 2012
A much better officiated finals than previous years. This is what happens well Kelly Sutherland doesn’t get tasked for the finals

Utterly insane the last 2 times the panthers lost in playoffs were to the hands of the Stanley cup winners. What a run.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A much better officiated finals than previous years. This is what happens well Kelly Sutherland doesn’t get tasked for the finals

Utterly insane the last 2 times the panthers lost in playoffs were to the hands of the Stanley cup winners. What a run.

Minor correction, they lost to Tampa in 2022 but Tampa did not win the cup. If I am understanding what you are saying correctly.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Luostarinen the unsung underrated hero. Guy plays with absolute huge balls out there, shot blocks, hits, grinds every shift, chips in offensively, like Barbashev for Vegas in 2023, Coleman for Tampa in 2021 and 2020, most of the Blues depth in 2019.
he was a huge loss to us when his leg got broken in the last game vs the canes.
Sorely missed vs vegas and it showed (amongst other things)

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Luostarinen the unsung underrated hero. Guy plays with absolute huge balls out there, shot blocks, hits, grinds every shift, chips in offensively, like Barbashev for Vegas in 2023, Coleman for Tampa in 2021 and 2020, most of the Blues depth in 2019.
100%

I’ve always felt you could evaluate the merits of a team’s identity and cohesiveness by the guys playing on the lower lines than the top one.

Lustorainen is a great example, does the little things right and plays all out.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
How did FL lose? lol because of the Conn Smythe? The fans and team give zero shits about that…

I'm annoyed, especially that it was on our ice, and that McDavid couldn't even be bothered to come out and accept his trophy, but they can have it.

The Florida Panthers have never lost a Stanley Cup Finals series when Eetu Luostarinen is an active participant.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Oil have lost to SC Champ THREE seasons in a row, hopefully we can follow in Panthers steps next year and close out a 2nd trip to the finals.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I'm annoyed, especially that it was on our ice, and that McDavid couldn't even be bothered to come out and accept his trophy, but they can have it.

The Florida Panthers have never lost a Stanley Cup Finals series when Eetu Luostarinen is an active participant.

I was surprised he didn't come out for it... but it's kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't. He accepts and everyone is talking about how selfish/individual he is. He doesn't and he's a poor sport.

... the alternate and perhaps actually accurate interpretation is that he was literally the last Oiler off the ice, patting each guy on the back as they left the ice... showing leadership in defeat to his teammates and that's who he wanted to be with as captain. And he only cares about one trophy.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Congrats to the Panthers and their fans. A long time coming for their hard core fans who’ve stuck with the team through the lean years. They’ve played a lot of hockey over the last two years and to fight through it all and show the kind of resiliency they did in the most important moment against a tough opponent, you have to tip your hat to them.

As an Oilers fan, it’s a tough to come that close again and just come up short but I can’t help but be extremely proud of the team and what they accomplished this season and in the fashion they did it. Hopefully the boys get some well deserved rest and the fire burns stronger because they’ll be able to keep the roster intact and run it back next year.

Congrats again Cats fans on an entertaining roller coaster series and a big win.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Congrats to the Panthers and their fans. A long time coming for their hard core fans who’ve stuck with the team through the lean years. They’ve played a lot of hockey over the last two years and to fight through it all and show the kind of resiliency they did in the most important moment against a tough opponent, you have to tip your hat to them.

As an Oilers fan, it’s a tough to come that close again and just come up short but I can’t help but be extremely proud of the team and what they accomplished this season and in the fashion they did it. Hopefully the boys get some well deserved rest and the fire burns stronger because they’ll be able to keep the roster intact and run it back next year.

Congrats again Cats fans on an entertaining roller coaster series and a big win.

Was not expecting this post from a guy with a Frank Costanza avatar. :laugh:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I was surprised he didn't come out for it... but it's kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't. He accepts and everyone is talking about how selfish/individual he is. He doesn't and he's a poor sport.

... the alternate and perhaps actually accurate interpretation is that he was literally the last Oiler off the ice, patting each guy on the back as they left the ice... showing leadership in defeat to his teammates and that's who he wanted to be with as captain. And he only cares about one trophy.
Yeah, that’s a no win situation for McDavid. I don’t blame him for not coming out for it. And, if he did go out and accept it, what’s he to do with it afterwards, dump it in the hallway somewhere before going back into his team’s locker room? He certainly isn’t going to go in there and show the boys his new trophy

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Broken finger and potentially a rib injury? Nothing official about the rib injury out yet though

As per a thread on the Oilers board... Here is the current (confirmed) list, based on the sources we've read. Firm information will come with exit interviews later this week, but for now:

Connor McDavid - Abdominal Surgery (speculated this is to repair a tear that goes all the way back to October/Nov games missed)
Leon Draisaitl - Broken Rib, Broken Finger
Evander Kane - Sports Hernia
Adam Henrique - High Ankle Sprain (weeks ago)

myleafs

May 25, 2021
What, you also think McDavid is Top 3? I'm not the one out to lunch.
Where did I say Mcdavid is Top 3? I think you misunderstood my post though it is Interesting that you deleted the rest of my post ....all I was replying to was to say that whoever says Mcdavid blows Crosby out of the water is incorrect imo. He is pretty awesome and so is Crosby and overall at this point I would probably give the nod to Crosby but Mcdavid is on his way to being one of the best. They are both generational players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad