Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire C Drew Shore from FLA for Corban Knight

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
While this is largely lateral movement in how the players compare to one another skill-wise, I do like the fact that Shore can play right wing.
It's been stated that Florida rarely used him on the RW and in the AHL and in college he was a centre, him being able to play RW is largely unknown.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
While this is largely lateral movement in how the players compare to one another skill-wise, I do like the fact that Shore can play right wing.

Definitely an upgrade for you guys, at least for the foreseeable future, no doubt. Shore never played wing, I don't think. If he did, we'd probably still have him right now because we're very shallow on the wings. Honestly not sure why we didn't try him on the wing, but oh well

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder what the plan is for him though?
Not sure, but he is still not listed on the AHL transaction page as being added to the ADK Flames roster. However they have added his name and number to the stats page. So....... who the **** knows.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Could be a case of them just seeing a player available that they wanted and pulling the trigger. They might not have a definite 'strategy' of where they want him to play the rest of the season, yet.
well the roster spot is open with the demotion of McGrattan. So we are free to call anyone up, but Calgary does not play until Thursday and Adirondack not until Saturday; so there is lots of time to think on the decision. We just will have to wait for reports of him practicing with the team.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
well the roster spot is open with the demotion of McGrattan. So we are free to call anyone up, but Calgary does not play until Thursday and Adirondack not until Saturday; so there is lots of time to think on the decision. We just will have to wait for reports of him practicing with the team.

I'm pretty excited about this move. I know a lot of people have been ****ing on Treliving for his offseason signings, but he was addressing the size issue with Engelland and Bollig, and trying to replace some Cammy scoring with Raymond (who would have thought Gaudreau would be this good at this time and do better than what Cammy would have done). Also, if we have a GM that can trade this well and run away with it, I'm going to be excited with future moves by him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Good points. Its worth considering that once we bring him up, he can't really be sent back down, after playing a game.

I do think at some point this season he is going to be called up. However, I think this is a move that will precede a veteran being moved around the deadline, after which Shore will be called up. That is my guess anyway.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Good points. Its worth considering that once we bring him up, he can't really be sent back down, after playing a game.

I do think at some point this season he is going to be called up. However, I think this is a move that will precede a veteran being moved around the deadline, after which Shore will be called up. That is my guess anyway.

I agree. I think either:

1) Nobody is moved at the TD, and shore plays top 6 in Adirondack

2) If a veteran/player injury, Shore will get the call up for the rest of the year.

Does he have higher upside than Granlund?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I agree. I think either:

1) Nobody is moved at the TD, and shore plays top 6 in Adirondack

2) If a veteran/player injury, Shore will get the call up for the rest of the year.

Does he have higher upside than Granlund?

I honestly haven't ever seen him play or know that much about him. From what I have been told though, yes he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad