Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire C Drew Shore from FLA for Corban Knight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
If he can play right wing it makes sense for the Flames. But this trade still makes zero sense for the Panthers. You would have thought the Oilers would have thrown a 2/3 round pick at the Panthers to get him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Uh, I'm confused. I thought a large reason Knight wasn't signed by Florida was because he was behind Shore on the depth charts. So a little over a year later, Florida trades Shore for Knight to bring him back?

Knight seems like a really good kid, I geniunely wish him the best. But with Arnold and Janko in our system who I think are better, I doubt Knight ever would of really amounted to much for us. I'm pretty happy with this, but I'll wait and see what's coming.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Uh, I'm confused. I thought a large reason Knight wasn't signed by Florida was because he was behind Shore on the depth charts. So a little over a year later, Florida trades Shore for Knight to bring him back?

Knight seems like a really good kid, I geniunely wish him the best. But with Arnold and Janko in our system who I think are better, I doubt Knight ever would of really amounted to much for us. I'm pretty happy with this, but I'll wait and see what's coming.

I thought it was because Knight didn't want t re-sign with Florida, so they dealt him?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Arnold still played. He had an assist, and was a +2.

Or did you mean he got injured DURING the game?

Indeed.

Other way around. Knight wouldn't sign allegedly because of the depth ahead of him forcing the Panthers to move him.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Indeed.

Other way around. Knight wouldn't sign allegedly because of the depth ahead of him forcing the Panthers to move him.

I believe at the time Shore was centering Mueller and Huberdeau going by what somebody said on the trade board. So yeah I can see it at the time.

Plus Bjugstad was a known as a blue chip ahead of him but I don't think Barkov had been drafted yet. I could be wrong.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I slept all evening because of work and I am currently trying to wrap my mind around this trade. I am a big fan of Knight, huge fan. I believe he is NHL ready for a 4th line centre role and he is incredible on faceoffs. However I have always been a fan of Shore too, they are both quite solid two-way players. Shore is a bit younger (about 7 months) and a bit bigger (6'3", 205 compared to 6'2", 195... this is using NHL.com for ht/wt, theahl.com has them 6'3", 190 compared to 6'0", 200... so no idea which is more accurate).

Knight showed more offensive ability in his rookie season with Abbotsford than Shore had in his first 2 pro seasons. However this season Shore has broken out a bit offensively with the Rampage and has 30 points in 35 games in the AHL this year (his previous high was 32 points in 50 games) and Knight's offensive production has declined a bit this year (he has missed some time with a hand injury). Shore is also more of a playmaking centre where Knight is the better goal scorer.

If I put myself into Treliving's shoes I see a player who appears to be little bigger, a little younger, a little better offensively and with more NHL experience. I think this trade is why McGrattan is on waivers and Shore will be recalled tomorrow when Grats is claimed/demoted.

I think Shore is our new #4 centre moving forward.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I read what you guys as saying the same thing. Shore was ahead of Knight on the depth charts in Florida.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I think its because Knight is waiver exempt? So they can shuffle him back and forth?
Knight loses that exemption at the end of the year, so it only helps Florida this season.

Plays RW, as per the Fan 960. So it makes sense if that's the case.
Shore is a centre, not a RW. He has played C in the AHL and NHL, not sure where the fan comes up with these things. For example during the lockout year Shore was 2nd on the Panthers in faceoffs taken, last year he spent less time in the NHL (because of the Gomez signing and Barkov pick) and still took a decent number of draws and this year he has been the #1 centre in San Antonio.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
wow, getting off work late to see this is cool. Shore is good, Knight is very marginal. Shore isn't in the NHL because he's slotted behind Bjugstad, Barkov and $5.5m man Dave Bolland and Derek MacKenzie fills a 4th line/PK role very well. They also have Trocheck coming through and have had to convert Pirri to wing. This is all why Shore is in the AHL right now. I'm excited.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Interesting to note Drew Shore has 8g 12a in 67gp in the NHL and has played the equivalent of two full season in the AHL. Just reading around this morning it seems like he could be a decent piece for us on the bottom six. Hopefully this is the first piece in a series of moves to better our overall team, especially after last nights debacle.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Great trade for the Flames.

Shore will be brought up as soon as McGratton clears waivers, and will get a regular spot in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad