Confirmed Trade: [FLA/VAN] Olli Juolevi for Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mase

Busy being Cupped, thank you very much.
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
will miss lammer. plays good hockey

Lammiko is...from all performance appearances...the most productive NHL player in this transaction. That being said, it's a "meh" transaction, and should be treated as such, imo. He had no place on this team after this year and plenty of better options to replace him. I wish him all the best, and thank him for the 100% effort he gave on every shift, as a Panthers Fan.

Nothing to be overly excited about, nothing but a gamble on both sides(with regards to Juulsen and Juolevi) and a hope, and I hope(from a human POV) that it works out for all parties involved.

Best of luck to all the boys involved. Work hard, stay positive, just remember your getting a chance, no matter what the detractors say, to do what you love to do and get paid to do it, not all of us...regardless of the reasons...can be that fortunate.

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
How do you finish bottom 3 in 2015-2016 and you get nothing from that draft. I don't think i've ever seen anything like this. Jimbo looks like a Boston double agent. :mad:

Hey there is a lot of shitty GM's coming out of that Boston system, Chiarelli hamstrung the oilers with stupid moves and wasted all of Mcdavid's cheap years. Benning has been a catastrophe for Vancouver as well. Don Sweeney takes the cake though passing on Barzal, Chabot, Connor and Boeser, instead he took Debrusk,Zboril and Senyshyen with his three picks in 2015.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
big Juulsen fan, he needs time in the AHL to find his game again after missing so much time to injury but if he's improved his mobility, which was his biggest issue, there's NHL tools there as I love his defensive game at least at the AHL level. He plays physical, blocks shots, good on the PK, has a big shot. Injuries have just impacted his development so badly. Really hope he can find his way back to the NHL in a year or two.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Expectations are off the charts in Canada...

the previous GM overseen the most successful team in franchise history and picked at the end of the first round vs Benning who has overseen the Canucks be one of the worst teams over the period in which he has managed. It’s not a reasonable comparison and shows confirmation bias. To note, it was obvious that Jolevi was the wrong pick at the very moment he was choosen.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
big Juulsen fan, he needs time in the AHL to find his game again after missing so much time to injury but if he's improved his mobility, which was his biggest issue, there's NHL tools there as I love his defensive game at least at the AHL level. He plays physical, blocks shots, good on the PK, has a big shot. Injuries have just impacted his development so badly. Really hope he can find his way back to the NHL in a year or two.
Juulsen is from Abbotsford, BC so he should be comfortable being back in his hometown, playing for the Abbotsford Canucks in the AHL.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
You can look at all of Jim Benning deal throughout his entire tenure to give you a true idea of how terrible he has been.

Or just pick one year……any year and you will see even in a smaller sample size that he is truly awful…..

2016….. let’s just look at the draft….

Will Lockwood - fringe nhl player is all that remains

hmmm let’s say 2020….

trade 2 picks and Tyler Madden for Toffoli…. Great player…. Then lose said player for just over 4 million….

then also lose Stetcher, Tanev Markstrom and a few more

Then trade away more picks to reacquire a top 6 player in Garland…. Great player!! But wait, they gave up a 1st and a 2nd pick but they also took on what many experts believe to be worse contract in the nhl? OEL….

dang

What about 2019?

Holtby? 2 year contract? Sure, BOUGHT out

Virtanen? 2 year contract? sure, BOUGHT out

so we have a guy buying out contract within the same calendar year he signed them? Hmmmm

something seems off….

hmmm last I checked I think Benning in his almost decade as GM had traded 26 draft picks……

this guy, has crippled this franchise for the next 10 years…. No picks… no prospects in the pipeline…. And barely get enough cash to sign his own drafted players….

bonus* couldn’t sign EP long term? Why? No money!!!

I am so done watching this franchise explode and be run by a complete idiot…

FIRE JIM BENNING

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Juolevi, much like Jake Virtanen, is an example of a guy whose natural talent could get him through Junior hockey but his piss poor attitude & lack of any form of drive made them busts.

Amazing how Jimbo could miss those character flaws being the “GM whose known for his drafting abilities” (although he trades more picks away than he gets back in return).

I hear he also has an amazing deal on snake oil…

Reactions: gianni

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
the previous GM overseen the most successful team in franchise history and picked at the end of the first round vs Benning who has overseen the Canucks be one of the worst teams over the period in which he has managed. It’s not a reasonable comparison and shows confirmation bias. To note, it was obvious that Jolevi was the wrong pick at the very moment he was choosen.
Gillis also had the benefit of Burke/Nonis drafting high for many many years stockpiling the cupboards. Gillis also left Benning with some brutal anchor contracts coupled with Aquillini still refusing to realise a rebuild was needed. Not defending Benning, I have wanted him gone for about 3 years now and can't wait for a new GM to be put in place but can't really compare a team that had been slowly built and in a competitive window vs a team thats was clearly at the end of its time but all those great deal contracts with NTC really screwed the team.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
You can look at all of Jim Benning deal throughout his entire tenure to give you a true idea of how terrible he has been.

Or just pick one year……any year and you will see even in a smaller sample size that he is truly awful…..

2016….. let’s just look at the draft….

Will Lockwood - fringe nhl player is all that remains

hmmm let’s say 2020….

trade 2 picks and Tyler Madden for Toffoli…. Great player…. Then lose said player for just over 4 million….

then also lose Stetcher, Tanev Markstrom and a few more

Then trade away more picks to reacquire a top 6 player in Garland…. Great player!! But wait, they gave up a 1st and a 2nd pick but they also took on what many experts believe to be worse contract in the nhl? OEL….

dang

What about 2019?

Holtby? 2 year contract? Sure, BOUGHT out

Virtanen? 2 year contract? sure, BOUGHT out

so we have a guy buying out contract within the same calendar year he signed them? Hmmmm

something seems off….

hmmm last I checked I think Benning in his almost decade as GM had traded 26 draft picks……

this guy, has crippled this franchise for the next 10 years…. No picks… no prospects in the pipeline…. And barely get enough cash to sign his own drafted players….

bonus* couldn’t sign EP long term? Why? No money!!!

I am so done watching this franchise explode and be run by a complete idiot…

FIRE JIM BENNING

I am on the Keep Benning team, but I am an Oiler fan, so I am not sure if my vote counts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad