Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Sam Reinhart re-signs with the Panthers (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
As a Panthers fan who attended an opening season game and have stuck with them. My feelings can be described as “It’s happening....IT’S HAPPENING!!!!”

with a little voice that whispers Vegas draft, Luongo trade 1, trading for Chris Wells, Trocheck was tripped... be wary of a letdown...

But so pumped right now!

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
is he though or did he just walk into a golden situation with a franchise center, winger and defenseman already in place and figuring out the rest is just the easy part
it's the other way around. The easy part is sucking for years and pile up a bunch of high end talent. The hard part is what you do with that after. I mean look at Buffalo, Edmonton & Toronto...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Imagine being so obsessed with a couple random Sabres fans that you had to come back and flaunt that they were wrong.
In their defence it was logical to expect Sam to either go 1 year or the max at 7. 6 years in the nhl already at age 25. Kind of know who he is by now. So logical to think he either gets a long term deal or at least goes to arbitration to hit ufa in 2022.

A bit odd to see him opt for a 3 year deal. After this deal he would have earned over $30 mill in the nhl at 28. So he’s still well covered financially.

Typically, you take the financial security when you can get it or you hit the open market.

Reactions: Laus723

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
No, the moves Zito made last offseason completely changed the culture of the team. The Panthers had been a lazy, underachieving team since 17-18, with some pieces that didn't quite fit. Hornqvist and Gudas were absolutely huge leadership additions, and Zito also brought in a lot of hardworking two-way guys, as well as some hungry players looking to prove themselves like Duclair and Verhaeghe. He's done a lot in one year, it's amazing looking at this roster now as compared to summer of 2020.
Just 17/18?
The team culture, finally having a clear vision, better communicating etc. etc. is massive. I'd also add that Zito shed all the right fat and brought in a lot of cheaper guys/upgrades.
In just a year, he completely transformed our defence - only Weegar and Ekblad were here when he become our GM on September 2. The cheap Weegar contract? Awesome. Picking up Forsling on waivers? Massive win. Moving "one of the 10 worst NHL contracts" in Matheson and getting back Hornqvist with much less term who also helped the team on- and off-ice? Still unbelievable. Five of our top9 forwards are also his additions (basically everyone in the top9 except Barkov, Huby, Tippett and Vatrano). Despite previously having so many bad contracts, the only one left is Bob now.
At some point I expect some blunders will happen, but right now, things look great.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
is he though or did he just walk into a golden situation with a franchise center, winger and defenseman already in place and figuring out the rest is just the easy part
Uhhh, Zito is responsible for Verhaege, Duclair, Bennett, Forsling and Reinhart. Got rid of Matheson and Stralman. Wasn't the one who signed Bobrovsky. He's been awesome. What are you talking about?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Too much for him if I'm being honest. Thought $5 Million was fair for him. But again, the Bennett contract is a solid one so you never know.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Dumping Hornqvist would work but I'm not sure anyone would want him at the full cap hit if he drops off next season. Although looking at it again, Gudas might be enough depending on Tippett and Luostarinen's raises.

Huberdeau and Weegar will be tough but at least the Yandle buyout is at a reasonable level by then.
There’s always going to be a team, cap situation independent, who is willing to trade one year of their cap space in exchange for assets. The price just might be steep, given the cap situation, but most certainly the option will be there.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
upload_2021-8-11_16-45-8.jpeg

-ghoste

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I thought they looking to lock him up long term? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a win for Florida and a nice deal for both sides but considering he’s near UFA and in his prime, wouldn’t a 6-7 years deal have made more sense for both parties?

You get Reinhart for his whole prime years and he get a 6-7 years deal security that sets him up for life. Either way, good deal in terms of AAV

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Great deal for both sides imo. Panthers get a good player at a very reasonable cap hit, and Reinhart gets to hit UFA young enough to get another big contract. Reinhart likely left a little on the table, but taxes are a factor.

Reactions: CanuckCity

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I thought they looking to lock him up long term? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a win for Florida and a nice deal for both sides but considering he’s near UFA and in his prime, wouldn’t a 6-7 years deal have made more sense for both parties?

You get Reinhart for his whole prime years and he get a 6-7 years deal security that sets him up for life. Either way, good deal in terms of AAV
Cap probably goes up in 3 years. I get it from his perspective. He’s going to put numbers up with Barkov.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Good deal for both sides but how is Florida going to keep Barkov after this? They're currently projected to have $14.5 million of cap space in 22-23 to sign Barkov, five other forwards and a defenseman.
Projected cap is 82.5M next year, not 81.5M so 15.5M
Barkov ~10M
Lundell at 3C: 925K
Deni as winger: 925K (replace Vatrano)
Luostar as 4C: 800K (Replace Acciari)
Tippett will be the problem, but hopefully bridge for a 1.5 M

Marchment instead of Dalpe
Verh-Barky-Reino
Huby-Bennett-Duke
Deni-Lundell-Tippett
Marchment-Luo-Hornqvist

Then replace Nuti with a rookie for 900K.

Will be tight but doable. Like Barkov takes the Point deal and it's easier.

Reactions: Mestaruus

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
$6.5 is too much for a 60-70pt guy on pace for 38 goals on one of the worst teams in history?
So maybe he’ll be a 60-70 pt guy but that’s not what he has been. He’s mostly been a 50-55, 20 G guy. This year, he was literally are only legit forward d/t trades and injury besides rookies so was force fed 1c minutes thus the uptick in goals. The other 60+ point year he was riding shotgun with eichel and skinner scoring 40 goals on his line. Not that he’s not good, and that he might be 60+ points for you - but he’s not going to get 1st center minutes on your team likely. He’s more 50-60 points then a 60-70 pt guy

Reactions: flying v 604

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
$6.5 is too much for a 60-70pt guy on pace for 38 goals on one of the worst teams in history?
You take half seasons and a contract year seriously? Everyone said the same thing when Kadri put up some great numbers too in the lockout season.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
So maybe he’ll be a 60-70 pt guy but that’s not what he has been. He’s mostly been a 50-55, 20 G guy. This year, he was literally are only legit forward d/t trades and injury besides rookies so was force fed 1c minutes thus the uptick in goals. The other 60+ point year he was riding shotgun with eichel and skinner scoring 40 goals on his line. Not that he’s not good, and that he might be 60+ points for you - but he’s not going to get 1st center minutes on your team likely. He’s more 50-60 points then a 60-70 pt guy
A sensible post. Thank you.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Florida killing it lately. Seems like so recently people were calling for them to blow it up. Never made sense to me considering they had a young franchise centre, young franchise winger, and a young top pairing defenceman. Glad they have been able to acquire the depth to surround these guys and find a bunch of diamonds in the rough/low cost acquisitions

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I mean he’s going to play with Huberdeau so he’s putting up 50 points minimum lol.

I'll eat my shoe insole if he breaks 40... I like Bennett, but he's not putting up numbers like that suddenly. It's morel ikely he gets pushed down the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad