Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Follow the Money $$$$…

The London Police had all this information 5-1/2 years ago. No charges laid!

Introduce a backhanded shady slush fund 3 plus million payout and 5 days of parliament meeting getting the vocal me too movement stirred up …. Which probably cost an additional 5 -10 million of public $ to have these public inquires.

You don’t spend that kind of $$$ and have all those 2 faced no good politicians on all sides make promises for change with out having a final act in the courtroom !

Where’s the drama
Where’s the suspense in that
Where’s the cliffhanger
Who has the smoking gun

Follow the money 💰!

The correct answer was probably deducted 5-1/2 years ago by the London police investigation then.

Nothing to see here … looked into it …

-3-12 million later
-5-10 public $ money million later
- a lot of people out there want to see millionaire athletes lose everything and get knocked down 10 pegs citing hockey culture and they have it to easy….

Politicians and do goiders getting involved…..
Aaron Rodgers?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
All well and correct, of course, but it also bears mentioning that a conviction of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt doesn’t mean you were guilty. So at some point, we have to decide how much a verdict means re: likelihood of innocence. And even that can vary wildly from case to case.
Why do you have to decide what a verdict means? The verdict means what it says it means and is a decision unto itself. There's no legal ambiguity there. Moral ambiguity is always based on one's own perspective, that's why law ethics and moral ethics are not the same. Otherwise you just end up with no guilt or innocence because it's all down to whatever an individual can rationalize. Given we've had things like holocaust, it stands to reason people can rationalize pretty well anything if theyre insane enough.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007

She stated multiple times that this was consensual and that she was sober. I'm not saying that what these dudes did was right in any way, and as far as I'm concerned, it's pure degeneracy. But that doesn't make it illegal. We are rapidly approaching the edge of a very slippery slope.

Reactions: Macheteops

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Follow the Money $$$$…

Introduce a backhanded shady slush fund 3 plus million payout and 5 days of parliament meeting getting the vocal me too movement stirred up …. Which probably cost an additional 5 -10 million of public $ to have these public inquires.

You don’t spend that kind of $$$ and have all those 2 faced no good politicians on all sides make promises for change with out having a final act in the courtroom !

Where’s the drama
Where’s the cliffhanger
Who has the smoking gun

Follow the money 💰!

The correct answer was probably deducted 5-1/2 years ago by the London police investigation then.

-3-1/2million later ( slush$) hockey Canada
- a lot of people out there want to see millionaire athletes lose everything and get knocked down 10 pegs citing hockey culture and they have it to easy….

Politicians and do gooders getting involved…..
... What comforts me is that it's ALL YOUR TAX MONEY that was used for this.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Follow the Money $$$$…

Where’s the drama
Where’s the cliffhanger
Who has the smoking gun

Follow the money 💰!

-3-1/2million later ( slush$) hockey Canada

Politicians and do gooders getting involved…..
Congratulations on the single most ridiculous analysis so far, which really says something in a thread full of ridiculous takes!

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com

She stated multiple times that this was consensual and that she was sober. I'm not saying that what these dudes did was right in any way, and as far as I'm concerned, it's pure degeneracy. But that doesn't make it illegal. We are rapidly approaching the edge of a very slippery slope.
Pro tip. Don't bring a drunk girl to your hotel for sex, then invite a group of your buddies to participate. Intimidation by a group and being afraid for your safety is a thing. But young men don't see it that way.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Cool take considering this was broken by Canadian Media
no it wasnt. I was in Europe when I first heard about the investigation. a few days later Canadian media picked it up. There are a total of 3 DIFFERENT investigations going on right now. Canadian media is down playing it already

Reactions: dukeofjive

MunKay

Jul 13, 2022
Vancouver, BC
In lots of cases, primarily those that take time and require additional resources, charges are not laid right away. This is because once the information is laid (aka charges), it begins the Jordan clock (See R. v Jordan case law).

Once a charge is laid, trial must happen within 18 months. If police are unable to gather the evidence in time, it is not a good idea to get charges laid right away. In some cases it makes sense if a victim’s safety is in jeopardy, such as domestic violence.

An example of something taking time would be the following:

Police execute a search warrant and electronic devices are seized. Now either the search warrant includes the search of the actual device or a second search warrant must be granted. Now let’s say that part was done. The electronic devices along with the warrant must be sent to the appropriate parties to extract the data. After that, the data must be analyzed. This all takes several months to complete in many cases.

Many people complain why the police aren’t doing anything and/or are slow, but that’s an explanation for everything to ensure things are done properly and lawfully. Should the 18 months elapse and trial does not happen, all charges are dropped.

This is my simple quick explanation.

Source: I am a Canadian Police Officer.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Just read the article

Imagine a girl wants to go home with you but you decided it was cool to call a bunch of buddies to gang bang lol

What's with this fetish for gangbang? lol

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Being told to report and turn yourself in, does that even mean anything? What if they don’t? is there a warrant for their arrest?
February 5th they're doing a press conference and we'll know more. I think that the accused players have to report. Regarding this incident I personally won't believe until they're proven guilty. If they are they should go to jail, but until then they're innocent.
I watched the ESPN documentary "Fantastic lies" about the Duke University lacrosse team and it's very similar to this. The 3 players were proven innocent and the victim admitted to lying also in 2013 the same girl killed her boyfriend and is now in jail. My point is these players from the 2018 team Canada could also be innocent.
I

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Ok, thanks! I was just curious how it works. Not that I want to see these guys evade the law.
Here’s an explanation I gave on the Habs board:

Yeah, when high profile people like an nhl player are charged with a crime they sometimes want to avoid a very publicized arrest because there’s a chance it could bias a jury at trial - bad optics like a player being hauled out of practice in cuffs might make them look guilty to the average person

Edit: I should also add that some of the players might be outside of Canada, so it also avoids having to deal with things like extradition

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Everyone needs to watch the ESPN documentary Fantastic lies about the Duke University lacrosse team in 2006. 3 players were accused of sexual assault and after 8 months of investigation they were proven innocent and the accuser admitted to lying. The same may be true for these players. The documentary Fantastic lies is on Disney plus and I encourage everyone interested in this case to watch it.
People sometimes do lie, and the dishonesty of prosecutors is often consequential. I don't see how this is relevant to what I said, and I also don't see the specific relevance of what happened then to this case. It's different in a whole host of ways, specifically that the factual questions seem unlikely to be even similar.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Cangratulations on the single most ridiculous analysis so far, which really says something in a thread full of ridiculous takes!
Really … This whole story comes to light again after almost 5 years with the accused asking hockey Canada and receiving a settlement from Hickey Canada for 3 and 1/2 million .

She didn’t go back to the police to charge the players criminally/ and she delibertly left the players names out as John does from team Canada.

Hockey Canada stupidly pays this extortion. ( with MIs appropriated funds)

Should have told the girl to go public…. And they would have all kept their executive jobs…

If you don’t think this is about $ and people trying to look like they’re doing the right thing …

Your ridiculous!!!

And probably an outspoken wanna be internet do gooder!

Follow the $$$

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I get that you're trying to be cheeky, but what I'm saying is grounded in truth.

And yes, if both parties are comparably intoxicated and both parties are ostensibly consenting, but both parties are statutorily unable to consent, and we declare that the man alone is a rapist because only men need to secure consent from women and not the other way around, then yes, that man is a significant victim of sexist double standards.

And yes, this double standard is a popular one to this present day, even if criminal laws explicitly encoding them have AFAIK all been removed.
I understand what you are saying and agree that in principle it can be the case. However, let's be fair.

David Pastrnak scores a lot of goals in the NHL.

I dress for one game by some ridiculous freaky odd set of circumstances. Even more freaky, as I'm standing frozen in panic in front of the goal, a shot off Connor McDavid's stick ricochets off my ass and past an unsuspecting and much surprised Igor Shesterkin into the net.

I raise my stick in celebration, disbelief, and awe over the fact that I am now just like David Pastrnak.

Except of course I'm not. And your example, although technically correct, is about a grounded in reality and likelihood as mine.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Pro tip. Don't bring a drunk girl to your hotel for sex, then invite a group of your buddies to participate. Intimidation by a group and being afraid for your safety is a thing. But young men don't see it that way.
Again, I'm not defending the behavior, all I'm arguing is that there is a big difference between immoral and illegal. She gave consent. Several times, and also confirmed she was sober. Should these young men face public scrutiny for a questionable behavior? Perhaps. Should they be facing jail time after doing their due diligence to ensure she was a willing participant? It could be argued that they should not.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Really … This whole story comes to light again after almost 5 years with the accused asking hockey Canada and receiving a settlement from Hickey Canada for 3 and 1/2 million .

Hockey Canada stupidly pays this extortion. ( with MIs appropriated funds)

Should have told the girl to go public…. And they would have all kept their executive jobs…

If you don’t think this is about $ and people trying to look like they’re doing the right thing …

Your ridiculous!!!

And probably an outspoken wanna be internet do gooder!

Follow the $$$
Are you even vaguely familiar with the concept of an investigation or what lol

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
I understand what you are saying and agree that in principle it can be the case. However, let's be fair.

David Pastrnak scores a lot of goals in the NHL.

I dress for one game by some ridiculous freaky odd set of circumstances. Even more freaky, as I'm standing frozen in panic in front of the goal, a shot off Connor McDavid's stick ricochets off my ass and past an unsuspecting and much surprised Igor Shesterkin into the net.

I raise my stick in celebration, disbelief, and awe over the fact that I am now just like David Pastrnak.

Except of course I'm not. And your example, although technically correct, is about a grounded in reality and likelihood as mine.
What an absolutely incoherent metaphor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad