Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
We use regular glasses.

View attachment 809410
I prefer my lasers

giphy.gif

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It would take a lot more for a libel suit than sharing someone else's tweet, I think it's an unnecessary overcorrect but I digress
Normally I would be on your side of the fence, but this is rape allegations and thats just a whole different ball game

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Surprised one of the first names brought up for this incident doesn’t seem to be one of the ones turning themselves in. I’d be pissed if I was him and innocent

Reactions: JKG33

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
They're still innocent until proven guilty.

If this were another "Duke Lacrosse" case, I'd think that over the course of 5 years of investigations it would have become apparent that the female who claims she was assaulted was making it all up. Not saying it 100% didn't happen here, but I'm pretty comfortable betting the house on this not being the same given the amount of attention that's been put on this and the amount of investigation that's been done.
They still have to hold a trial, unless they take a plea. What will definitely happen if those in question are guilty, one or two will cooperate, that I have no doubt.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Just banning any information about players getting indefinite leave of absences just seems bizarre.

Like on the same day that 5 players from the WJC team were told to turn themselves in, 3 players from that team were granted a leave of absence. I don’t think there’s much speculation there to connect the two dots.
4 players.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots nope.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Surprised one of the first names brought up for this incident doesn’t seem to be one of the ones turning themselves in. I’d be pissed if I was him and innocent

idk who you're referring to but 8 were originally accused. Even if they only have enough evidence to charge 5 at this point doesn't mean they are definitely in the clear

Reactions: Gregor Samsa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad