OT: Fitness and Nutrition IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
So eating a ton of bread, pasta and cookies (which was what he said) is good for you?

I'll specify refined sugars if it makes you happier.
You can’t just lump cookies in with bread and pasta. And no one is going to sub in cookies to replace meat in their diet.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
There absolutely is plenty of vegan junk food out there, Oreos, cola, etc... I just don't see this notion that everyone giving up meat would suddenly start stuffing their face with crap as realistic. Most people would just replace the meat with lab grown meat. People aren't going to just start eating cookies and cola for dinner...

Have Oreos changed recipe ? They werent vegan when I was a kid.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You can’t just lump cookies in with bread and pasta. And no one is going to sub in cookies to replace meat in their diet.
Nobody suggested cookies would be the exact food to replace a steak...:facepalm: Pasta or bread (as in sandwiches) are more suitable replacements. Cookies would be consumed as snack replacements of animal product things, like cheese.

Point was more refined carbs will be eaten.

Jesus Christ.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Nobody suggested cookies would be the exact food to replace a steak...:facepalm: Pasta or bread (as in sandwiches) are more suitable replacements. Cookies would be consumed as snack replacements of animal product things, like cheese.

Point was more refined carbs will be eaten.

Jesus Christ.
Your premise that people eating vegan instead of animal foods will somehow negatively impact people’s health, is a false one. End of story.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Dunno why this "debate" is still alive, there is not a single argument you can bring that Will not be refuted by the vegan Guy. Not a single one, none.

You Will be wrong at least 100% of the time

Reactions: philipsson

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Dunno why this "debate" is still alive, there is not a single argument you can bring that Will not be refuted by the vegan Guy. Not a single one, none.

You Will be wrong at least 100% of the time
As tiring as it is, it's pretty funny to see the vegan boy scramble around points. Just curious to see to what extent he will dumb himself down just to defend anything veganism.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
As tiring as it is, it's pretty funny to see the vegan boy scramble around points. Just curious to see to what extent he will dumb himself down just to defend anything veganism.
What valid point are you making? I’ve yet to see one.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Diabetes rates among vegans is lower how the heck would there be an increase with lessened meat consumption? Heart disease and cancer rates would decrease as well. There is no downside other than people getting over it.

I guess they must have, junk food vegans practically live off of them.

OK -- so eating Oreos all of the time will reduce the rate of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What valid point are you making? I’ve yet to see one.
That's because you're not allowing yourself to.
There has been countless good points made by multiple posters here, all you do is argue. You dont discuss anything. You cant even admit how there is a conflict behind the producer of a vegan documentary being one of the biggest investors of vegan protein in North America...No it doesnt mean there is a conspiracy, that's why the word “conflict” was used and not “conspiracy”, but you cant even admit such an obvious point....
So ya, no wonder you've yet to see a valid point when you've put on such blinders.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Kirill Tereshin is a 23-year-old in Russia who has become internet-famous for injecting synthol into his arms.
A Russian bodybuilder with huge arms was beaten by a blogger 3 minutes into his MMA debut

5db027a9cc4a0a4187249832

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
That's because you're not allowing yourself to.
There has been countless good points made by multiple posters here, all you do is argue. You dont discuss anything. You cant even admit how there is a conflict behind the producer of a vegan documentary being one of the biggest investors of vegan protein in North America...No it doesnt mean there is a conspiracy, that's why the word “conflict” was used and not “conspiracy”, but you cant even admit such an obvious point....
So ya, no wonder you've yet to see a valid point when you've put on such blinders.
The irony here is incredibly rich.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
“All the info in Game Changers is invalid because a guy involved in it invested in peas!”

“If everyone gave up meat, we’d have a diabetes epidemic outbreak!”

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
“All the info in Game Changers is invalid because a guy involved in it invested in peas!”

“If everyone gave up meat, we’d have a diabetes epidemic outbreak!”
Just more strawmen BS from you.
Literally nobody said that. If you havent figured that out yet no wonder you're lost.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Just more strawmen BS from you.
Literally nobody said that. If you havent figured that out yet no wonder you're lost.
So you don’t think James Cameron’s pea investment affects the validity of Game Changers, or that diabetes rates would rise if everyone gave up meat. Surrender noted.

The cash is on the dresser, I’ll call you tomorrow.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So you don’t think James Cameron’s pea investment affects the validity of Game Changers, or that diabetes rates would rise if everyone gave up meat. Surrender noted.

The cash is on the dresser, I’ll call you tomorrow.

No I don't as I never said that..but you're having issue with comprehension, maybe you're eating one too many oreos.
I said about 32423 times how I agree with the premise of the movie. I believe you can be strong and vegan. Repeated this often because I know you have a tough time following and would just get defensive.
I brought up Cameron to expose your double standard and hypocrisy as you're the first one to bring up conflict in anything meat supported. I didn't bring it up because it challenged the validity of the premise. But as predicted, you cannot be objective here. You take things too personal and consider them as attacks on anything vegan.

And no, I didn't say diabetes rates would rise, I said that I ''suspect'' the same diseases we see today would likely persist because the problem today is malnutrition, not meat consumption. Also said I could also see diabetes, or the formation of new issues, rise as the every day joe schmoe moves from animal-based food to more processed carbs.
That is also factoring social-demographics.

But no bubbah...you right...I think euhh..duhh...people will have oreos for dinner instead of a steak..ya ya duhhh...:facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: philipsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad