Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
For me the team had 4 main needs.
  • Goaltender upgrade.
  • Find a good LHD.
  • Bottom 6 winger.
  • Top 6 scoring winger.
Results

• PLD Trade for Kuemper. B grade. Maybe we get that with Keumper. We were able to get under for PLD and gain some cap space.
  • Burroughs for Grundstrom. C grade. Really a lateral move for a better bottom end D-man in exchange for a guy that isn't in your future. Good asset management Rob.
  • Picks for Jeannot. C- grade. Beefs up the bottom line. A little bit of snarl and enforcement. The 2nd round pick is what drops the grade some.
  • Warren Foegle signing. B grade. I'm really ok with this signing as a 3rd line winger. Doesn't suck, isn't great. 28 years old.
  • Copley Signing. C grade. AHL veteran. If healthy good, if not DFA.
  • Trevor Lewis Signing. B grade if he going to be the 13th forward. D grade is he is in the lineup baring injury. I think he will be in the lineup.
  • Joel Edmundson Signing. D- grade. Don't get it. Don't know what he supposed to bring above Moverare, Englund or Burroughs. 31 years old. Paid too much and for too long. Shit I'd of not made the Jeannot trade, Foegele signing and Edmondson signing and gone all in for Brady Skjei.
Total grade: D+/C-. Just don't see how the team is better. Bigger? yes!, more skilled? no. AND still can't put a f***ing puck in the net. Maybe there is another move where we give up 1st round picks and trade Spence or Clarke? Who knows. Until that happens.....Kiss my fat ass Rob!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
i'm happy for lizotte though, undrafted undersized but works hard as f***

glad he made a career for himself, also glad it's not with the kings any more
Yep. Good on him for carving out a career. I know I'm one of the guys that dumps on him a lot, but it was never because of his effort level but rather my belief that this team couldn't win with him at 3C or whatever.

But shit...this team isn't serious about winning anyways so might as well have brought him back on only a $175k raise per season in a rising cap environment. Steal by the Penguins or Rob was overpaying him previously.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
IMG_5692.gif

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
TBH, Lizotte to the Penguins makes perfect sense and he feels like a Pittsburgh kind of player :P

I am convinced at this point that our team is ran like if I couple of fans somehow infiltrated the Kings front office and took over as President and GM. Every trade/signing as Google search mentality to it without any actual experience or first hand knowledge of the players being discussed. Like they looked up Edmundson's TSN profile biography and just thought "big shutdown defenseman" and thought "oooo, that sounds good!" without ever having to see him play or review any other pieces of information.

It is like trading for PLD and expecting him to play any different than he had in any of the years prior and being surprised when he actually takes the ice.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
LA going to get rolled this year.
Yes they will. They shouldve gutted these clowns over the offseason. Now they are going to screw up another important phase that could right the ship which is the 24/25 trade deadline. So there is more damage in store until they push these incompetent fakers out of the org. The fact they're still here points to severe incompetence inside AEG.

Jun 30, 2006
For me the team had 4 main needs.
  • Goaltender upgrade.
  • Find a good LHD.
  • Bottom 6 winger.
  • Top 6 scoring winger.
Results

• PLD Trade for Kuemper. B grade. Maybe we get that with Keumper. We were able to get under for PLD and gain some cap space.
  • Burroughs for Grundstrom. C grade. Really a lateral move for a better bottom end D-man in exchange for a guy that isn't in your future. Good asset management Rob.
  • Picks for Jeannot. C- grade. Beefs up the bottom line. A little bit of snarl and enforcement. The 2nd round pick is what drops the grade some.
  • Warren Foegle signing. B grade. I'm really ok with this signing as a 3rd line winger. Doesn't suck, isn't great. 28 years old.
  • Copley Signing. C grade. AHL veteran. If healthy good, if not DFA.
  • Trevor Lewis Signing. B grade if he going to be the 13th forward. D grade is he is in the lineup baring injury. I think he will be in the lineup.
  • Joel Edmundson Signing. D- grade. Don't get it. Don't know what he supposed to bring above Moverare, Englund or Burroughs. 31 years old. Paid too much and for too long. Shit I'd of not made the Jeannot trade, Foegele signing and Edmondson signing and gone all in for Brady Skjei.
Total grade: D+/C-. Just don't see how the team is better. Bigger? yes!, more skilled? no. AND still can't put a f***ing puck in the net. Maybe there is another move where we give up 1st round picks and trade Spence or Clarke? Who knows. Until that happens.....Kiss my fat ass Rob!
I don’t know what people were expecting when Kopitar and Doughty are the highest paid players on the team. Resigning Kopitar at 7 million for 2-3 seasons was going to hamper this franchise’s ability to sign any top six guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad