Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
My biggest issue(among many) with the Edmundson signing is that it takes us out of potentially being able to acquire Pinto or Necas. By adding Foegle/Edmundson the Kings have basically locked in the roster, leaving only minor acquisitions left on the table.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So here's what they look like as of this moment (assuming the RFAs are locked up):

Foegele-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Byfield-Fiala
Jeannot-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence

Kuemper-Rittich

Spares: Fagemo, Englund, Burroughs

At best, that team can get to the playoffs, but looks like first round fodder yet again.

They need to add a right-handed threat in the top six and will have to go the trade route to find one.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
So funny that Blake gets to be on both ends of the pendulum.
When he first started we needed to get faster, more skilled, at the expense of size and grit. And now here we are, 7 years later and now we need to get bigger and tougher, at the expense of speed and skill. Just shows again how little vision this regime has had.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
At this point I'm hoping Phil sells the team to someone who gives a f***. Maybe New ownership will see what the f*** Bluc is doing to their franchise. Lol.
Be careful with that shit. Sometimes you end up with an owner that thinks he’s GM.

When we first started we needed to get faster, more skilled, at the expense of size and grit. And now here we are, 7 years later and now we need to get bigger and tougher, at the expense of speed and skill. Just shows again how little vision this regime has had.
Except we don’t have any f***ing skill either.

• Haha
Reactions: ru4reals

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Who is going to score goals?

Kings essentially lose Vilardi, Iaffalo, PLD, Arvidsson and Lizotte's goals and replace with....Foegel, Thomas and Turcotte?

I hope they still make a run for Tarasenko.
Who are the bread and circuses for if not for you?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So here's what they look like as of this moment (assuming the RFAs are locked up):

Foegele-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Byfield-Fiala
Jeannot-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence

Kuemper-Rittich

Spares: Fagemo, Englund, Burroughs

At best, that team can get to the playoffs, but looks like first round fodder yet again.

They need to add a right-handed threat in the top six and will have to go the trade route to find one.
Iafallo - Kopitar - Kempe
Athanasiou - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Brown
Lemieux - Lizotte - Kaliyev
*Kupari, Grundstrom

Anderson - Doughty
Maatta - Spence
Edler - Durzi
*Stetcher

I'm going to cry.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
My biggest issue(among many) with the Edmundson signing is that it takes us out of potentially being able to acquire Pinto or Necas. By adding Foegle/Edmundson the Kings have basically locked in the roster, leaving only minor acquisitions left on the table.

Curious what you think the price of acquiring either is, then signing them long term....

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
When he first started we needed to get faster, more skilled, at the expense of size and grit. And now here we are, 7 years later and now we need to get bigger and tougher, at the expense of speed and skill. Just shows again how little vision this regime has had.
Can u imagine Blake hydroplaning down the 405, over correct, roll the car a dozen times.. needlessly

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
8 x 8.5 million and we can probably acquire them for something based around a 2nd, Iafallo and Vilardi.

That might be enough for Pinto, Necas is a 1st, no cap dump, and more upside than Vilardi,

Necas is 25 years old and a true top six winger, he's probably worth the 8 x 8.5, but that's just as risky as bringing in PLD, who had similar stats....etc, if I'm Blake, I'm, not bringing in a 25 year old wing at a high price...then signing him to 8 x 8.5 based on what Necas has done.....

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Didnt blake have a recent quote about the team having to get uncomfortable? Its going to be pretty f***en uncomfortable watching Edmundson try an defend against McDavid.

Seriously though, I'll give the new guys a chance, we might just have to thug things up instead of score goals.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Dont' worry, we aren't done yet

patiently awaiting the Clarke, Kaliyev, and 2025 1st for William Nylander deal
Money in money out at this point. Got to send a cap dump back like Doughty.

PL: He's a wing. Run the give & go with Byfield in neutral zone & have him use his size to crash the net. 55 moving to center anyways. Maybe 8 million would be better down the middle, but Blake didn't do his due diligence.

Instead he was dumped for a $5.25 million goalie that lost his starting position.

The cap savings was spent on Blake's idea of upgrades. The situation was actually made worse.

The way through this without a full rebuild was to grab another name or two before the wheels fell off. Bringing in a center 2C before Kopi ages out. You have to keep perception up to get players to sign. Now, the team looks like a joke because of how the PL situation was handled. This is the same as Kovalchuck. No longer a one off. Capped out with grinders & toughness.

Getting the PP working was the easiest path to the playoffs & keeping up appearances of being a winner & fun place to play. Clarke, Fiala, Kempe, didn't need that much more.

Now Blake is all in on toughness, rookie head coach &, ironically, the kids bailing him out.

It will be fun to see someone rough up the other Pacific teams at least.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Who is going to score goals?

Kings essentially lose Vilardi, Iaffalo, PLD, Arvidsson and Lizotte's goals and replace with....Foegel, Thomas and Turcotte?

I hope they still make a run for Tarasenko.
even if they do, the forward group would still almost entirely be left shots

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Maybe PLD wasn’t the problem.

Probably rolled into LA and met with Luc and Blake and heard their plan and thought how the F do I get out of this mess

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
got the action version too, doesn't quite have the same je ne sais quoi though

Oq8ChT1.png

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Start of REGULAR season

Foegle - QB - Fiala

Kempe - Kopitar - Laferriere

Turcotte - PD - Moore

Jeannot - Akil- Lewis

Fagemo - Kaliyev

MA - DD

Gav - Spence

Edmund - Clarke

Englund

Darcy - Dickittich
QB isn't a first line center, he is more of a 3rd line center with the talent of being a 2nd line center.

The only players left that would make me feel better about today are:

Adam Henrique
Vladimir Tarasenko
Kyle Clifford
Matt Martin

That's it.
Clifford is the last player on that list Blake should sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad