Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
One of Burroughs or Englund will be in Ontario, so there’s 1 and a bit million more cap to play with. QBs deal, if long term, will potentially make it tight.

Maatta was ok, good in his final year.
Who would have seen the day coming we miss Olli Maata and Sean Durzi as a reality.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Just more fuel on the fire that there is no plan and there hasn't been one.

Complete hard turn the opposite way from his soft-as-baby-shit roster. Now he has one that isn't skilled enough for the toughness to matter, although it still might be better for the young players to play on a team that sticks up for one another.

I know they weren't bringing him back and you can't count on him to be healthy, but losing RV and replacing him with Foegele is a downgrade.

I legit thought Edmundson was out of the league. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the terms of the deal on X. Seriously, who is Blake negotiating against and why is it 100% some other horribly managed franchise?

It very much feels like the end of DT's time with where this roster is headed for a finish, i.e. see you at the draft for pick #11 unless it is traded at the deadline in a last gasp to make the playoffs.
Since Jeff Solomon left this franchise has been white dog shit at negotiating.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Putting the contracts and money aside. I think we'll be harder to play against but we have not fixed another problem...special teams, expecially the PP. If we had signed Tarasenko\Skinner instead of Edmundson this lineup might of been easier to swallow. Edmundson is a trade deadline type of player not one you lock into for 4 years.

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
The only players left that would make me feel better about today are:

Adam Henrique
Vladimir Tarasenko
Kyle Clifford
Matt Martin

That's it.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Kopitar or Kempe go down early for the season and we are in last place in division in December!

So at the trade deadline

Danault for a 1st
Gavrikov for a 1st
Doughty to Toronto for 2025 first, 2026 first, and a 2026 2nd we retain 4 million.
-Leafs win the cup which triggers the 2026 1st

Blake is gone in February and Yanneti is named interim GM.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Getting rid of the easily injured midgets is a good thing. That cost just under $6M. And Roy wasn’t a needle mover for what Blake paid and played him, nevermind what he got from the Caps.

But as usual, he’s trying to hedge his bets while making up for historical losses and servicing existing debt. It’s a shame that passing a high school calculus class isn’t a requirement for an NHL GM job.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
You guys ever experience those summers where Dave Taylor acquired the likes of Erik Rasmussen and Trent Klatt and passed them off as top six forwards?
No offense to Warren, but seeing him penciled in for top line duty immediately made me think of Klatt.

Today's actions makes it seem like he is trolling and is still mad that he was booed when he went to Colorado. I expected an overpay for Dillon but I didn't even think Edmundson was an option, never mind being a 4 x $3.8MM option.

The day when Hiller was brought back and we knew Blake was staying was the low point, or so I thought. Blake's like, how about I make it so the PLD fiasco actually lasts for four more years by signing this deal.

Oh yes, that same offseason they signed Steve Heinze to replace Luc Robitaille's offense. This team has a great history of not addressing their actual needs.

Luckily for Rob Blake, he isn't the worst GM in LA named Rob.
Even the other Rob has an asterisk championship.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
No offense to Warren, but seeing him penciled in for top line duty immediately made me think of Klatt.

Today's actions makes it seem like he is trolling and is still mad that he was booed when he went to Colorado. I expected an overpay for Dillon but I didn't even think Edmundson was an option, never mind being a 4 x $3.8MM option.

The day when Hiller was brought back and we knew Blake was staying was the low point, or so I thought. Blake's like, how about I make it so the PLD fiasco actually lasts for four more years by signing this deal.

Even the other Rob has an asterisk championship.
Summer of 2024, The Brandy and Stacia Eras Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad