Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
My 'I have no reason or knowledge-base to make it' prediction is that Kaliev + Spence get moved for a forward (Konecny?).

I just don't see Doughty/Clarke/Spence being the right side of the D. Doughty and Clarke aren't going anywhere, so Spence is odd man out.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Details absolutely matter, what signing out there would you rather have, there's one that I see, Buffalo, Lafferty, 2 years, that would have been better than Foegle,

For D, Forbort, maybe for a year in Vancouver? other than that, there was a crap ton of overpayment,

And this is just under the assumption that every FA wanted to come here, we turned them down.....
The Kings overpaid too. They didn't have to sign any of those guys today to field a team. The first year with a noticeable cap increase was obviously going to drive prices up.

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
Did we re-sign Trevor Lewis and I haven't seen it? Why does he keep getting mentioned in next year's team?

EDIT: Nvm - I see it now...

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I surprised at the loyalty signings of Lewis and Copley. I thought Copley was done for after he tore his ACL. There really isn't a reason to bring him back, not sure what they're thinking here.

Lewis I suspected in the back of my mind as almost a favor to get him to 1000 games played, and he just has that ironclad connection to the Stanley Cup teams and everyone internally. He was decent defensively, but just noticeably too slow and not potent at all offensively. There was no reason to bring him back as well outside of sentimentality.

Not an inspiring day. That Edmundson deal is going to stink a bit and I don't think he lives up to it. I like the idea of him when he is 100% and healthy, but not at that number and term.

I am okayish on Foegele and I don't think he is bad, but now we have a lot of spare parts and are setting up not to play the kids again. I have no expectation he will come close to his Edmonton numbers here, and he may prove a good complimentary piece but this roster looks ridiculous as a whole.

Blake never disappoints to disappoint.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Just more fuel on the fire that there is no plan and there hasn't been one.

Complete hard turn the opposite way from his soft-as-baby-shit roster. Now he has one that isn't skilled enough for the toughness to matter, although it still might be better for the young players to play on a team that sticks up for one another.

I know they weren't bringing him back and you can't count on him to be healthy, but losing RV and replacing him with Foegele is a downgrade.

I legit thought Edmundson was out of the league. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the terms of the deal on X. Seriously, who is Blake negotiating against and why is it 100% some other horribly managed franchise?

It very much feels like the end of DT's time with where this roster is headed for a finish, i.e. see you at the draft for pick #11 unless it is traded at the deadline in a last gasp to make the playoffs.

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
So,

Fiala, Kopi, Kempe, Laf, QB*, Moore, Foegele, Danault, Jeannot, Fagemo, Thomas, Turc and Lewis is 13F

Mikey, Drew, Gav, Spence*, Edmundson, Clarke, England, Burroughs is 8D

Plus Kuemper, Rittich and penalties totals $78,878,333 leaving $9,121,667 for QB, Spence and operating room.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

100%, 4 years at 3.8 million is not a bad contract though.....
For a player that's missed 29, 21 and 58 games the last 3 seasons with ailments including a back injury? Yeah, it's a shitty contract! It's a pretty decent payday for said player and his agent. The fact said player is a SAH defensive player that hasn't been sound defensively in the last 3 seasons is mind boggling why any team would target as their #1 D replacement. This is a horrible signing. Not a GD thing was learned by this front office over the PLD debacle.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Start of REGULAR season

Foegle - QB - Fiala

Kempe - Kopitar - Laferriere

Turcotte - PD - Moore

Jeannot - Akil- Lewis

Fagemo - Kaliyev

MA - DD

Gav - Spence

Edmund - Clarke

Englund

Darcy - Dickittich

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Rob Blake can’t quit his habit for acquiring stiffs on D. Maata, Edler, Gavrikov, and now Edmunson. Just a brutal track record. Maata might be the best of the bunch if you think taking Edmonton to seven games worth anything.

Reactions: tigermask48

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
So,

Fiala, Kopi, Kempe, Laf, QB*, Moore, Foegele, Danault, Jeannot, Fagemo, Thomas, Turc and Lewis is 13F

Mikey, Drew, Gav, Spence*, Edmundson, Clarke, England, Burroughs is 8D

Plus Kuemper, Rittich and penalties totals $78,878,333 leaving $9,121,667 for QB, Spence and operating room.
One of Burroughs or Englund will be in Ontario, so there’s 1 and a bit million more cap to play with. QBs deal, if long term, will potentially make it tight.

Rob Blake can’t quit his habit for acquiring stiffs on D. Maata, Edler, Gavrikov, and now Edmunson. Just a brutal track record. Maata might be the best of the bunch if you think taking Edmonton to seven games worth anything.
Maatta was ok, good in his final year.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
My 'I have no reason or knowledge-base to make it' prediction is that Kaliev + Spence get moved for a forward (Konecny?).

I just don't see Doughty/Clarke/Spence being the right side of the D. Doughty and Clarke I 767g66juk99jj98 I Bjorkstrand Igoing anywhere, so Spence is odd man out.

Kaliyev+Spence+pick for Necas is what will happen.

4 years 3.8M for a barely NHL888888 caliber player with bac8k issues is a bad contract.

He's not an upgrade over Englund or Burroughs.

The only hope is he gets hurt and goes on LTIR like Shea Weber.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
One of Burroughs or Englund will be in Ontario, so there’s 1 and a bit million more cap to play with. QBs deal, if long term, will potentially make it tight.

Maatta was ok, good in his final year.
Come on. You know Clarke is the most likely to be in the AHL versus Englund and Burroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad