Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Man. Laf in the first is scary. I thought that he would progress this year and Inwas comfortable with him taking a third line role with Phil and Moore. A nice cannonball style player that shots right. He seems like a smart kid with some energy and a bit of snarl. If he could talk out as an elite third line player with solid defense that chips and goals, I would be more than happy.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
I just threw out Laffy on the top line because Hovan also mentioned that.

Either way, Kings need 3 more wingers. They have four pairs and one extra forward (Laffy).
Rather see Turcotte tried there to start, he's Al with more skill , have laffy with Danault to start. It all depends on who they bring in of course

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Disagree with Euro coming over to early issue, if you listen to Yanetti talk, it's all individualized, and it's all about if the player is ready, he talked about guys coming over, guys leaving school, saying the team doesn't have much input on either if that's what the player really wants to do, all the team can do is support them etc....
Yes and no because they don’t need to sign them to ELC’s. That’s going to heavily influence their decision making. So if the come over into junior hockey then absolutely (Dvorak being an example). However coming straight over into the AHL like Bjornot (which he said himself they probably hot wrong) and Kupari is different. Its highly unlikely they come over on an AHL only deal.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Sign Martinez too and we’ll almost be back to having the same team we had when Blake took over. Bring the pointless tenure full circle.
OMG.

I just realized something...

ROB BLAKE IS BRINGING BACK EVERYONE WHO HAD A POINT ON THE STANLEY CUP WINNER IN 2014

Welcome back KYLE CLIFFORD, TYLER TOFFOLI, AND ALEC MARTINEZ

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: YP44

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
If they sign Toffoli, Blake better not give him a NTC. The next GM will need to trade him in 1-2 years when this teams inevitably fails to make the playoffs and Blake is fired.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Or you move Fiala to RW, Domi to 3C and Byfield as the LW on that line.

Lee isn’t ready.

Kempe-Kopitar-Toffoli
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Byfield-Domi-Turcotte
XXX-Thomas-Laferriere
Lewis
Why sign Domi to block Byfield from playing center (again)?? Also word is that Domi is looking for a 4x$4m contract - I'd be very hesitant to sign him to that deal.

To me, if you sign Domi, you're signing him under the assumption that he'll be playing wing. Personally, I'd want to see something like this with that forward group.
Toffoli - Kopitar - Kempe
Domi - Byfield - Fiala
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Turcotte - Thomas - XXXXX

Or swap Fiala and Toffoli
Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Domi - Byfield - Toffoli

ORRRRRRR (galaxy brain activated) you do this
Domi - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Toffoli (let's gooooooo)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaper45

doug93003

Apr 27, 2024
It will become clear in the next year or two that instead of making trades the Kings should have fired Rob and Luc and blown the whole thing up now and up to the trade deadline to shed assets and salaries. Kopi and Doughty will bring back a lot, especially towards the trade deadline. They need a GM that knows what a winning roster looks like. It's not just the players, but how they fit together and fit the system. I think it's clear this roster wasn't built that way and Blake has no idea what a winning system looks like. This roster is so soft defensively, full of forwards that can't back check or even play in the neutral zone. Every lost face-off is followed by the other team moving through the neutral zone with speed. Being good enough to squeak into the playoffs every year or so guarantees that your team will only ever be good enough to squeak into the playoffs every year or so. Dark days ahead.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Crap development of said picks.

Edit: Also the discussion that Yannetti didn’t want Turcotte.

Some do want Yannetti gone. Personally I think he’s fine but development and deployment are the bigger issue. Also euro guys like Bjornfot coming over too early. The mistakes post draft aren’t on Yannetti.
I think there are bad picks too.

The development is good, but we can't act like every pick was great and the Kings ruined all of them.

Every pick is great on draft day as long as it isn't a reach based on projected draft order.

Reactions: Herby

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think there are bad picks too.

The development is good, but we can't act like every pick was great and the Kings ruined all of them.

Every pick is great on draft day as long as it isn't a reach based on projected draft order.
Sure there are bad picks. But we're talking about overall body of work. We don't talk about firing Yannetti because as a whole, he's a net positive.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Sure there are bad picks. But we're talking about overall body of work. We don't talk about firing Yannetti because as a whole, he's a net positive.
Seems like a nice spot to be in where you get credit for good picks and then someone else gets blamed for when they don't turn out.

Was Al Murray making picks for Taylor or were those DT's calls? Everyone wanted Murray gone: now he's thought of as a stud.

What makes Yannetti immune from most criticism? Because he was involved in the Cups and he gives media availability?

Reactions: Herby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad