Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Defending neither, just pointing out that the grass is not greener in some other cities that other posters have alluded to. My description of the team being middling after tremendous success is somewhere in this thread.

This is where we are at and some posters wish to replace both. Fine by me but many of the choices provided are nothing to crow about.

That other teams have varying success in their rebuilds is not much of an argument to keep a plainly failing HC.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is the same front office that fired Coach Q, the second winningest coach in NHL history and a 3-time Cup winner in a 6-year period for the Blackhawks in favor of Stan Bowman, a fraud that has ruined our talent pool and miserably mismanaged our cap for 10 years going.

What's Q been up to since? He's turned the Panthers into a perennial playoff contender and one of the top teams in the NHL.

Firing Colliton isn't enough. The bleeding won't stop until we fire Scotty Bowman's boy. The apple fell really far from the tree. Really f**king far.
Q ain't no dummy. He took his time and jumped at the opportunity to coach a solid team (again). This time in Florida.
His time was up in Chicago but Stan really f***ed up by hiring JC. Doesn't seem to matter how much damage he does to this org. He's a joke of a GM yet he is still here.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
He jumped to a team that missed the playoffs, they weren't that solid. They've become one of the best teams in the league.

LOL. Give Q a little credit there eh? He knew what Florida had to build around and on. He didn't pick Florida by accident or because he thought they were going to be rebuilding.

Having lived in Florida and been to mostly Panthers games as a kid I still follow them. They were an up and coming team by pretty much every measure.

Q picked his spot and it's worked out for both parties.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet

UncleElroy

Can Stan
Jun 22, 2021
nobody can seem to give Q the credit of consistently being top tier head coach. The problem was the roster not the coach.
This is my conspiracy theory. Stan was afraid Q was gonna break his daddy’s record if he stayed with the hawks so he canned him first chance he got

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
nobody can seem to give Q the credit of consistently being top tier head coach. The problem was the roster not the coach.
It was both.
Stan, Q and even McD should have all been gone at the same time. By retaining Stan the situation only got worse when he hired an experienced unknown as the new HC.
Amazingly, the dysfunction that was apparent throughout the org when Q was here continues today.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Come on. Everyone who follows the game knew that Florida was an up-and-coming team.
How were they up and coming? Their main stars were already well established (Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad). What young players made huge jumps that propelled them to be a great team?

But I'm talking to a wall. You'll never give him any credit for anything.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
LOL. Give Q a little credit there eh? He knew what Florida had to build around and on. He didn't pick Florida by accident or because he thought they were going to be rebuilding.

Having lived in Florida and been to mostly Panthers games as a kid I still follow them. They were an up and coming team by pretty much every measure.

Q picked his spot and it's worked out for both parties.
What players weren't established before he got there? Barkov, Huberdeau were both 90pt players the year prior. Their problem was they didn't have structure, or a good coach. Funny, once a good coach goes into there, all of the sudden they start making the playoffs every year.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
How were they up and coming? Their main stars were already well established (Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad). What young players made huge jumps that propelled them to be a great team?

This is just an aside but whenever I watch the Panthers play against the Hawks, that Verhaege (spelling?) kid really impresses me.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This is just an aside but whenever I watch the Panthers play against the Hawks, that Verhaege (spelling?) kid really impresses me.
Absolutely. The Panthers didn't even have him until last year, though. Jon Cooper didn't really want anything to do with him in Tampa, he found a nice home in Florida, along with Forsling, Duclair, and now Sam Bennett. All those guys didn't look great elsewhere, but are thriving under Q.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017

I never said that he wasn’t! He’s a HOF coach and the closest to a modern Scotty Bowman that there is

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

OK, OK.... once again your love for Q is obvious. The mere mention of his name does it every time.

But this thread is about our lame-duck GM who has brought this franchise to its knees. He's gotta go now along with the equally lame HC he hired. Promote him or both if that is what it takes but remaining status quo is not an option. The fans at the UC, die-hards, casual or otherwise made it clear that they agree.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Going from runs of 3 cups with additional conference appearances to routine first round exits to a team with injured vets icing up too much time to worsening depth to trading off his guys etc etc..

It was time for Q to go, period. Yeah, you want a guy like him now I suppose, but really don't feel the same way about the past few years. The move was as good for him as anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad