Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nice rebuttal. It's OK to be wrong, Bobby.
If I was wrong about anything it was just how bad Stan could become. I wanted both gone at the same time but I thought Stan would at least replace Q with a competent replacement. I didn't anticipate that Stan's decisions would get worse (beginning with the hiring of JC) then change his mind about a proper rebuild and instead try to do it on the fly...
.... and that's where we are: cap-strapped again with Boqvist gone as well as this years first-rounder. I don't mind Seth. It just was the wrong time to bring him in ... and Fleury, talk about desperation to save one's job.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If I was wrong about anything it was just how bad Stan could become. I wanted both gone at the same time but I thought Stan would at least replace Q with a competent replacement. I didn't anticipate that Stan's decisions would get worse (beginning with the hiring of JC) then change his mind about a proper rebuild and instead try to do it on the fly...
.... and that's where we are: cap-strapped again with Boqvist gone as well as this years first-rounder. I don't mind Seth. It just was the wrong time to bring him in ... and Fleury, talk about desperation to save one's job.
I agree with you, I thought Stan would stay the course with the rebuild and stick to what he is good at in drafting. But here we are. Everyone thought the grass was greener with Q being fired, but turns out, we are worse off.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

How the hell do you wait 20 games to see if a change needs to be made? Did Hawks brass forget they don't own their 1st next year and a down season would only benefit the Blue Jackets?

giphy.gif

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

How the hell do you wait 20 games to see if a change needs to be made? Did Hawks brass forget they don't own their 1st next year and a down season would only benefit the Blue Jackets?

giphy.gif

20 games???
its-iceyy-tyson.gif

Also the people in the organization still believe the rebuild plan? After Stanley traded away Boqvist, the 12th overall pick, and what probably ends up a top 10 pick???
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

giphy.gif

Yes, let’s wait until we are virtually eliminated from the playoffs to make the painfully obvious move.

Funny how they think they have a plan. They have no idea what direction they want to go in and still don’t.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Everyone thought the grass was greener with Q being fired, but turns out, we are worse off.

This I don’t agree with. It’s revisionist. This team was a sinking ship with Q. Not everything is his fault but it was plain to see he wasn’t going to coach the Hawks to any meaningful success past what Colliton has brought us. There was a good reason he was let go.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This I don’t agree with. It’s revisionist. This team was a sinking ship with Q. Not everything is his fault but it was plain to see he wasn’t going to coach the Hawks to any meaningful success past what Colliton has brought us. There was a good reason he was let go.
That's not what I was saying. Some thought that if we get rid of Q, our team will improve just with that move itself.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That's not what I was saying. Some thought that if we get rid of Q, our team will improve just with that move itself.

A small some. That doesn’t change the fact that it was time for Q to go. The Hawks roster aged out and Stan wasn’t able to restock the cupboards. I’m happier with Q doing well in Florida than having him be here and coach a bunch of middling Blackhawks teams.

Any notion of “We’d be better off if we never fired Quenville” is simply inaccurate.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Hawks have 1 point on the season out of a possible 8.
1/8
0.125 pts %

No matter what Emily Kaplan says, there's no possibility that JC survives until game 20 if this continues. Zero possibility.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
A small some. That doesn’t change the fact that it was time for Q to go. The Hawks roster aged out and Stan wasn’t able to restock the cupboards. I’m happier with Q doing well in Florida than having him be here and coach a bunch of middling Blackhawks teams.

Any notion of “We’d be better off if we never fired Quenville” is simply inaccurate.
And I never said such a thing.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It Did that season, there's were bad defensively and scoring so little to being a much stronger offensive season and bad defensively too

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It Did that season, there's were bad defensively and scoring so little to being a much stronger offensive season and bad defensively too
Not really. The PP went on a hot streak, that's all that happened.

(5 on 5)
With Q in 18-19 (15GP)
CF% - 51.5
xGF% - 45.82
HDCF% - 43.64

With JC (last 20GP of 18-19)
CF% - 51.22
xGF% - 48.35
HDCF% - 43.23

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
how the f*** has stan convinced anybody in the org he's still 'rebuilding' after trading away 3 1st round picks to pay a player nearly 10m per year... rocky is going to join mccaskeys and ricketts as a totally incompetent owner

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
how the f*** has stan convinced anybody in the org he's still 'rebuilding' after trading away 3 1st round picks to pay a player nearly 10m per year...sheesh
It's just his fall statement. If they are good, he can take credit for the moves he made, if they are bad, he can just say, "well, we are still rebuilding". Kind of genius when you think about it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It's just his fall statement. If they are good, he can take credit for the moves he made, if they are bad, he can just say, "well, we are still rebuilding". Kind of genius when you think about it.

he's been doing this for 3 years, he did it the offseason after the bubble but they fortunately got squeezed out of the goalie market and he was forced into a 'rebuild' because he was left with 3 ahl goaltenders...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If JC coaching the Panthers ,they still would be a great team...because they have legit talent and depth and theirvstats actualky produce and play good defense. Plus nobody just falls down withoutvbeing touched...nobody makes major coverage gaffes consistently...nobody puck watches...and 3 guts do not chase 1 puck carrier at the same time.Plus they shoot,they score.

If Q was coaching this bunch of Hawks and their constant gaffes ,poir focus and sloppiness,reluctance to get pucks and shoot,and the constant MIA efforts of the big gin stars of the Hawks,I am sure he would not have any success either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad