Euro: Final - Spain v. England - July 14

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think Spain suits England much better than the teams England have faced so far.

For the first time England won’t be expected to control the game. They will have less possession and be able to go on the counter which i think their material is better suited at.

So what am i going with this? Spain clearly the best team England will face in the tourney, but for England they might be the ”easiest” in the terms of playing style.

I’m going with England.
You'd be surprised. This Spain is happy to sit back especially with a lead.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
You'd be surprised. This Spain is happy to sit back especially with a lead.

Probably, but i don’t expect them to settle with that even though that’s likely the best way for them. But if they get an early lead who knows. England have shown they can comeback from behind though.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Spain will dominate the game, whether that results in a win or not who knows, they have to be favourites though.

I want England to win for obvious reasons, but if Spain wins it could totally kill of the ridiculous anti football that is becoming popular again.

Oh Southgate out regardless of the result please
How often has a coach been fired for getting his county's team to the Euro Cup finals?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
France and England are the only 2 European countries to make the Semis of the WC/Euros 3 of the last 4 years. Southgate is the most successful coach in decades. The only way he's not going to be the coach is if he decides to leave.

If he wins, he will be Sir Gareth Southgate.

Heh.

Reactions: Jussi

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I hope England win of course but my guess is…. In England fashion always, England will lose in Pens. Kane will power one over the bar, Spain won’t miss. Same script everytime

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If England win, the cope I'm preparing is that at least it will be nice for Saka and Rice

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Teetotal Rice has said that if England win, he will drink his first ever beer. Taste of success starts his path to alcoholism? :sarcasm:

Maybe a drink will get him to start playing well, been quite crap the last few matches.

To me, Saka has been brilliant match after match. Just love to watch him play, it's nice I can cheer for him every few years. :)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maybe a drink will get him to start playing well, been quite crap the last few matches.

To me, Saka has been brilliant match after match. Just love to watch him play, it's nice I can cheer for him every few years. :)
Rice will never “look” good in Southgate’s England. Just the role he’s asked to play. But he’s definitely done his job.

Reactions: luiginb

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Rice has looked very good in Southgate’s England in the two tournaments prior to this one
I don’t even agree that he hasn’t played well this tournament. My point is that he’s in a purely ball recovery and recycling role under Southgate. He’s never going to look like he does at Arsenal or even as he did at West Ham.

Reactions: maclean and luiginb

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1720804224329.png

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ridiculous. He was dispossessed once leading to a goal, that doesn’t make him a “liability”. You said “last few matches” too, not that one play.

My opinion is that he was a liability last match and not good enough overall in the tournament. Could be because of the role, but that's my view.

I think Saka, Mainoo and Guehi have been the best starters and I think if Saka plays like he has all tournament, he will be the reason they win.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think they should bench Rice. Obvious liability so they should just let him be fresh for Arsenal

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm fully expecting us to "England" it and lose in finals agonizingly somehow. If there was any "justice" in football we'd finally do it but I just can see us losing too easily. Especially after all the media hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad