Confirmed Signing with Link: [KHL] Michael McLeod signs one year deal with Kazhakhstan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
They should be allowed to make a living while awaiting trial… but they probably shouldn‘t be able to travel to countries without an extradition treaty.

Yes once he’s gone, it’ll be hard to get him back for the trial against his will.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Yes once he’s gone, it’ll be hard to get him back for the trial against his will.

They have no chance of ever playing in the NHL, even if they are found not guilty. Why even return? I would just stay and play in the KHL for the foreseeable future.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
They have no chance of ever playing in the NHL, even if they are found not guilty. Why even return? I would just stay and play in the KHL for the foreseeable future.

I’m not sure that’s entirely the case if they’re found not guilty. It would be hard for the NHL to do that. In terms of a team ever offering them a contract, that’s a different story

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
I’m not sure that’s entirely the case if they’re found not guilty. It would be hard for the NHL to do that. In terms of a team ever offering them a contract, that’s a different story

That‘s what I mean. None of them are really worth the PR hit, except Hart. He‘d probably be the only one to get a contract offer a few years out.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Disregarding the off ice stuff, it’s always interesting to see how nhl level talents perform in the KHL. Helps to figure out how strong the KHL really is nowadays compared to the NHL.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I really couldn’t give less of a shit about the player or what he’s involved in lmao. I didn’t realize the case was still a thing or relevant

Clearly not a big enough of a deal if this is the first time I am hearing about it!
I personally wouldnt want a player involved in an 'alleged' gang rape with 2 charges from said allegation on my team. Just because its not a big deal to you or the average Russian/KHL fan, doesnt mean it isnt.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Recently there was some guy from the Netherlands who was a top level football player who was about to get taken down for being a drug kingpin in the world of organized crime who fled to Russia and signed with Spartak Moscow. Unfortunately for him he wasn't very bright and decided to leave the safety of Russia to party in (IIRC) Abu Dhabi where the authorities apprehended him.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Recently there was some guy from the Netherlands who was a top level football player who was about to get taken down for being a drug kingpin in the world of organized crime who fled to Russia and signed with Spartak Moscow. Unfortunately for him he wasn't very bright and decided to leave the safety of Russia to party in (IIRC) Abu Dhabi where the authorities apprehended him.
There’s also an Olympian from the Netherlands who was convicted and sentenced for raping a kid and he’s currently at the 2024 Olympics representing them.

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
They should be allowed to make a living while awaiting trial… but they probably shouldn‘t be able to travel to countries without an extradition treaty.
He's not entitled to a job as a hockey player, there are plenty of other jobs he could do.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
On the other hand, if he wants to stay in Russia to avoid any sort of criminal prosecution, then I guess have fun living the rest of his life in Russia with no hope of ever returning to friends and family in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium