Euro: Final - Spain v. England - July 14

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
At some point it just becomes an odds thing doesn't it? I mean, how many times can you f*** up without finally getting it right?

But then again, this is England we are talking about.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Sometimes you see things that remind you just how pathetic England are on the word stage. Like today, it’s only their third major final! Third. The level of incompetence is astounding. And it’s their first outside England 😂😂😂

Reactions: Evilo

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Nice piece about Gareth Southgate though, who I actually like and respect as a guy. Not the most adventurous football manager, but he gets results, regardless of how the draws have fallen his way.

Also amusing given that less than 2 weeks ago they were lobbing beer at him and calling for his head though (many pundits included).

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
At some point it just becomes an odds thing doesn't it? I mean, how many times can you f*** up without finally getting it right?

But then again, this is England we are talking about.
If they lose, it will be more because Spain have easily been the best team in tournament, not because they f***ed it up. Spain are clear favorites.

Reactions: DaveG

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rumour is that he indeed plans to start the same line-up, and I'd agree with you that he can't recover from his mistake thi time. Wrong personnel choices similar to what Nagelsmann did with Germay vs Spain.

Sort of weird that top managers in national team football are so fixated and rarely seem to learn. Top club managers are more flexible, although they do have more time and matches to tinker with things.

Some stats trivia before the match: Spain are now only one goal shy of equally tournament record for goals scored, currently held by France team form 1984.

Rice has played most minutes and covered most ground during the tournament so far, so his done the leg work at least.

And finally, has Spain asked for permission to play Yamal after 11 p.m local time :) Or are they planning to sub him off before that or break the law?

According to German law, underage persons are not allowed to work after 11. So maybe some police officer , sworn to serve the law, will drag him off the pitch at that time :DD But seriously, most likely Spain will have to pay the 30 000 € fine, if even that for breaking the law.

At least Nagelsmann over-tinkered rather than being too slow to react, like most NT managers...but yeah, unless Wirtz health required it, I won't ever understand not starting him.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
we will see who win .. .and while i wold also give the victory to Spaniards de to their technical level, remember that they were almost eliminated by the Germans ¨!!! who were on a mission. Well England is capable of the same.
Therefore nothing is played.
I am Swiss .. .IMO we deserved the victory ... like 51%/49% !! very close ... but it went to England ... and England did this to 3 teams ... so don't burry them.
I like them actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2